Homemade watch Pics

Homemade watch Pics

January 18th, 2006, 7:49 pm #1

Hi all,
As this is the BWF i thought you chaps might be interested in my BIG homemade watch. this is the first time i have posted pics so i hope it works. I machined the case, crown guard and winder from ss. the face was done by a mate with an all singing and dancing engraver, as was the back. I designed the face with a RXW Zeromaster in mind as i dig the style and stuck an E on for my surname. As i am as tight as a ducks ar-e and didnt want to fork out for a custom glass I bought a lens cover for a SLR Camera and hey presto instant watch glass.
Movement is an ebay bargain, a Buren Grand Prix movement in superb condition for 8 pounds, i guess that must be about 12-13 usd. sweet. Though certainly not perfect Ive ended up with what i think is a pretty good and unique first attempt and am well chuffed with the result. If any one would like to leave feedback good or bad it will be most welcome. I plan to make more of different designs, all of course on the BIG side. I know you lot like the dimensions so it has a 43mm face. 58mm total across and 14mm deep.
thanks for looking, take it easy.

January 18th, 2006, 7:53 pm #2

I love it. Nice work!

Chris

January 18th, 2006, 8:04 pm #3

Hi all,
As this is the BWF i thought you chaps might be interested in my BIG homemade watch. this is the first time i have posted pics so i hope it works. I machined the case, crown guard and winder from ss. the face was done by a mate with an all singing and dancing engraver, as was the back. I designed the face with a RXW Zeromaster in mind as i dig the style and stuck an E on for my surname. As i am as tight as a ducks ar-e and didnt want to fork out for a custom glass I bought a lens cover for a SLR Camera and hey presto instant watch glass.
Movement is an ebay bargain, a Buren Grand Prix movement in superb condition for 8 pounds, i guess that must be about 12-13 usd. sweet. Though certainly not perfect Ive ended up with what i think is a pretty good and unique first attempt and am well chuffed with the result. If any one would like to leave feedback good or bad it will be most welcome. I plan to make more of different designs, all of course on the BIG side. I know you lot like the dimensions so it has a 43mm face. 58mm total across and 14mm deep.

nn

January 18th, 2006, 9:20 pm #4

Hi all,

Cool As $h!T! I wish I had the skills to do something like that. Awesome job!!

January 19th, 2006, 3:30 am #5

Hi all,

Thumbs up for your creativity and
exciting design!

Giampiero Bodino should take this
as example...

January 19th, 2006, 4:08 am #6

Hi all,

January 23rd, 2006, 9:12 pm #7

Hi all,

e-mailed you directly..
Fine, fine, fine!!!!!
Cheers
Rich Andrews