Ok..... this will likley sound like a dumb question........

Ok..... this will likley sound like a dumb question........

January 17th, 2011, 8:17 pm #1

but here goes anyway!
In learning that Seiko 6105-8110 with the PROOF dials were only made for a period of 7 months in 1970 would/could a person "assume" that they are a lot more sought after or valuable VS that of those with water resist on the dial?
This is also assuming that everything on the watch is original and in decent condition!
I'm NOT selling mine or even thinking of it due to the history of the watch but I see 6105-8110s with AM parts demanding Hi premiums these days and ALL original demanding even higher prices! I would simply like to perhaps find out how much mine is actually worth......... and YES..... I'm aware of the fact that something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay!
Mine BTW is ALL original EXCEPT for the seconds hand and I do have an original seconds hand for it...... I just need to get it cleaned up a bit and re-lumed.

January 17th, 2011, 10:06 pm #2

and you know it depends on how much a collector will pay......but take your Arnie as an example!!! What is the ACTUAL value of that!?? as you know, some have paid above $400 for the Arnie!

I would think only a collector who WANTS and can afford the Proof 8110 in his collection will pay top dollar....which I have no idea! above $500?

Look at Sharkfin Dave's Brazilian Froggie....that one sells for over $500-$700usd to collectors of Frogman watches!! and that price was set over 5 years ago! Why? limited supply and the camo color design trend!

Take the Seiko 6309-729B orange dial model....very 'RARE' I found out...and several years ago a guy in Singapore was asking over $1000usd for his! CRAZY!......go figure!

Another example....Tim years ago bought his NOS 6105 for $1200!!!!!!

So, you could place any price you figure you can get for it at any given time, depending on Market trend, a collector who HAS to have it etc etc...an see what nibble you get! of course you have to have some pretty good photos to document its all original condition etc etc....

January 17th, 2011, 10:20 pm #3

but here goes anyway!
In learning that Seiko 6105-8110 with the PROOF dials were only made for a period of 7 months in 1970 would/could a person "assume" that they are a lot more sought after or valuable VS that of those with water resist on the dial?
This is also assuming that everything on the watch is original and in decent condition!
I'm NOT selling mine or even thinking of it due to the history of the watch but I see 6105-8110s with AM parts demanding Hi premiums these days and ALL original demanding even higher prices! I would simply like to perhaps find out how much mine is actually worth......... and YES..... I'm aware of the fact that something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay!
Mine BTW is ALL original EXCEPT for the seconds hand and I do have an original seconds hand for it...... I just need to get it cleaned up a bit and re-lumed.
http://anzacsorientwatchspot.blogspot.com/

Tony Lewis
New Zealand

January 17th, 2011, 10:34 pm #4

I seriously doubt I would ever sell the watch because it is a rather hard one to come by and also because as I have mentioned before the prior owner was/is a Navy SEAL and the watch has been O/seas and has seen action! To me that watch represents Historical thru and thru so selling it is not likley ever an option!

January 17th, 2011, 10:56 pm #5

one keeping it or not...my X-33 from Zoodles is like that....full documentation by the original USA aviator....

January 18th, 2011, 1:07 am #6

..... are a MUST to establish ANY provenance. As an example I aquired an early 60's 5512 MILSUB with ALL of it's issue papers, service receipts etc. from the original owner. I sold it to a collector in London ( through a dealer) for enough money to pay cash for my 2009 Kia Spectra 5 and put some change away in the bank. WITHOUT the papers, I could not have even gotten 1/6 of it's market worth. So hang on to your documentation that proves its Seal Divers use as it will certainly help keep that price UP Remember, when you sell an item on the open market you are engaging in CAPITALISM and the idea is to MAXIMZE PROFITS