My project/homage watch...

My project/homage watch...

March 29th, 2008, 2:04 pm #1

So I decided I wanted a new watch, but what I wanted is not really available and if it was I am sure it would be well outside my budget. So, I decided to make my own. I intended on assembling the watch myself. I started with some very inexpensive parts I sourced out to get some practice, but after a few attempts, scratched dials, crushed hands, movements that were falling apart, I decided the assembly of my better quality parts should be left to a more seasoned professional. So one of my friends, who assembles and mods lots of watches, agreed to do it for me. Actually, he insisted So, here you go...

47 mm 1950 style PVD case
Brown base sandwich dial
Gold hands
Domed sapphire crystal
Swiss Unitas 6497 movement

Now, I know there is a fine line between a homage/project watch and a replica or a fake. And while I would never condone replicating a watch or obviously, faking a watch, I feel that being inspired by an existing icon in the world of horology is paying respect to the line. Some may disagree, but that's OK. I feel good about this watch and what it represents. Hopefully, you will like it too.

OK, onto the photos...

And now with a beautiful vintage Vintager Strap...

Thanks for looking

Peace,
[color=000099]<FONT SIZE="+1">Pedro[/color]

Silver Spring, MD USA!

Oh, oh, Panerai
The bezel that does not turn
Watches rule the world
</font>

March 29th, 2008, 5:17 pm #2

Pedro,

that's a beautiful homage!

if you dont mind , can you pm or email me on where to get that dial and domed crystal?

thank you

Noel

March 29th, 2008, 5:33 pm #3

Peace,

Silver Spring, MD USA!

Oh, oh, Panerai
Watches rule the world
</font>

March 30th, 2008, 12:07 am #4

So I decided I wanted a new watch, but what I wanted is not really available and if it was I am sure it would be well outside my budget. So, I decided to make my own. I intended on assembling the watch myself. I started with some very inexpensive parts I sourced out to get some practice, but after a few attempts, scratched dials, crushed hands, movements that were falling apart, I decided the assembly of my better quality parts should be left to a more seasoned professional. So one of my friends, who assembles and mods lots of watches, agreed to do it for me. Actually, he insisted So, here you go...

Brown base sandwich dial
Gold hands
Domed sapphire crystal

Now, I know there is a fine line between a homage/project watch and a replica or a fake. And while I would never condone replicating a watch or obviously, faking a watch, I feel that being inspired by an existing icon in the world of horology is paying respect to the line. Some may disagree, but that's OK. I feel good about this watch and what it represents. Hopefully, you will like it too.

OK, onto the photos...

Thanks for looking

Peace,

Silver Spring, MD USA!

Oh, oh, Panerai
Watches rule the world
</font>

nt

March 30th, 2008, 11:07 am #5

Peace,

Silver Spring, MD USA!

Oh, oh, Panerai
Watches rule the world
</font>

April 1st, 2008, 12:33 am #6

Pedro,

that's a beautiful homage!

if you dont mind , can you pm or email me on where to get that dial and domed crystal?

thank you

Noel
Could you drop me a line with the sources for the parts you used?

thanks!

April 1st, 2008, 3:54 am #7

Brown base sandwich dial
Gold hands
Domed sapphire crystal

OK, onto the photos...

Thanks for looking

Peace,

Silver Spring, MD USA!

Oh, oh, Panerai
Watches rule the world
</font>

Love the brown dial combo on the watch.

Great job, Pedro!

April 1st, 2008, 4:22 am #8

Brown base sandwich dial
Gold hands
Domed sapphire crystal

OK, onto the photos...

Thanks for looking

Peace,

Silver Spring, MD USA!

Oh, oh, Panerai
Watches rule the world
</font>

Could i also get the source info...been wanting to make a vintage style 47mm.
gaizkaeta@yahoo.com

thanks!

April 1st, 2008, 5:10 am #9

Brown base sandwich dial
Gold hands
Domed sapphire crystal

OK, onto the photos...

Thanks for looking

Peace,

Silver Spring, MD USA!

Oh, oh, Panerai
Watches rule the world
</font>

Found ya

It looks GR8 M8TE - Nevermind the Bullocks! LOL -

Peace out brudda -

RichM

April 1st, 2008, 3:50 pm #10

Brown base sandwich dial
Gold hands
Domed sapphire crystal

OK, onto the photos...

Thanks for looking

Peace,

Silver Spring, MD USA!

Oh, oh, Panerai
Watches rule the world
</font>

nt
Last edited by cdigi on April 1st, 2008, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.