Peter...............

Peter...............

November 7th, 2010, 6:40 pm #1

thank you last night for trying to help me with my 6105 problem! This morning it still isnt fixed and now the seconds hand is moving steadily but the hour and minute hands wont turn! John said its likely the keyless works that are perhaps stuck or? and fixing that and or the depress button should be a no big deal!
I guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow and take it to my watch guy to fix! Hopefully I havent broken anything!

November 7th, 2010, 6:49 pm #2

and yes, the keyless works do sometimes slip out of position when the stem is pulled. Fortunately, I doubt you have broken anything unless you used a big hammer
It shouldn't be a big job for your watch guy to put right

------------------------------------------

November 7th, 2010, 6:52 pm #3

or maybe lack of knowledge is a better word? But is it the keyless works the part that controls the hands moving/advancing or not moving?

November 7th, 2010, 7:02 pm #4

basically, the keyless works is a combination of the stem, the levers it actuates and the gears it turns. The levers and gears will turn the hands and set the time and date when the stem is in the right position.
What happens sometimes is when the stem is pulled out, one or more of the gears will fall out of place or one of the levers will get dislocated. When the stem is put back in, it doesn't thread through the gears or the levers may not line up; then you get the issues you're experiencing.

November 7th, 2010, 7:46 pm #5

is it ok to leave it all the way in even tho the hands (hour and minute) arent turning/moving?

November 7th, 2010, 7:58 pm #6

your watch guy will take care of the rest

November 9th, 2010, 12:36 am #7

I took in my 6105 this morning first thing and explained what was wrong/happening with the watch and the very first thing he said was: Cannon Pinion!
He feels very confident that's what it is as to why the seconds hand is turning but not the hour and minute hand! I had the VERY same thing now that I think about it, happen to my Vintage Seawolf! I took it to him and he fixed it.
As to the little depress button...... I'm sure too that he can cure that as well!
I havent heard from him yet this afternoon and it's almost his closing time so I dont know whether thats good or bad! LOL
The one good thing about this guy is that he is local and most everything I take to him assuming it can be fixed, is done and back into my hands in less then 3 days!

November 9th, 2010, 12:52 am #8

The hands thing makes sense; you just didn't tell me it was doing that before you pulled the crown

Anyway, while he's in there he will free up the stuck pusher and all will be well again