Alcor lawyer, Johnson on today's CNN Situation Room>>>

Alcor lawyer, Johnson on today's CNN Situation Room>>>

October 10th, 2009, 5:54 am #1

Hi:

Larry Johnson, the Alcor lawyer, Ralph Merkle and Steve Harris were (separately)on a somewhat lengthy segnent on today's CNN Situation Room hosted by Wolfe Blitzer. Hopefully soon they will upload it to the CNN video archives so that anyone who missed it can see it too. I think LJ is scatter shooting what an ordinary person would think is a diverse bunch of outragious allegations. This mess needs to be sorted out in court. The latest wrinkle: The Alcor lawyer said they haven't yet been able to find LJ to serve him with the summons, etc....
~JBK

October 10th, 2009, 11:03 am #2

...is also LEF's (Kent and Faloon's) lawyer, so it was no surprise, to me, when he showed up representing Alcor. He made a lot of, what I consider to be inaccurate statements, on CNN Situation Room, things I believe were quite misleading. (I must give him the benefit of the doubt, as he may not be aware of the inaccuracies of some of his statements.)

"...Mr. Wolff currently represents construction companies, roofing companies, health care companies, foreign real estate investors and multi-million dollar vitamin companies based in Florida. (This is the last line of his Wikipedia entry, athttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_A._Wolff.)

I'll give one example here, and the rest will be on my blog, later. Clifford Wolff stated that the "Alcor dog experiments" stopped about 20 years ago. That may be technically true, but we know the person identified on the show as Alcor's medical advisor has continued to carry out cryonics dog experiments, in recent years, (and probably to this very day), at CCR, and there's plenty of evidence of that.

I'll write about more of the statements the Alcor/LEF/SA...attorney, Clifford Wolff made, later, on my blog. Mostly, he hid behind "patient confidentiality" and "attorney-client privilege."

JBK: "I think LJ is scatter shooting what an ordinary person would think is a diverse bunch of outragious allegations."

It might appear, to an ordinary person that LJ is making a diverse bunch of outrageous allegations, directed at a diverse group of individuals, but these people are very connected and most of them are, to say the least, a little "outrageous."

"This mess needs to be sorted out in court."

I agree, and this time, Johnson's team needs to show up with some experts who won't let Alcor get away with convincing the judge that a ball peen hammer is a surgical instrument called a "medical mallet."

"The latest wrinkle: The Alcor lawyer said they haven't yet been able to find LJ to serve him with the summons, etc...."

It should be obvious, to everyone, that Johnson is on a tour, promoting his book. They will be able to serve him, eventually. In the meantime, they should quit spinning one enormous defeat, for Alcor, as a victory. It's my understanding the judge in New York refused to stop Johnson from talking about the book. He only said that Johnson had to limit his discussions to what is in the book. How much of what Johnson knows about Alcor do any of us think is NOT in the book? Does that really look like a victory, for Alcor, to anyone?

October 10th, 2009, 3:52 pm #3

"I think LJ is scatter shooting what an ordinary person would think is a diverse bunch of outragious allegations."

Well, one can only allege what one is aware of. Though unconnected, I think they illustrate a pattern of behavior.

I guess Alcor and Johnson will fight it out, as far as Alcor's actions there seems to be no one with authority to care.

"The latest wrinkle: The Alcor lawyer said they haven't yet been able to find LJ to serve him with the summons, etc...."

The CNN segment showed him out on the streets of New York...

October 10th, 2009, 7:10 pm #4

...is also LEF's (Kent and Faloon's) lawyer, so it was no surprise, to me, when he showed up representing Alcor. He made a lot of, what I consider to be inaccurate statements, on CNN Situation Room, things I believe were quite misleading. (I must give him the benefit of the doubt, as he may not be aware of the inaccuracies of some of his statements.)

"...Mr. Wolff currently represents construction companies, roofing companies, health care companies, foreign real estate investors and multi-million dollar vitamin companies based in Florida. (This is the last line of his Wikipedia entry, athttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_A._Wolff.)

I'll give one example here, and the rest will be on my blog, later. Clifford Wolff stated that the "Alcor dog experiments" stopped about 20 years ago. That may be technically true, but we know the person identified on the show as Alcor's medical advisor has continued to carry out cryonics dog experiments, in recent years, (and probably to this very day), at CCR, and there's plenty of evidence of that.

I'll write about more of the statements the Alcor/LEF/SA...attorney, Clifford Wolff made, later, on my blog. Mostly, he hid behind "patient confidentiality" and "attorney-client privilege."

JBK: "I think LJ is scatter shooting what an ordinary person would think is a diverse bunch of outragious allegations."

It might appear, to an ordinary person that LJ is making a diverse bunch of outrageous allegations, directed at a diverse group of individuals, but these people are very connected and most of them are, to say the least, a little "outrageous."

I agree, and this time, Johnson's team needs to show up with some experts who won't let Alcor get away with convincing the judge that a ball peen hammer is a surgical instrument called a "medical mallet."

It should be obvious, to everyone, that Johnson is on a tour, promoting his book. They will be able to serve him, eventually. In the meantime, they should quit spinning one enormous defeat, for Alcor, as a victory. It's my understanding the judge in New York refused to stop Johnson from talking about the book. He only said that Johnson had to limit his discussions to what is in the book. How much of what Johnson knows about Alcor do any of us think is NOT in the book? Does that really look like a victory, for Alcor, to anyone?
a ball peen hammer is a surgical instrument called a "medical mallet."

Are there significant differences between the two? Let me show two pictures for everyone else:

Medical mallet:

What Alcor used (WARNING - GRAPHIC):http://frozenbook.com/photos-9.php

I know you said that Alcor's ball peen hammer has a wooden handle that can soak in blood. But I noticed two things:

1. The handle seems a bit too "glossy" to be straight-up wood without any coating.

2. To reinforce #1, the handle doesn't seem to have any blood stains on it.

If you're busy, you don't have to worry about responding. This really isn't a big deal for me

October 10th, 2009, 9:11 pm #5

But you're right, it does look glossy, or even plastic, in that specific example.

October 10th, 2009, 9:45 pm #6

Hammers many times have a gloss or matte finish on the handles.

October 10th, 2009, 11:23 pm #7

a ball peen hammer is a surgical instrument called a "medical mallet."

Are there significant differences between the two? Let me show two pictures for everyone else:

Medical mallet:

What Alcor used (WARNING - GRAPHIC):http://frozenbook.com/photos-9.php

I know you said that Alcor's ball peen hammer has a wooden handle that can soak in blood. But I noticed two things:

1. The handle seems a bit too "glossy" to be straight-up wood without any coating.

2. To reinforce #1, the handle doesn't seem to have any blood stains on it.

If you're busy, you don't have to worry about responding. This really isn't a big deal for me
In that photo there is no blood on the chisel, or on anyone’s hands for that matter.

October 11th, 2009, 12:31 am #8

But you're right, it does look glossy, or even plastic, in that specific example.
Whether the handle was wood, or plastic, (looks like wood, to me), it's still a ball peen hammer from a hardware store. While sterility is an issue, to your usual patient, in conventional medicine, it shouldn't be much of an issue, to someone who has been decapitated...now should it???

You guys crack me up, always wanting to give Alcor and all the LEF-funded organizations the benefit of the doubt. They should have just said, "Sure, we cut his head off with ball peen hammer and a chisel. We figure that, by the time we can grow his body back, we'll be able to kill the HIV, or whatever other nasty organisms we gave him, in our unsterile environment, too." Why didn't they say something like that, so they wouldn't look so damn dishonest and stupid??? Oh well, I guess it's a lot easier to get $150K, or more, out of people, if you can make them believe your surgical teams are professionals who use actual medical equipment.

THEY LIED, and...

Whoever called in to say the 1992 AIDS patient died in his room, rather than a makeshift operating room lied, and...

I'd be willing to bet they lied about Johnson's violation of an NDA, just like Platt and Harris lied about me stealing one that never even existed, and...

SA continues to lie on their website, and...

Oh geeez...why bother...At least I get to go to bed, laughing, tonight. (My apologies to those whose relatives are in cryopreservation, at Alcor, but from my point of view, their defense efforts couldn't be much more like "The Three Stooges," if they tried. Are those guys really lawyers, or did they go to some 12-week cryo-legal school?

October 11th, 2009, 1:20 am #9

I specifically mentioned that "this really isn't a big deal for me." Hence, I was not defending what Alcor said (which is, obviously, a much more important issue). My comment was for geeks like me with a technical curiosity, and so I was just clarifying what you said earlier:

"(Think about blood soaking in, and you'll realize there would be sterilization issues.)"
~Melody

And let's not get carried away here either: Alcor may be playing the media, but so is Larry. I'm still shaking my head that he didn't bother to validate his death threats by checking for fingerprints (I think I'll send myself a printed death threat tomorrow after breakfast). There are things that I believe are true in the book. But he ruined it for the newcomer by spraying his "literary cliche Uzi" at everything. Of course, I think he knew that this wasn't for the average reserved audience: that's why he sent his book to PETA.

(I think I'll going to bed laughing, too. Sounds like fun.)

October 11th, 2009, 3:03 am #10

If LJ has evidence of recent and current "death threats" against him, why hasn't he reported them to the police, and why haven't the authorities acted upon them? You'd think the district attorney in Maricopa County, AZ, would want to empanel a grand jury to investigate Alcor as an allegedly criminal organization, with LJ as his star witness.