Some trucking pics... Some places I have been...

Some trucking pics... Some places I have been...

February 20th, 2012, 4:02 am #1

I was in this older Peterbilt for awhile. Believe it or not this is parked in Brooklyn overnight. Weird place to park in, drive in, and deliver to... This warehouse is from the turn of last century. Once the truck was parked people continued to drive on the street... by... driving on the sidewalk! Only in New York... Lots of these tire/rim places around. At this point I am in a 2012 Volvo and the P.O. is heading where the Marinemaster had previously been... Washington state passing through Seattle... Yes.. trucking is still going well. Some of the helpful tech to have on the road. Two GPS (the larger one is a Rand McNally 710 7" screen which is a trucker specific GPS), and Sirius satellite radio. Then there is the satellite/computer built into the truck plus my smart phone etc. Of course I have multiple maps, map books and road atlas to help with trip planning... This is not the most exciting view of San Francisco.. The airport! However, I have driven over the golden gate bridge several times now... Some more places... Mt. Shasta near Weed, California... This seems to be the only watch I ever wear anymore. I wear it without fear. I do not worry about scratching the bezel at all because a replacement is an easy order away. Love this watch so much. Some road pics from Utah... Now heading into Colorado... This is the same phone that les recently acquired... Now I want a tablet for the road! That's all for now... I have lots of Canada pics as I seem to go to British Columbia on every run which is giving me a lot of exposure to the Canadian prairies. Man though is Winnipeg and Regina ever cold in winter...

February 20th, 2012, 4:37 am #2

I really like the Utah/Colorado shots.

I had a couple of 'opportunities' to be down around that area at the SF Airport. Had the same at LAX; which is huge compared to SF!

------------------------------------------

February 20th, 2012, 8:56 am #3

I was in this older Peterbilt for awhile. Believe it or not this is parked in Brooklyn overnight. Weird place to park in, drive in, and deliver to... This warehouse is from the turn of last century. Once the truck was parked people continued to drive on the street... by... driving on the sidewalk! Only in New York... Lots of these tire/rim places around. At this point I am in a 2012 Volvo and the P.O. is heading where the Marinemaster had previously been... Washington state passing through Seattle... Yes.. trucking is still going well. Some of the helpful tech to have on the road. Two GPS (the larger one is a Rand McNally 710 7" screen which is a trucker specific GPS), and Sirius satellite radio. Then there is the satellite/computer built into the truck plus my smart phone etc. Of course I have multiple maps, map books and road atlas to help with trip planning... This is not the most exciting view of San Francisco.. The airport! However, I have driven over the golden gate bridge several times now... Some more places... Mt. Shasta near Weed, California... This seems to be the only watch I ever wear anymore. I wear it without fear. I do not worry about scratching the bezel at all because a replacement is an easy order away. Love this watch so much. Some road pics from Utah... Now heading into Colorado... This is the same phone that les recently acquired... Now I want a tablet for the road! That's all for now... I have lots of Canada pics as I seem to go to British Columbia on every run which is giving me a lot of exposure to the Canadian prairies. Man though is Winnipeg and Regina ever cold in winter...
sometimes boredom gets to you. I remember riding my Suzie 1000cc across the Transcanada Highway, approaching Winnipeg etc.... quite the novel experience for me back in the 90s!!

February 20th, 2012, 5:47 pm #4

Nothing worse than Northern Ontario at 3 in the morning with snow and freezing rain on highway 11 heading towards Hearst and there is no lights, no civilization, nowhere to stop and the wipers are clogged with congealed snow. Your headlights are ineffective because the slush has them covered as well. You are waiting for the next snowplow turnaround so you can stop and clean the headlights, windows, mirrors, and take 5 minutes to refresh yourself. The road in this condition is really only good til about 70 km/hr but you are driving slightly faster than that with a truck behind you who is yelling at you on the CB because you are not driving 100 km/hr on a road with a speed limit of 90 km/hr. These are not fun nights. Same up on the B.C. mountains. I generally love driving the prairies though and the people out there are amazing and fun to chat with. There town on Longlac, Ontario is a weird place to stop. It is kind of the last place to grab a coffee or anything; after that it is about 4 hours until you see anything or anyone again. As soon as you stop though you are getting knocks on your cab door with people looking for money. Brutal...