Shanghai Mil reissue just arrived this morning at 9am....

Shanghai Mil reissue just arrived this morning at 9am....

November 10th, 2010, 1:36 am #1

Quite a heavy package before I opened it...no wonder! the wooden box is very nice and large! Great presentation! The watch was bubble wrapped and taped to the TOP of the outside box! strange....but it was date set and time too! Then the seller shrink wrapped the watch (a pain to remove..but typical japanese thoroughness! haha!).

November 10th, 2010, 1:41 am #2

Boomtown

November 10th, 2010, 1:55 am #3

Quite a heavy package before I opened it...no wonder! the wooden box is very nice and large! Great presentation! The watch was bubble wrapped and taped to the TOP of the outside box! strange....but it was date set and time too! Then the seller shrink wrapped the watch (a pain to remove..but typical japanese thoroughness! haha!).

Here's mine to join the party (or should that be 'join the Party')

November 10th, 2010, 2:27 am #4

Congrats! This fits into the collection nicely.
I still love the dial on this one. So nice, and the inverted cyclops is cool.
I had this briefly and its the one that went to Chascomm.

[/IMG]
Last edited by sharkfinDave on November 10th, 2010, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 10th, 2010, 2:35 am #5

------------------------------------------

November 10th, 2010, 4:09 am #6

Congrats! This fits into the collection nicely.
I still love the dial on this one. So nice, and the inverted cyclops is cool.
I had this briefly and its the one that went to Chascomm.

[/IMG]
was there a crown/stem prob or something??

November 10th, 2010, 4:10 am #7

------------------------------------------

nt

November 10th, 2010, 4:44 am #8

was there a crown/stem prob or something??
It arrived with the box all bashed up. So, the watch had appeared to be damaged.
When I removed it from the box,the bracelet fell off, but was still ticking, so that was good.
But noticed the crown got bashed, I presumed as it was winding oddly and in-uniformly.
So but still functioned and couldn't be sure if the postman did that or if it was quality issues.
But I had my local watch guy fix it. Had the link/springbar fixed and crown was just manipulated to.
This watch purchase was kinda cursed. lol. So it left a bad taste and correlation to the poor watch. It was fixed and probably good to go. But I opted to return.
So the seller decided to give away the watch instead and it was won by Chascomm.
A weeks later I get an invoice from Fedex for duties/brokerage fees. It was a PITA experience and lost some coin there.
Wasn't meant to be. I still like the look of the dial/style. Also if felt Chinese, not very solid in comparison to the 1963. IMO.

November 10th, 2010, 4:49 am #9

shipped package was damaged, not the whole shipped package?