http://orientwatchusa.com/un9p001d

and 50% + free shipping CONUS

use code summertime at checkout*

or

OrientJapan50

This one comes to 90$ Cool deal

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

June 29th, 2011, 9:43 pm #2

never see ....Orient now looks to be exploring the quartz market in the USA...good idea!

June 29th, 2011, 11:25 pm #3

http://orientwatchusa.com/un9p001d

and 50% + free shipping CONUS

use code summertime at checkout*

or

OrientJapan50

This one comes to 90$ Cool deal

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*
........... >>> Orient has much of a choice since Seiko took them over. I`m sure if you open the case back, you`ll find some Seiko movement. Seen a lot of quartz Orients with a 7T64 movement - just like Pulsar. Different case designs but the same movement.

I don`t make things. I make things better !

June 29th, 2011, 11:34 pm #4

They only make their own mechanical calibers. Although most of those seem to be based on the earlier Seiko 7xxx series. Even back then, there was apparently some sort of corporate ownership by Seiko.

------------------------------------------

June 30th, 2011, 5:13 am #5

in the 1980s....

June 30th, 2011, 10:36 am #6

They only make their own mechanical calibers. Although most of those seem to be based on the earlier Seiko 7xxx series. Even back then, there was apparently some sort of corporate ownership by Seiko.

............. >>> since Seiko took them over?
Because before that Orient was know to be the only japanese watch company out there to still make its own mecanical watches. I don`t remember seeing nor reading about any Orient quartz watch before 2-3 years ago...

June 30th, 2011, 10:50 am #7

concentrates on its mechanicals......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orient_Watch_Company

June 30th, 2011, 2:33 pm #8

............. >>> since Seiko took them over?
Because before that Orient was know to be the only japanese watch company out there to still make its own mecanical watches. I don`t remember seeing nor reading about any Orient quartz watch before 2-3 years ago...

As Thian has shown, Seiko has been a part owner of Orient for decades. Most of Orient's movements are based on the Seiko 7xxx series movements. They have been modifying and updating them since the 80s and now have a complete line of their own unique calibers; many which are of better accuracy and higher quality at equivalent price points with the Seiko movements.

I don't know when the first Orient quartz watches were introduced but they have always had Seiko modules. This was verified by Orient themselves when I asked them a couple of years ago. You can find my post and that e-mail on the old SCWF.