So 42mm would make it a "big watch," right? :-)

So 42mm would make it a "big watch," right? :-)

August 11th, 2007, 10:20 pm #1

After trying to decide between an Aquatimer 2000 and Aquatimer Chrono for a long while, I decided on this one that arrived yesterday...

Since I was used to 44mm pieces, I was worried that this would feel a little small for me (it is 42mm), but fortunately that was not the case. It really does not feel that small. I figure that is because 1) the strap is wider at the lugs and that probably gives the illusion that the case is bigger, 2) the bezel is not very wide and when you combine that with the busy dial, you feel like it is bigger than it really is. It really is a beautiful timepiece with a beautiful finish...

I love this side...

Very nice lume (I just wish it would last a little longer though)

... with some other toys...

Anyhow, here is the current IWC collection...

I hope you like it too...

Best regards...

Altan

August 11th, 2007, 10:57 pm #2

B

August 12th, 2007, 6:38 am #3

After trying to decide between an Aquatimer 2000 and Aquatimer Chrono for a long while, I decided on this one that arrived yesterday...

Since I was used to 44mm pieces, I was worried that this would feel a little small for me (it is 42mm), but fortunately that was not the case. It really does not feel that small. I figure that is because 1) the strap is wider at the lugs and that probably gives the illusion that the case is bigger, 2) the bezel is not very wide and when you combine that with the busy dial, you feel like it is bigger than it really is. It really is a beautiful timepiece with a beautiful finish...

I love this side...

Best regards...

Altan
IWC are great watches. I need to pick one up soon as well.

August 12th, 2007, 1:14 pm #4

I love this side...

Best regards...

Altan
IMO, that watch gets an exemption from being too small, as its so damned sweet. However, I bought my Gevril ,posted just recently, a year or so ago, and now i find it almost too small at 42mm.
The Gevril is all dial also, and its dished outwards, to make the overall size appear larger than it really is.
I would love this gevril in, say a 44, with a 22mm strap.
But you're IWC collection is a thing of beauty.
These days, I'm into 43+mm. My Oris TT1 Diver is 44 overall. But the case bottom is 44, and it tapers upto the face to 42mm. So my two favorite watches are 44, and 42 respectively, are considered "large" but I'm really looking for something that's a bonafide 44-47, no tapering at all.
I guess its common to yearn for more. Especially as a watch geek!!

August 12th, 2007, 6:26 pm #5

... Mark series and the older version of the IWC UTCs but at 38 and 39mm, they are just too small for me. That may be a good thing though, since I can't afford anything for a while anyway

August 13th, 2007, 7:12 pm #6

I love this side...

Best regards...

Altan
v