OT: Why would the Defense Logistics Agency buy liquid nitrogen?

OT: Why would the Defense Logistics Agency buy liquid nitrogen?

January 1st, 2009, 8:04 pm #1

Does the Pentagon have a cryonics program we don't know about?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... s_3934.htm
Air Liquide Industrial U.S.L.P. Houston, Texas is being awarded a minimum $9,515,116 firm fixed price contract for production of liquid nitrogen and related ancillary services. Other locations of performance are California and Colorado. Using services are Army, Air Force, federal civilian agencies and defense contractors. The original proposal was solicited on FedBizOps with five responses. Contract funds will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The date of performance completion is September 30, 2013. The contracting activity is the Defense Energy Support Center (DESC), Lackland AFB, Texas (SP0600-09-D-1515).

January 2nd, 2009, 2:35 am #2

Else why would they be buying in these massive quantities?!

www.trecc.org/cgi-bin/fbo/search?active ... 20&out=xml

The estimated quantities are as follows: Warner Robins AFB, GA - 11,700 Tons - Liquid Nitrogen Vandenberg AFB, CA - 11,853 Tons Liquid Nitrogen, 7419 Tons Liquid Oxygen Cape Canaveral AFS, FL - 8862 Tons Liquid Nitrogen, 2058 Tons Liquid Oxygen US Army Space & Missile Defense Command (HELSTF), White Sands Missile Range, NM 6500 Tons Liquid Nitrogen US Army White Sands Missile Range, NM - 1479 Tons Liquid Nitrogen NASA White Sands Test Facility, NM - 12,108 Tons Liquid Nitorgen, 5010 Tons Liquid Oxygen Kirtland AFB, NM - 7672 Tons Liquid Nitrogen (also includs tank lease of 9 each contractor provided tanks) Pratt & Whitney, Jupiter FL - 1156 Tons Liquid Nitrogen, 1156 Tons Liquid Oxygen

That's enough to freeze everybody, and it has to be a conspiracy. Since under Obama no doubt "Privacy Act" will be diminished, Guantanamo slaves will be released, Americans will be able to vacation in Cuba, etc etc, the upper elite must do something. So they will freeze everybody. This beats the h*ll outta chemtrails, and it's my story, I'm stikkin to it.

Happy New Year!

FD

January 2nd, 2009, 12:13 pm #3

it's true. Larouche told me so....

January 2nd, 2009, 2:52 pm #4

You hurt my brain.

January 3rd, 2009, 3:11 pm #5

Else why would they be buying in these massive quantities?!

www.trecc.org/cgi-bin/fbo/search?active ... 20&out=xml

The estimated quantities are as follows: Warner Robins AFB, GA - 11,700 Tons - Liquid Nitrogen Vandenberg AFB, CA - 11,853 Tons Liquid Nitrogen, 7419 Tons Liquid Oxygen Cape Canaveral AFS, FL - 8862 Tons Liquid Nitrogen, 2058 Tons Liquid Oxygen US Army Space & Missile Defense Command (HELSTF), White Sands Missile Range, NM 6500 Tons Liquid Nitrogen US Army White Sands Missile Range, NM - 1479 Tons Liquid Nitrogen NASA White Sands Test Facility, NM - 12,108 Tons Liquid Nitorgen, 5010 Tons Liquid Oxygen Kirtland AFB, NM - 7672 Tons Liquid Nitrogen (also includs tank lease of 9 each contractor provided tanks) Pratt & Whitney, Jupiter FL - 1156 Tons Liquid Nitrogen, 1156 Tons Liquid Oxygen

That's enough to freeze everybody, and it has to be a conspiracy. Since under Obama no doubt "Privacy Act" will be diminished, Guantanamo slaves will be released, Americans will be able to vacation in Cuba, etc etc, the upper elite must do something. So they will freeze everybody. This beats the h*ll outta chemtrails, and it's my story, I'm stikkin to it.

Happy New Year!

FD
You can use it as a component in rocket fuels or welding, for example, though it's a huge fire hazard.

But liquid nitrogen? What is the Pentagon doing that it requires so much of a chemically inert cryogenic coolant?

January 3rd, 2009, 5:51 pm #6

As to what specifically they use it on, some of that might be top secret, but it appears from what I read that they use it for what it is good for - a coolant, for fire control, and I guess they pour it over some equipment that runs better at that temperature.

Google "military use of liquid nitrogen" and the Wikipedia article on liquid nitrogen provide some insights.

FD
(still stikkin to the freeze all Americans conspiracy, and will help certain neighbors and in-laws to get in line first GRIN)

January 3rd, 2009, 6:02 pm #7

Will such massive purchases affect the price of liquid nitrogen? Maybe it is time to buy LN futures :-)

January 7th, 2009, 5:07 am #8

As to what specifically they use it on, some of that might be top secret, but it appears from what I read that they use it for what it is good for - a coolant, for fire control, and I guess they pour it over some equipment that runs better at that temperature.

Google "military use of liquid nitrogen" and the Wikipedia article on liquid nitrogen provide some insights.

FD
(still stikkin to the freeze all Americans conspiracy, and will help certain neighbors and in-laws to get in line first GRIN)
Probably need it to cool super-photon computers.

Basie