B&M1000m Just what strap does this watch need?

B&M1000m Just what strap does this watch need?

July 23rd, 2007, 1:28 pm #1

I'm after a new strap but just dont think this watch is right for yet another 'vintage tan' strap? The lug size is 22mm.

I'm thinking a thick matt black hide? Or Carbon fibre? or maybe a grey nubuck shark. It needs to be around 4mm thick. It's harder than you think once you start considering what type of buckle - Bugger! Any thoughts gents?

Cheers

July 23rd, 2007, 1:50 pm #2

He is the man for the job at hand ,

Cheers,
Vic

He owns a Capeland XXL ( my old one ) ,so making a Custom strap to fit will be no problem .

Missed the watch so much,that I have another arriving tomorrow.

July 23rd, 2007, 2:38 pm #3

I'm after a new strap but just dont think this watch is right for yet another 'vintage tan' strap? The lug size is 22mm.

I'm thinking a thick matt black hide? Or Carbon fibre? or maybe a grey nubuck shark. It needs to be around 4mm thick. It's harder than you think once you start considering what type of buckle - Bugger! Any thoughts gents?

Cheers

This works fine for me, the only dowside is that there is a bit of gap between the end of the straight strap to the curv of the case.
You can get a yellow threaded Carbon fiber in 22mm for more than fair prices,by a number of low end to high grade makes- if you want it to fit like a glove( like your OEM ruber and OEM kevlar(sail cloth strap) It will have to be 100% custom

If you get in touch with Shane I would be happy to get a custom Carbonfiber with yellow stitch for my XXL , he has the watch and could work the size and case curv( from his own watch)
( that is if its too much cash), I'm sure others would like one also, do I smell group order?

The OEM sail strap cost me a pretty penny just to sit in the box yet worth it to make complete ( I think I paid over 200 for the strap, because my watch set was missing it)

Yellow threaded Carbon fiber for all the way

Something to think about

Kind regards
Andy

July 23rd, 2007, 3:09 pm #4

He is the man for the job at hand ,

Cheers,
Vic

He owns a Capeland XXL ( my old one ) ,so making a Custom strap to fit will be no problem .

Missed the watch so much,that I have another arriving tomorrow.
Congrats on the new one - again

Cheers

July 23rd, 2007, 3:23 pm #5

This works fine for me, the only dowside is that there is a bit of gap between the end of the straight strap to the curv of the case.
You can get a yellow threaded Carbon fiber in 22mm for more than fair prices,by a number of low end to high grade makes- if you want it to fit like a glove( like your OEM ruber and OEM kevlar(sail cloth strap) It will have to be 100% custom

If you get in touch with Shane I would be happy to get a custom Carbonfiber with yellow stitch for my XXL , he has the watch and could work the size and case curv( from his own watch)
( that is if its too much cash), I'm sure others would like one also, do I smell group order?

The OEM sail strap cost me a pretty penny just to sit in the box yet worth it to make complete ( I think I paid over 200 for the strap, because my watch set was missing it)

Yellow threaded Carbon fiber for all the way

Something to think about

Kind regards
Andy
to see what he can do but no response - I just hope his boat didn't sink under the weight of all those dive watches

Cheers

July 23rd, 2007, 6:20 pm #6

He is incredibly busy ,

Preparing for a Round the World Solo Voyage in `08 amongst other things .

Cheers,
Vic

July 23rd, 2007, 8:25 pm #7

Cheers

.................with curved ends fit the B+M ? Have a look here

http://www.watchband.biz/pd978951230.ht ... egoryId=10

Tap "curved end" into their search engine to display a bunch of other models.

July 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm #8

Cheers

What about a Hirsh "Joker" in yellow and black?

July 24th, 2007, 4:54 am #9

nt

July 24th, 2007, 7:26 am #10

.................with curved ends fit the B+M ? Have a look here

http://www.watchband.biz/pd978951230.ht ... egoryId=10

Tap "curved end" into their search engine to display a bunch of other models.

Cheers