Interchangeable movements

Interchangeable movements

July 20th, 2005, 6:22 pm #1

I just bought a Rolex Submariner (41mm) online. I got a great deal because the watch did not include a movement. I having trouble sourcing/affording a Rolex movement. I know that it is probably looked down upon watch afficionados but could I use a Seiko Submariner movement instead? Is there anything I need to look out for? Thanks for your feedback.

S

July 21st, 2005, 12:59 am #2

tna
Last edited by CHenning on July 21st, 2005, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 21st, 2005, 1:32 am #3

I just bought a Rolex Submariner (41mm) online. I got a great deal because the watch did not include a movement. I having trouble sourcing/affording a Rolex movement. I know that it is probably looked down upon watch afficionados but could I use a Seiko Submariner movement instead? Is there anything I need to look out for? Thanks for your feedback.

S
Anyone wanna start?

Best
Jose

July 21st, 2005, 1:44 am #4

S
You have this nice Rolex case and want to put a Seiko movement in it?!!! Don't call it a Rolex then when wearing it on your wrist. Maybe call it a frankenwatch.

Regards

July 21st, 2005, 3:15 am #5

how abt naming it Rolko?

July 21st, 2005, 4:24 am #6

Maybe that is the better name. Just don't call it a Rolex!

Best regarda!

July 21st, 2005, 5:44 am #7

how abt naming it Rolko?
Or just plan, WTF are you thinking???? Would you put a chevy engine in a Rolls, or a trailer on the cliff in Malibu???? That is so messed up.....but to each his own, and really I don't care, it is your watch, and if you want to make it a quartz, it is your call...
Last edited by mycallb on July 21st, 2005, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 21st, 2005, 10:54 am #8

S
why not be patient and save up for a Rolex Sub movement. Make it a project and reap the reward later on.

all the best.

July 21st, 2005, 4:52 pm #9

S
Go for it. Atleast the case(hopefully is original) and it will look good. So what if movement is not original.Eventually you can get one.It is better tha nbuying a replica.

July 22nd, 2005, 4:12 am #10

Or just plan, WTF are you thinking???? Would you put a chevy engine in a Rolls, or a trailer on the cliff in Malibu???? That is so messed up.....but to each his own, and really I don't care, it is your watch, and if you want to make it a quartz, it is your call...
putting it in another style case, but buying an original case (can't be too cheap) and then putting a cheapo movement in it?? Hell, just get a good fake with an ETA movement instead...

Cheers
Chaz