Slept good last night...

Slept good last night...

July 16th, 2011, 7:56 pm #1

It was raining and the soothing sounds of the rain falling on the leaves of the tree outside my bedroom window were very soporific

Add to that the fresh clean smell in the air and the lack of stress from trolls; it has restored my interest in watches.

I finally added a real Seiko dive watch to my collection...

It's a Ramon special but it was priced right and has lots of potential.
The dial will be changed to an AM 7040 style and I will also get an AM bezel insert. Other than maybe a new crystal; if it needs it; and a good service to the movement; I think it will be just what I wanted

------------------------------------------

July 16th, 2011, 8:13 pm #2

nt

July 16th, 2011, 8:21 pm #3

July 16th, 2011, 8:46 pm #4

nt

July 16th, 2011, 9:57 pm #5

It was raining and the soothing sounds of the rain falling on the leaves of the tree outside my bedroom window were very soporific

Add to that the fresh clean smell in the air and the lack of stress from trolls; it has restored my interest in watches.

The dial will be changed to an AM 7040 style and I will also get an AM bezel insert. Other than maybe a new crystal; if it needs it; and a good service to the movement; I think it will be just what I wanted

Plus with the rain we have had nightly lately I certainly can empathise with you.good luck on the job at hand.

Theneilo uk

July 16th, 2011, 10:09 pm #6

British Columbia. We get nearly as much rain as you folks do

July 17th, 2011, 12:56 am #7

...........>>>. just like that when I got it from the flea market.

Then I sent it to Jake for gaskets, cristal, bezel insert. This is what I got back....

I should send it back to him for a relume job.... That`s the one thing I haven`t done. I said I`ll leave it all original but now I think I should have it relumed

I don`t make things. I make things better !

July 17th, 2011, 1:01 am #8

British Columbia. We get nearly as much rain as you folks do

.... found only in books. What does it look like ? I dimmly remember something called that a few years ago. BTW Peter, I like that slim cased version of the 6309 the best. They look good on a 4 ring Zulu style strap BTW. Will look forward to seeing your progress with it

July 17th, 2011, 1:06 am #9

the only thing I can come up with is that it's wet, life giving and that I enjoy it no matter how often it comes

Thanks for the encouragement on the 7290; I have a feeling this is of a size that I will feel comfortable with.

Definitely, you and everyone else will be fed with updates...and likely a bunch of questions

July 17th, 2011, 1:08 am #10

...........>>>. just like that when I got it from the flea market.

Then I sent it to Jake for gaskets, cristal, bezel insert. This is what I got back....

I should send it back to him for a relume job.... That`s the one thing I haven`t done. I said I`ll leave it all original but now I think I should have it relumed

I don`t make things. I make things better !
telling the time; then definitely have it relumed.
Otherwise don't bother as it is just a wasted expense that you won't truly appreciate.