Tauchmeister watches, and Trias watches

Tauchmeister watches, and Trias watches

January 31st, 2007, 11:33 am #1

I was wondering if anyone on here has any information on either of these two German watch brands. I've seen a number of watches under these brands online, but never in person yet. A couple of the models have sparked my interest. Are these decent brands? I'm sure they aren't higher end brands like Panerai, but I wonder if you all think they might be a good pick up at a decent price. I've seen a knock-off of a Tauchmeister already, but I wonder if the Tauchmeister is really just a knock-off of something else, or if its half-way original. Seems hard for designs to be truly original these days. Thanks in advance if anyone has ANY info on these brands.

January 31st, 2007, 3:18 pm #2

Pretty much GermAsian built but Fun and they certainly do not break the bank, VERY cheap, for a fairly well built watch,these 1000m?? Auto's are OK, there large 46mm, lume is pretty good, comfortable and no problemo beating the Piss out of them they work so it seems no matter what you dish out, so for the moolah spent ($80-120) IMHO they are a pretty worthy watch, Maybe not what one would wear with the Saville row attire, however if your just slumming and shooting the crapola out of stuff smoking a nice old Cuesta Rey, i think no one would be to worried about your watch at that point LMAO.

Trias pretty much the same Germasian built Miyota autos cheap so for the price $70) their good.

Easy to imitate, not so easy to innovate.
Last edited by 1000mshane on January 31st, 2007, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 31st, 2007, 10:54 pm #3

Love you throwing in the 5.11 pic for comparison.

February 1st, 2007, 1:56 am #4

I was wondering if anyone on here has any information on either of these two German watch brands. I've seen a number of watches under these brands online, but never in person yet. A couple of the models have sparked my interest. Are these decent brands? I'm sure they aren't higher end brands like Panerai, but I wonder if you all think they might be a good pick up at a decent price. I've seen a knock-off of a Tauchmeister already, but I wonder if the Tauchmeister is really just a knock-off of something else, or if its half-way original. Seems hard for designs to be truly original these days. Thanks in advance if anyone has ANY info on these brands.
I'm with Shane. I think the Tauchmeister is a good deal and tough as nails. Here's mine on a Lonestar Mesh

February 1st, 2007, 3:01 pm #5

Suweet.

February 2nd, 2007, 3:41 am #6

Thanks Shane! It is a good beater to have around for sure.
Tim

February 2nd, 2007, 2:35 pm #7

I have trias. They pretty suck. They look better in images than they do in person. It should be the other way around. Always MY standard for evaluating timepieces.

February 2nd, 2007, 2:37 pm #8

I have trias. They pretty suck. They look better in images than they do in person. It should be the other way around. Always MY standard for evaluating timepieces.

February 2nd, 2007, 5:38 pm #9

This is a cheap watch so I guess the old old saying is true "you get what you pay for".

February 2nd, 2007, 8:51 pm #10

I bought one a few months ago just because I liked the look, I didn't expect a high end watch, I just wanted to see what they were about. Like Shane said it is decent watch, mine doesn't get enough wrist time in my opinion, (But I have a couple of Panerai that do not either.) but I still like it. I like it for what it is, just something different.

If you are looking for a decent interesting looking large watch, ( I have the Sub Diver? I think? it has the crown of to the left side.) for a fair price I think it is a good buy!

Good Luck!

Here I found some pics.