The Japanese have accepted fully using Ketchup on certain foods

The Japanese have accepted fully using Ketchup on certain foods

November 30th, 2010, 7:59 pm #1

as a condiment! and mayonnaise too!...Mind you, the Japanese version is de-tuned on taste and used more so for its color! They have a dish which is like a rice omelette and ketchup is added to the top like as thin string pattern....hehehe!  Japanese also make a sorta fried rice with ketchup mixed in...

Sorry, but I am a ketchup-holic! hehehe!

December 1st, 2010, 2:04 am #2

as Japanese mayonnaise is so much tastier than the traditional variety.

Here's some shocking news for you: in this part of the world, the Japanese migrants sometimes use tinned tuna in their sushi!

December 1st, 2010, 2:27 am #3

as a condiment! and mayonnaise too!...Mind you, the Japanese version is de-tuned on taste and used more so for its color! They have a dish which is like a rice omelette and ketchup is added to the top like as thin string pattern....hehehe!  Japanese also make a sorta fried rice with ketchup mixed in...

Sorry, but I am a ketchup-holic! hehehe!
have their specialty sushi's with mayonnaise. Not exactly sold on these custom flavours.
I'm a traditionalist with my sushi.

Although I like ketchup with sardines, haven't seen ketchup in my sushi places yet.

December 1st, 2010, 3:03 am #4

as Japanese mayonnaise is so much tastier than the traditional variety.

Here's some shocking news for you: in this part of the world, the Japanese migrants sometimes use tinned tuna in their sushi!
with ketchup! very common to see...ketchup and mayonnaise always sells well here!
As for canned fish, the Japanese have no need of it ..but the wife LOVES canned Salmon as from Canada! it has a different stronger flavour as in smoked salmon. We cannot find canned salmon here.

December 1st, 2010, 3:04 am #5

have their specialty sushi's with mayonnaise. Not exactly sold on these custom flavours.
I'm a traditionalist with my sushi.

Although I like ketchup with sardines, haven't seen ketchup in my sushi places yet.
you were a kid! hahaha!

December 1st, 2010, 4:22 pm #6

in tomato sauce are on the store shelves around here, but I prefer them with mustard or hot sauce. Nummy!

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan

December 1st, 2010, 8:00 pm #7

nt