This is officially an Asian Watch Weekend!

This is officially an Asian Watch Weekend!

August 4th, 2012, 2:14 am #1

Since I got the Dragon King; I have been reminded that there are other equally good Chinese made watches.

The most notable in my collection are the Alpha Sub...

and it's kissing cousin, the Black Cat...

These two are a long way short on the sophistication of the Dragon King in terms of movement but, they are definitely close in terms of fit and finish!
That means that the Alpha and the Cat are exceedingly good bargains compared to the DK which is still a drop in the bucket, costwise, compared to a Seiko or Swiss of the same quality and time keeping!

Oops! The DK has become a closet king...I love it too much to risk daily wear so it is going to be my special occasion watch...except Fathers Day when I always wear my dad's Eterna-Matic...yeh; been thinking about him since his b'day is/used to be Aug 7th.

His watch...

I'm not sure but I have a feeling that he would have enjoyed Chinese watches; new and VCM

OMG! ... I just noticed what date is being displayed! This is not a photoshop or other tweek...I took this picture many years ago.

Good thing I'm not superstitious or I would tun out and get a lotto ticket for the 7th...wait; I think this may a good omen; I'm going to do it!

------------------------------------------

Last edited by Ancre-Steam on August 4th, 2012, 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 4th, 2012, 3:29 am #2

First, my Alpha Mil-Sub mounted on a true James Bond nylon strap:

And I love this Alpha "Green Machine":

Of course, this favorite...my Alpha Explorer II:

And it's older brother, the Alpha Explorer I:

Finally, my Alpha "Speedy":

Thanks for viewing

August 4th, 2012, 4:02 am #3

Since I got the Dragon King; I have been reminded that there are other equally good Chinese made watches.

These two are a long way short on the sophistication of the Dragon King in terms of movement but, they are definitely close in terms of fit and finish!
That means that the Alpha and the Cat are exceedingly good bargains compared to the DK which is still a drop in the bucket, costwise, compared to a Seiko or Swiss of the same quality and time keeping!

Oops! The DK has become a closet king...I love it too much to risk daily wear so it is going to be my special occasion watch...except Fathers Day when I always wear my dad's Eterna-Matic...yeh; been thinking about him since his b'day is/used to be Aug 7th.

His watch...

I'm not sure but I have a feeling that he would have enjoyed Chinese watches; new and VCM

OMG! ... I just noticed what date is being displayed! This is not a photoshop or other tweek...I took this picture many years ago.

Good thing I'm not superstitious or I would tun out and get a lotto ticket for the 7th...wait; I think this may a good omen; I'm going to do it!

Cheers

http://anzacsorientwatchspot.blogspot.com/

Tony Lewis
New Zealand

August 4th, 2012, 4:41 am #4

First, my Alpha Mil-Sub mounted on a true James Bond nylon strap:

And I love this Alpha "Green Machine":

Of course, this favorite...my Alpha Explorer II:

And it's older brother, the Alpha Explorer I:

Finally, my Alpha "Speedy":

Thanks for viewing

The milsub looks perfect on that strap...Mr Bond would be envious

I'm a little sad that I missed picking up one of the mils subs at bargain basement prices when AlphaUSA went under

August 4th, 2012, 4:43 am #5

Cheers

http://anzacsorientwatchspot.blogspot.com/

Tony Lewis
New Zealand
That's a beauty worthy of a Royal wrist

the finish looks exquisite!

August 4th, 2012, 9:25 am #6

His watch...

...on a Russian strap...

...but the clasp is Korean

August 4th, 2012, 11:31 am #7

His watch...

this SKX007 mod. Bezel insert from Jake Bourdeau, bracelet from Tungchoy, dial, hands, beadblasting and assembly by Jay Grabowski at MCWW. Inspiration by aladin_sane.

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan

August 4th, 2012, 12:58 pm #8

The milsub looks perfect on that strap...Mr Bond would be envious

I'm a little sad that I missed picking up one of the mils subs at bargain basement prices when AlphaUSA went under

at a "Bargain Basement" price when Alpha USA went out of business. They had excellent quality control of the watches they sold, and the Mil-Sub keeps excellent time against the Atomic clock.

Thanks for viewing.

August 4th, 2012, 11:58 pm #9

His watch...

Started the day with the Alpha Mil-Sub

Just switched to the Alpha Explorer II for tonight. Will also wear tomorrow for Church:

Enjoy your weekend!

August 5th, 2012, 2:58 am #10

His watch...

Hi. Back to Asian today. This old favourite.

Have recently purchased a Revue Thommen Sub with Red Bezel so have been going Swiss lately. Cheers Phil