how is PVD for an everyday watch?

how is PVD for an everyday watch?

January 29th, 2007, 11:29 pm #1

How is a PVD coating going to hold up to everyday wear assuming I don't bang it into everything. I'm guessing the coating starts to wear thin at some point, I just didn't know how long it would take. Anybody have any input?

Thanks,
Aaron

January 29th, 2007, 11:43 pm #2

but unless you really hit something or have a major accident with it PVD wears very well in my opinion.

January 29th, 2007, 11:46 pm #3

v

January 30th, 2007, 1:26 am #4

How is a PVD coating going to hold up to everyday wear assuming I don't bang it into everything. I'm guessing the coating starts to wear thin at some point, I just didn't know how long it would take. Anybody have any input?

Thanks,
Aaron
It's inevitable you are gonna scuff it like any other watch however with PVD its not going to be able to be refurbished.

Wouldnt wear my 195 as a daily beater..no way
Rich

January 30th, 2007, 1:42 am #5

if you are anal like most of us Watch Nuts are...then I would not wear a PVD as a daily either. But they do look great. Ciao, Michael

January 30th, 2007, 2:45 am #6

It's inevitable you are gonna scuff it like any other watch however with PVD its not going to be able to be refurbished.

Rich

Man, that looks like a stealth watch. Very nice.

January 30th, 2007, 3:04 am #7

Rich

Hi Rich:
I posted here a few weeks ago with a crucial question that I never got definitively answered: when connecting one of the many available OEM velcro diving straps, does the short end get attached at the 6 or 12 position? I had a few different Paneristi weigh in with different answers. One showed me a shot from an actor in a movie wearing it opposite of your 195 shot and another indicated that they did it your way. Still another said it didn't really matter and was up to the comfort or discretion of the individual wearer. I'm still looking for the official position. I have a 24E and don't remember anything in the manual about it. Can you offer me any insights here? Many thanks!

January 30th, 2007, 4:21 am #8

Thanks,
Aaron
This one is my beater--so far I can't tell any wear on the PVD bezel, and it's banged into plenty of stuff.

Cheers,
Daniel

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

January 30th, 2007, 5:05 am #9

if you are anal like most of us Watch Nuts are...then I would not wear a PVD as a daily either. But they do look great. Ciao, Michael
RH

January 30th, 2007, 5:08 am #10

Hi Rich:
I posted here a few weeks ago with a crucial question that I never got definitively answered: when connecting one of the many available OEM velcro diving straps, does the short end get attached at the 6 or 12 position? I had a few different Paneristi weigh in with different answers. One showed me a shot from an actor in a movie wearing it opposite of your 195 shot and another indicated that they did it your way. Still another said it didn't really matter and was up to the comfort or discretion of the individual wearer. I'm still looking for the official position. I have a 24E and don't remember anything in the manual about it. Can you offer me any insights here? Many thanks!
nt