The victorinox...

The victorinox...

January 29th, 2011, 12:28 am #1

This is a bealutiful watch. Just a shade smaller than the OS300M but hefty and quite thick.
It has a dressier look to it...maybe it's the silver bezel.
If you look at the pics you might see that it has a cyclops but it is on the dial over the date window, and not on the outside of the crystal...very nicely done.
Easy to read the time at a glance with quartz accuracy.
Lume is good but not as good as Seiko or the OS.
The case is brushed all over as is most of the bezel but it has some areas which
are polished.
Shiney watch though probably cause no black anywhere other than the dial.
The packaging is very nice with manuals that look like bound hardcovers.
vey classy job on the packaging and presentation.
Also have to remark on Ashford which is where I bought it.
As I was picking out the watch to buy, a pop-up window "pops" up and a live customer rep asks me if I need any help. I thought what the hell and asked for a discount. They asked me to wait a moment and offered me an additional $25.00 off the watch which was already on sale for $295. which is the lowest I've seen it sell new.
They sent it UPS and I got it 3 days later. I got dinged $34.00 for duty and charges by UPS but considering I got it so fast and at such a low price, I could care less.

Ok, now I'm gonna go ahead and flip it:).....kidding.

I've got the enfant screaming to be played with so all I've got are these poorly lit pics
but here you go.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w317 ... 0010-2.jpg

January 29th, 2011, 1:05 am #2

which is not a big thing but it always bugs me on bracelets when the inside of the clasp (the folding part)extends past the actual clasp. I've noticed on Marks Omega and his UN that the clasp folds right into itself and looks like a perfect one piece unit. This one doesn't do that however it is almost the same size as the outer portion so not much "overhang.
The bracelet is also nice and thick.
Overall very good build quality for the price.

January 29th, 2011, 1:42 am #3

I have been looking at the Wenger and Victorinox offerings; looking for a nice weekend grab and go piece.
Your posts are making it more difficult for me to concentrate on the right watch

Hopefully, I'll find the one I want before I'm unemployed again LOL!

------------------------------------------

January 29th, 2011, 2:06 am #4

which is not a big thing but it always bugs me on bracelets when the inside of the clasp (the folding part)extends past the actual clasp. I've noticed on Marks Omega and his UN that the clasp folds right into itself and looks like a perfect one piece unit. This one doesn't do that however it is almost the same size as the outer portion so not much "overhang.

seiko divers, for some reason hahaha! no nonsense dial design....

January 29th, 2011, 2:07 am #5

Boomtown

January 29th, 2011, 2:16 am #6

seiko divers, for some reason hahaha! no nonsense dial design....
in particular, the mil aspects

------------------------------------------

January 29th, 2011, 2:22 am #7

I have wanted to do a comparison with the P.O., UN, and your OS 300. Now we can add your new beauty into the mix.

January 29th, 2011, 4:14 am #8

This is a bealutiful watch. Just a shade smaller than the OS300M but hefty and quite thick.
It has a dressier look to it...maybe it's the silver bezel.
If you look at the pics you might see that it has a cyclops but it is on the dial over the date window, and not on the outside of the crystal...very nicely done.
Easy to read the time at a glance with quartz accuracy.
Lume is good but not as good as Seiko or the OS.
The case is brushed all over as is most of the bezel but it has some areas which
are polished.
Shiney watch though probably cause no black anywhere other than the dial.
The packaging is very nice with manuals that look like bound hardcovers.
vey classy job on the packaging and presentation.
Also have to remark on Ashford which is where I bought it.
As I was picking out the watch to buy, a pop-up window "pops" up and a live customer rep asks me if I need any help. I thought what the hell and asked for a discount. They asked me to wait a moment and offered me an additional $25.00 off the watch which was already on sale for $295. which is the lowest I've seen it sell new.
They sent it UPS and I got it 3 days later. I got dinged $34.00 for duty and charges by UPS but considering I got it so fast and at such a low price, I could care less.

Ok, now I'm gonna go ahead and flip it:).....kidding.

I've got the enfant screaming to be played with so all I've got are these poorly lit pics
but here you go.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w317 ... 0010-2.jpg

I hear nothing but good things about these.

Looks great in the pics. Solid and nice detail to finish.

Those macro shots of follicle growth all magnified was err...freaky, yet cool. hehe.

Nice addition for work.

Yup, hate UPS, but good deal still.

January 29th, 2011, 3:44 pm #9

I went on a Swiss binge and I got myself the same watch. I love it. I agree with you the lume is a little weaker than a Seiko but is very good. The overall quality and finish are superb.Nice and chunky, yet a touch of finesse to it. A great watch IMHO and its in my keeper's book.

[/IMG]

Never a waste of time to look at a watch
Last edited by Jeje3325 on January 29th, 2011, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 29th, 2011, 3:45 pm #10

I hear nothing but good things about these.

Looks great in the pics. Solid and nice detail to finish.

Those macro shots of follicle growth all magnified was err...freaky, yet cool. hehe.

Nice addition for work.

Yup, hate UPS, but good deal still.
yeah... went for it...

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*