Warning for scammer...

Warning for scammer...

May 10th, 2006, 10:03 pm #1

Hello all,

Hate to do this, but I feel it as my duty to warn fellow Paneristi for a guy who at first seemed ok.

After having received several mails from the good ones amongst you, I have decided to reveil the name of the guy who scammed us. (Read previous thread for the whole story).

His name is Jesper Holmberg from Sweden.

He refuses to take responsability for undiscribed severe damage on a PAM 127 that we traded in from him.

I hope this posting will prevent him from doing harm to others.

Best regards,

Bas Friedericy
Interwatch.nl

May 11th, 2006, 5:34 am #2

May 11th, 2006, 6:20 am #3

No link, but I posted the whole story on Paneristi a few days ago.

Thanks!

May 11th, 2006, 10:43 am #4

...I don't know why it got locked down so damned fast! It's stories like these that NEED to be told, names of the offenders included! There are so many guys trading watches on the watch forums that when a guy who "seems" OK pulls a boneheaded move like this the rest of the community has to be informed. I really think you should repost this on Paneristi since he certainly does have a presence over there and I doubt anyone would think kindly of how he handled this deal.

BT

May 11th, 2006, 2:40 pm #5

Hello all,

Hate to do this, but I feel it as my duty to warn fellow Paneristi for a guy who at first seemed ok.

After having received several mails from the good ones amongst you, I have decided to reveil the name of the guy who scammed us. (Read previous thread for the whole story).

His name is Jesper Holmberg from Sweden.

He refuses to take responsability for undiscribed severe damage on a PAM 127 that we traded in from him.

I hope this posting will prevent him from doing harm to others.

Best regards,

Bas Friedericy
Interwatch.nl
which happen on the other site. Not sure why they would stop this information from being heard!!!!!! I also had a problem with this seller.

May 11th, 2006, 4:53 pm #6

...I don't know why it got locked down so damned fast! It's stories like these that NEED to be told, names of the offenders included! There are so many guys trading watches on the watch forums that when a guy who "seems" OK pulls a boneheaded move like this the rest of the community has to be informed. I really think you should repost this on Paneristi since he certainly does have a presence over there and I doubt anyone would think kindly of how he handled this deal.

BT
It seems there's always some amount of drama whenever a transaction involving sizable sums of money or equivalent merchandise is involved.

Sometimes it's the result of a "bad" guy, sometimes it's two "good" guys that can't see eye to eye, sometimes it's people that just like to piss and moan about anything. Point being, every dispute has two sides and neither Paneristi nor the Moderators there are in the mediation business.

You could very easily have a forum dealing with nothing other than mediating these deals. We've purposely kept away from any commercial involvements for this very reason.

Personally, I think if these types of issues keep popping up, we'll just have to close the trading boards and keep the site strictly informational.

May 11th, 2006, 4:56 pm #7

"...Personally, I think if these types of issues keep popping up, we'll just have to close the trading boards and keep the site strictly informational..."

And the boards will fade away shortly thereafter! The trading aspect of ALL of the watch boards is certainly one of the major reasons people are there.

BT

May 11th, 2006, 5:01 pm #8

However, having been involved with Paneristi for close to 6 years, and with the watch community far longer, I can tell you there's far more to it than 'trading'.

Scan some of the names on the trading fora and compare them to regular posters on the public forums--you should notice a disparity.

Trading is far from being the MAJOR reason for the majority of posters, though I'm sure it is the sole purpose for a very small minority.

May 11th, 2006, 6:22 pm #9

...but you can't deny it's up there! In the past 6 months or so, I have met maybe 15 guys in the NYC area who spend serious time on the boards and contribute a great deal, but every one of them has bought or sold a watch through the forums! And let's not even get started on the accessories!

Before I started hanging out in the watch forums it never would have occurred to me to buy a high end watch this way, but so far I've bought three! It's not the only reason I'm there, but for me, it is a major bonus and a positive perk for the watch-geek community!

BT

May 11th, 2006, 7:48 pm #10

nt