Wednesday watch. I've done it again! ...

Wednesday watch. I've done it again! ...

May 11th, 2011, 5:09 am #1

I've found yet another watch in my collection with a Japanese connection.

Presenting the Allwyn Y381-8090:

In the 1970s, a new watch factory was established in Hydrabad. The project initially had some government assistance. Seiko 63 series movements were imported from Japan, and cased-up in India. Both hand-winding and automatic movements were used. Mine has an A6319 (the 'A' prefix is for Allwyn). These movements sometimes show up in 'Feiko' dive watches unfortunately.

The style is very much like a Seiko.

I particularly like the way the dial changes colour when you hold it at a particular angle.

The Allwyn factory closed in 1999.

May 11th, 2011, 5:26 am #2

[/IMG]

May 11th, 2011, 6:46 am #3

In the 1970s, a new watch factory was established in Hydrabad. The project initially had some government assistance. Seiko 63 series movements were imported from Japan, and cased-up in India. Both hand-winding and automatic movements were used. Mine has an A6319 (the 'A' prefix is for Allwyn). These movements sometimes show up in 'Feiko' dive watches unfortunately.

I particularly like the way the dial changes colour when you hold it at a particular angle.

"

May 11th, 2011, 4:59 pm #4

This is a franken -- a "put together" from an Ebay seller based on the case and movement of a Pobeda K-26 Russian watch. It's not anything Pobeda ever sold--but it is a cool watch with a great dial. A well-known California watch collector by the online nickname of Pacifichrono was the original person who coupled the franken with a mesh bracelet. I loved it hunted the combo up for my own self.

AMCH/PR - Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

May 11th, 2011, 9:42 pm #5

as I'm REALLY liking the looks of it now with the Shark strap but I took it off a few minutes ago and put this one on..........

May 11th, 2011, 9:48 pm #6

"

May 11th, 2011, 9:58 pm #7

I know its my imagination but the GMTs (both mine and yours) look SO much better then the S/S strap and it gives the illusion of making the watch look bigger then it actually is! At least to me it looks bigger!

May 11th, 2011, 10:07 pm #8

[/IMG]
Did you use a SNZH53? I have one of kfallsrider's FFF dials coming and I bought a 53 because I couldn't find a 55. Not sure how the blue bezel will work with the black dial.

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan

May 11th, 2011, 10:17 pm #9

but not often seen here. Citizen cal.2100 titanium for me.

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan

May 11th, 2011, 10:22 pm #10

Did you use a SNZH53? I have one of kfallsrider's FFF dials coming and I bought a 53 because I couldn't find a 55. Not sure how the blue bezel will work with the black dial.

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan
on a SNZH57 with gold accents.
The dial was a project mod dial from the Polish forum GMTforum.
I was lucky to score one on the first run.

Lots of guys are using the blue one with the newer mod dial which is the 55 dial buy silver accents and triangular contemporary indices. Nicer indices IMO.