Thank goodness a forum for me.

Thank goodness a forum for me.

February 7th, 2010, 12:35 am #1

Hi all. As the title suggests I'm certainly happy to find a forum populated by those who love big watches. Almost sounds dirty doesn't it? Oh well. I own a U-Boat IFO at 54mm and I'm debating about spending a little of the Xmas bonus money on an Invicta Russian Diver model 5741. I'm having one heck of a time finding any information or even opinions on this 52mm, 16mm thick beauty. I tried one on this morning and almost couldn't put it down at $170.00. Any opinions on this one?
Thanks.

February 10th, 2010, 3:52 am #2

It is certainly a unique watch. I like the older ones. Never really got into the gold plated or skeleton versions. Are you thinking Chrono? I have a friend who collects Invicta watches and loves them. I think they have a quartz and a mechanical version as well as Swiss and non Swiss made variations. They are very imposing watches with a lot of wrist presence for sure, but wouldn't a Russian Diver be close to the U-Boar in terms of appearance? Similar size, crown?

February 12th, 2010, 8:42 pm #3

I'm just sooo watch whipped. I bought it. I saw it listed at a jewelry store that was closing its doors while doing some Valentine's Day shopping for the significant other. They wanted $238.00 for it. I found one online for $169.00. I called and asked the store if they would match the price as they were into their final closeout sale before closing the doors. The lady stated that they would not match internet prices. The store was being closed at that location and they wouldn't match a price?! Not really a good deal then despite what the huge signage conveyed.

Oh well received the watch in two days and it is beautiful (read as caveman heavy). So heavy even a caveman can wear it ... or use it as a weapon. The only issue I have is that the band is just a little short for my wrist so the watch is tight. It does go great with the U-Boat though. Cheers.

February 12th, 2010, 8:57 pm #4

congrats ken! which variation it it? post pictures when you can.

February 6th, 2012, 9:44 pm #5

Hi all. As the title suggests I'm certainly happy to find a forum populated by those who love big watches. Almost sounds dirty doesn't it? Oh well. I own a U-Boat IFO at 54mm and I'm debating about spending a little of the Xmas bonus money on an Invicta Russian Diver model 5741. I'm having one heck of a time finding any information or even opinions on this 52mm, 16mm thick beauty. I tried one on this morning and almost couldn't put it down at $170.00. Any opinions on this one?
Thanks.
This is definitely the watch forum for me!

October 13th, 2013, 2:15 pm #6

Thanks.
they are unique and classy, i respect ur choice