OT: Hurricane Rita update from Houston, TX

OT: Hurricane Rita update from Houston, TX

September 21st, 2005, 4:04 am #1

Well, it is official now... some parts of surrounding areas of Houston are under mandatory evacuation... League City, Pearland, Kemah, Friendswood...

The university that I teach at is now officially closed... I live in Clear Lake and I am just couple miles from these areas that will be evacuating tomorrow. I guess it is wise for us to leave too. My wife and I have decided to wait till early Thursday morning to see the latest... We will be packing up tomorrow...

I'll keep you posted...

Regards,

Altan
Houston, TX

September 21st, 2005, 4:37 am #2

nt

September 21st, 2005, 12:39 pm #3

Well, it is official now... some parts of surrounding areas of Houston are under mandatory evacuation... League City, Pearland, Kemah, Friendswood...

The university that I teach at is now officially closed... I live in Clear Lake and I am just couple miles from these areas that will be evacuating tomorrow. I guess it is wise for us to leave too. My wife and I have decided to wait till early Thursday morning to see the latest... We will be packing up tomorrow...

I'll keep you posted...

Regards,

Altan
Houston, TX
nt

September 21st, 2005, 9:52 pm #4

I'll keep you posted...

Regards,

Altan
Houston, TX
A lot of us here in D/FW are prepared to help everyone from Galveston, Houston, and Corpus out. Do not wait too long to leave. The latest reports are saying that even we will get hit with the high winds from the hurricane in the Metroplex. That will cause a lot of trouble any direction you go whether you take 10 or 45. You should get West of San Antonio or North of Waco if possible.

September 21st, 2005, 11:26 pm #5

I'll keep you posted...

Regards,

Altan
Houston, TX
nt

September 22nd, 2005, 1:16 am #6

I'll keep you posted...

Regards,

Altan
Houston, TX
nt

September 22nd, 2005, 4:02 am #7

I'll keep you posted...

Regards,

Altan
Houston, TX
Pls stay on the safe side my friend.