Any good blogs out there?

Any good blogs out there?

January 23rd, 2009, 7:51 pm #1

Post a link in reply to this thread. I'm looking to add more blogs to the blog roll at the top of the page. Anything written by a cryonicist or someone who frequently mentions cryonics is eligible. If you have a blog, post a link to that as well.

January 23rd, 2009, 8:33 pm #2

http://www.depressedmetabolism.com/

That one deserves a plug to be sure.

Real good article up there right now.
5 most dangerous. You'll see.

January 23rd, 2009, 9:53 pm #3

Post a link in reply to this thread. I'm looking to add more blogs to the blog roll at the top of the page. Anything written by a cryonicist or someone who frequently mentions cryonics is eligible. If you have a blog, post a link to that as well.
Better organized than a bunch of reverse-time-sequence posts, started long before there even were blogs, more and better content than most blogs:

www.benbest.com

January 24th, 2009, 1:02 am #4

http://benbestblog.blogspot.com/

It would refer to his better-organized website. I would have mentioned this before but was only apprised of it a couple of minutes ago.

FD

January 24th, 2009, 3:33 am #5

They have their minuses and plusses, but are not primarily focused on cryonics and some of their scenarios could make the whole idea behind cryonics irrelevant. The only field I can see wherein that might be a good idea is that of Life Extension, but that is not our focus here either as I perceive it.

Thanks for your consideration,

FD

January 25th, 2009, 4:17 pm #6

Especially the ones who've convinced themselves that current humans are "obsolete" compared with the godlike AI's that will emerge any time now, and they're ready to drop into the grave to make room for them. Both Hans Moravec and John "Smart" (oh, the irony!) have written things to that effect, and I'm sure they aren't the only ones.

I'm also struck by the irony (and the tragedy) of "life extension scientists" who die at banal ages and don't have cryonics arrangements, like Roy Walford and now Kronos Lab's Chris Heward

January 25th, 2009, 9:09 pm #7

I have a blog "Liberation Ageless Living" sub-title "Biological Transhumanism"

I haven't had time to develop it better, I have been working a lot of overtime, and I was in the hospital for a Staphylococci/gallbladder infection for a few weeks. But I hope to be able to work on this blog more this year.

Read it and judge for yourself.
Thanks,
Jimmy
A-1531

January 26th, 2009, 4:11 pm #8

http://newsrogue.com/ has cryonics stories, & posts by me

I also run http://newswithdrawal.com/

January 27th, 2009, 12:21 am #9

I have a blog "Liberation Ageless Living" sub-title "Biological Transhumanism"

I haven't had time to develop it better, I have been working a lot of overtime, and I was in the hospital for a Staphylococci/gallbladder infection for a few weeks. But I hope to be able to work on this blog more this year.

Read it and judge for yourself.
Thanks,
Jimmy
A-1531
If you read your private medical insurance contract carefully you will find you are only entitled to $2,000,000.00 (two million) per life time. That is the medical cost for about one year after a serious heart attack or cancer. You like every one else will end up on Medicaid eventually. Your yellow sticker is waiting for you.

January 27th, 2009, 3:16 am #10

I think I knew once but I forgot, sorry. Anyway, none of what you said matches what I generally see in the USA. Most private insurance here actually has a "catastrophic no limit" clause rather than a $2M lifetime limit. And for people on Medicare (65 or older and some others) I don't think there are lifetime caps. In the USA the term "Medicaid" refers to state-run programs, not federal, associated with welfare. Perhaps this is something different where you are?

FD