New hardware ............................ >>>>

New hardware ............................ >>>>

July 2nd, 2012, 8:33 pm #1

.......... >>> Time came for a new hardware in the cell phone department. It wasn`t a must but the 3 year contract includes new hardware .... so then why not?

I present you the Samsung Android i727 or Galaxy S II. Before this, I had the Samsung i896 aka Galaxy S which was an older model but still very good. Here are some pics of the new Samsung

Here are some of the features listed on the side of the box and I must ad that I`m prety impressed.

The usual thing to be found inside the box: manual, wall charger, USB cable, head phones and battery

The user replaceble battery size and capacity are increased from the older Galaxy S model from 1500 mAh to 1850 mAh. You may think this way the phone can stay on longer? you wish! Dual core 1.5 Ghz CPU and a larger screen plus apps running, will kill the battery in about 24 hours. Lucky there are "power manager" apps out there. The one that come installed its prety basic and doesn`t do a whole lot

Digital camera was increased from 5 MP to 8 MP and a LED flash added to the mix.

In this model, Samsung also included a 2 MP front facing camera. Next to the ear piece, can be seen a light sensor and a proximity sensor.

Again, Samsung made this almost impossibly thin design.

Comparing the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy S II

The thickness is identical or there may be a small difference that is not even worth mentioning.

The Samsung Galaxy S II comes with an 13GB on board storage and with the option to ad a microSD card up to 32Gb.

The only rival, as we all know, its the iPhone. But what keeps them apart is the huge flexibility of the Android system and the price.

So there you have it... If in the near future you think about a cell phone (well, with the above mentioned capabilities this is a pocket size laptop) you may wanna take a look at this phone.

Thanks for reading

I don`t make things. I make things better !

July 2nd, 2012, 9:07 pm #2

its an awesome phone indeed but may I ask:
With the new Samsung Galaxy S3 already out and for what I believe is the same price why didnt you opt for it instead?

July 3rd, 2012, 2:05 am #3

.............. >>> was only avaiable 3 days after I got mine. Yes I could have waited but also I wouldn`t have been able to get it for the price I got the S2. After rebates I had to pay $4.37 for the S2. My wife got the iPhone 4 for $49 after rebates. To get the S3 I would have had to still pay $199 as an existing customer... I don`t think so!

Hats off to the S3 with its quad core 1.4 GHz processor but... it gets to a point where those speeds are overkill specialy if you wanna go on the internet. The connection speeds are up to your location and network. The storage capacity on the S3 is waaaay up. Combining the on board storage (64Gb) with a max of 64 Gb on external microSD card, you can get 128Gb. That leaves iPhone in the dirt with its max on board 64 Gb.

The S2 is a huge jump from S. Very responsive, no hesitation.
I will be happy with this one for the next few years - I think.... or I hope.

With the way it goes, laptops my be absolete in the few years...

Edited to ad:
Check out this link where there is a comparison between the S2 and the S3 and also a detailed review of the S3
http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s_ii_vs_ ... ew-764.php

Last edited by LES2900 on July 3rd, 2012, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 3rd, 2012, 3:51 am #4

.......... >>> Time came for a new hardware in the cell phone department. It wasn`t a must but the 3 year contract includes new hardware .... so then why not?

I present you the Samsung Android i727 or Galaxy S II. Before this, I had the Samsung i896 aka Galaxy S which was an older model but still very good. Here are some pics of the new Samsung

Here are some of the features listed on the side of the box and I must ad that I`m prety impressed.

The usual thing to be found inside the box: manual, wall charger, USB cable, head phones and battery

The user replaceble battery size and capacity are increased from the older Galaxy S model from 1500 mAh to 1850 mAh. You may think this way the phone can stay on longer? you wish! Dual core 1.5 Ghz CPU and a larger screen plus apps running, will kill the battery in about 24 hours. Lucky there are "power manager" apps out there. The one that come installed its prety basic and doesn`t do a whole lot

Digital camera was increased from 5 MP to 8 MP and a LED flash added to the mix.

In this model, Samsung also included a 2 MP front facing camera. Next to the ear piece, can be seen a light sensor and a proximity sensor.

Again, Samsung made this almost impossibly thin design.

Comparing the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy S II

The thickness is identical or there may be a small difference that is not even worth mentioning.

The Samsung Galaxy S II comes with an 13GB on board storage and with the option to ad a microSD card up to 32Gb.

The only rival, as we all know, its the iPhone. But what keeps them apart is the huge flexibility of the Android system and the price.

So there you have it... If in the near future you think about a cell phone (well, with the above mentioned capabilities this is a pocket size laptop) you may wanna take a look at this phone.

Thanks for reading

Boomtown

July 3rd, 2012, 2:32 pm #5

congrats on the S2, nice phone.

I'm looking forward and heard lots of greatness of the S3.

cheers.
Dave

July 3rd, 2012, 6:37 pm #6

The Wife has one and it's by far the BEST cell phone I have ever seen!
My BIGGEST mistake was when I switched service providers.........I had Verizon for years and years but when my contract was over with them I switched to T-mobile because their rates were quite a lot lower and Verizons customer service was becoming almost non existant!
Well...apparently things have changed as it seems as if now Verizons CS is much better! Rates are still higher but their reception is AWESOME! There have been many places where we have gone and I cant get reception with my phone but the Wifes Razor has NO problems in picking up the signals! Not only that but her phone is MUCH faster to load!
Nope.....I learned the hard way........Back to Verizon whenever I can!

July 4th, 2012, 10:43 am #7

............... >>> the Razr was on my list as well. It`s an amaizing design - very cool phone. The one thing that I didn`t like was that the battery is not user replaceble I wanna be able to change my own battery when I want. I don`t want to send my phone in (like they do with iPhones) and wait for 3 to 6 business days to have a battery changed. Also ... if you travel and you take an extra battery and a charger, you can charge one battery while using the other... Just my thought.

The same with the watches... I wouldn`t wanna get a watch that I have to send to some center for a week just to have a battery replaced.