Your "Drawer Queens" ?

Your "Drawer Queens" ?

November 15th, 2010, 6:48 pm #1

This has likley been discussed before but lets do it again for my sake........
I have a few of what you would call Drawer Queens and dont quite know what I should do with them!
Some are what I would call of "Historical value (for lack of better words) and no-matter how hard I try.. I cant convince myself to part with them even tho I never wear them!
I currently have five that I simply cannot decide on what to do with.
A. Bulova Accutron Spaceview
B. Zodiac Seawolf Auto
C. My Yellow Dial Pogue
D. A NOS WW2 Waltham
E. Practically New Zodiac GMT 200m Professional
ALL of the above are all original and in EXCELLENT + condition.
Take into mind that most of these watches took me a VERY long time to find and in the condition that they are.
I know that if I sell them or any one of them I'll regret it later but on the other hand I dont wear them with the once in awhile exception of the Zodiac GMT which I do wear at times but dont often because it looks too small for my tastes.
What would you guys do if you were in my position?

November 15th, 2010, 7:50 pm #2

Boomtown

November 15th, 2010, 8:23 pm #3

------------------------------------------

November 15th, 2010, 8:52 pm #4

I have a few of what you would call Drawer Queens and dont quite know what I should do with them!
Some are what I would call of "Historical value (for lack of better words) and no-matter how hard I try.. I cant convince myself to part with them even tho I never wear them!
B. Zodiac Seawolf Auto
C. My Yellow Dial Pogue
D. A NOS WW2 Waltham
Take into mind that most of these watches took me a VERY long time to find and in the condition that they are.
I know that if I sell them or any one of them I'll regret it later but on the other hand I dont wear them with the once in awhile exception of the Zodiac GMT which I do wear at times but dont often because it looks too small for my tastes.
nt

November 15th, 2010, 8:55 pm #5

Boomtown

November 16th, 2010, 3:11 pm #6

B. Zodiac Seawolf Auto
C. My Yellow Dial Pogue
D. A NOS WW2 Waltham
You will regret it.
Some great pieces there without doubt.The Yellow Pogue is one ive often thought i would like in my collection yet most are Redials from the bay so ive gave them a miss.Keep them Rene and hand the things down.

Theneilo uk

November 16th, 2010, 6:31 pm #7

You know what..........I have deliberated and deliberated for a LONG time thinking about this and have read the replies both here and on the SCWF and have at least for the time being decided NOT to sell them! Lot of guys said that if they dont ever get worn then why bother to keep them! Your reply is /was the deciding factor...... I would regret it if I did! Sure perhaps I could use the money for them that I would get and quite a few would be happy to be able to buy them especially because they are "Iconic" watches and are all in awesome condition but if I ever decided to sell and then try to find them again I never would!
Take for example my Zodiac GMT 200m Pro........ I have been on E-bay for perhaps 7 years now and some of the watch Forums for 5 years and more and in that period of time I have only seen perhaps 5 of this model for sale. (in fact I have NEVER seen THIS model ever for sale as it's the mid-sized model and not the full sized model) Now people often times use the word "RARE" when indeed it's not really RARE but to me..... this watch is RARE! This particular watch for those that dont know about it (and Jimmy can chime in because he knows about this watch) was perhaps the best made Quartz watch of its time and back in the early 90s had an amazing retail tag of over $1100.00
Something like this I dont think I could ever part with.
Maybe I'm just tying to make excuses for myself so that I dont sell and putting my thoughts into words to write here is difficult but I think some of you guys might understand!
It's tough to give up a watch that one had searched for so long for simply to sell it and move on!
Collections to me are supposed to be "keepers", look at and admire and to enjoy even if not worn or used!
Tottaly perhaps off the subject but I have a rather nice collection of early (40s-60s) Zippos some of which you will never see and some you maybe will and even tho I NEVER EVER use most of them..... they are collections and I'll never part with them...... same goes for some watches!

November 16th, 2010, 8:32 pm #8

Boomtown

November 16th, 2010, 9:33 pm #9

You know what..........I have deliberated and deliberated for a LONG time thinking about this and have read the replies both here and on the SCWF and have at least for the time being decided NOT to sell them! Lot of guys said that if they dont ever get worn then why bother to keep them! Your reply is /was the deciding factor...... I would regret it if I did! Sure perhaps I could use the money for them that I would get and quite a few would be happy to be able to buy them especially because they are "Iconic" watches and are all in awesome condition but if I ever decided to sell and then try to find them again I never would!
Take for example my Zodiac GMT 200m Pro........ I have been on E-bay for perhaps 7 years now and some of the watch Forums for 5 years and more and in that period of time I have only seen perhaps 5 of this model for sale. (in fact I have NEVER seen THIS model ever for sale as it's the mid-sized model and not the full sized model) Now people often times use the word "RARE" when indeed it's not really RARE but to me..... this watch is RARE! This particular watch for those that dont know about it (and Jimmy can chime in because he knows about this watch) was perhaps the best made Quartz watch of its time and back in the early 90s had an amazing retail tag of over $1100.00
Maybe I'm just tying to make excuses for myself so that I dont sell and putting my thoughts into words to write here is difficult but I think some of you guys might understand!
It's tough to give up a watch that one had searched for so long for simply to sell it and move on!
Collections to me are supposed to be "keepers", look at and admire and to enjoy even if not worn or used!
Tottaly perhaps off the subject but I have a rather nice collection of early (40s-60s) Zippos some of which you will never see and some you maybe will and even tho I NEVER EVER use most of them..... they are collections and I'll never part with them...... same goes for some watches!
but back to the problem at hand...to keep or sell some of the collection....

some models I had were just too hard to read on the wrist, as I got older and the eyes weakened ....so out they eventually went....
I have only one Omega midsized champagne rare quartz twin oscillator version 1987 which is a drawer queen...but will likely not sell it for its HEQ Omega rarity...
The others are G Shocks, too cheap to flip and still visually and emotionally have meaning for me.

November 16th, 2010, 10:27 pm #10

Glad you came to the conclusion i was hoping for.
Yes its hard but im the same with flipping watches,i just cant do it as i know how hard i looked and the time spent to get the one i wanted then yeah it may stay in the watchbox but thats the idea.Cherish every one.Well done mate.

Theneilo uk