Check out my new ultra Funky and Freaky Seiko sports 100 Chronograph

July 16th, 2007, 8:43 pm #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seiko 7A28-6000 sports 100 Chronograph.

As soon as I had a chance to view it I said I had to have it, movt is the same that is in the always popular 7A28 line and on this forum the Seiko 1st generation issued RAF pilot watch( wish I still had mine) let the quest begin.

This watch is just 42mm in size including the pushers, about as small as I can go. I wish it as 47mm but we cant all get what we want

I have always liked the sports 100 line, Ever since my father back in the early 80s picked one up for me as a kid,this started my watch collection at age 12.

This model was designed by Giorgio Giugiaro( same person that designed many high end Italian exotic car models and other cars from the 70s to today)In the early 80s he worked with Seiko on a few watch designs for the European market including this one. Its one of those things either you love it or hate it, I think it makes a great tool watch with some color bang!! there are also a number of other seiko sports 100 watches that I would love to have all that were designed by this person, I think they are thought of as rare as can be. I would be happy with just three.

Thanks to the poster of this image from the Seiko and Citizen forum for the image, My watch has not been sent. Cant wait!!! I heard that it is also in Great cond. just like this watch shown.

Kind regards

Andy

Last edited by Suhal on July 16th, 2007, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 16th, 2007, 9:05 pm #2

...just dicussed this particular model with one of Seiko's Japanese reps, while in Cascais for the Velatura intro last week. This was one of my favorite watches, when I was a kid. GREAT looking and innovative watch. Let me know if you ever wanna sell it, Andy!

July 16th, 2007, 9:28 pm #3

It makes an impression on the eyes, Love the bright color of the pushers, its almost a cross between a Lipp chrono and ploprof dive.

This guy designed some cool stuff

How rare are these things?

kind regards
Andy

July 16th, 2007, 11:40 pm #4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I had a chance to view it I said I had to have it, movt is the same that is in the always popular 7A28 line and on this forum the Seiko 1st generation issued RAF pilot watch( wish I still had mine) let the quest begin.

This watch is just 42mm in size including the pushers, about as small as I can go. I wish it as 47mm but we cant all get what we want

I have always liked the sports 100 line, Ever since my father back in the early 80s picked one up for me as a kid,this started my watch collection at age 12.

This model was designed by Giorgio Giugiaro( same person that designed many high end Italian exotic car models and other cars from the 70s to today)In the early 80s he worked with Seiko on a few watch designs for the European market including this one. Its one of those things either you love it or hate it, I think it makes a great tool watch with some color bang!! there are also a number of other seiko sports 100 watches that I would love to have all that were designed by this person, I think they are thought of as rare as can be. I would be happy with just three.

Thanks to the poster of this image from the Seiko and Citizen forum for the image, My watch has not been sent. Cant wait!!! I heard that it is also in Great cond. just like this watch shown.

Kind regards

Andy

v

July 17th, 2007, 3:49 am #5

Kind regards

Andy

Best
Jose

July 17th, 2007, 6:54 am #6

I have always been a big Seiko fan. Truely an innovative watch company.

July 17th, 2007, 8:44 am #7

I wonder how many he helped with the design.

at a dozen if not more, some digital to analog. all very nice and funky. I'll try and post more later

Image thanks to a true fan of the brand and design

kind regards

Andy

July 17th, 2007, 9:08 am #8

See what you did, Andy. Have me search the entire Internet to get a hold of one of these rare machines!

July 17th, 2007, 12:52 pm #9

Kind regards

Andy

nt

Montreal, Canada

July 17th, 2007, 2:22 pm #10

with a few more added, Race car inspired,

I like the older versions much more from the early 80's vs the mid 80's products,(

The Black and Green funky watch is called the steering wheel by fans of the watch,

If any one is looking for the steering wheel version in green send me an email

http://my.reset.jp/~inu/ProductsDataBas ... ection.htm

thanks for looking!

Andy