New bracelet ............................... >>>

New bracelet ............................... >>>

July 2nd, 2012, 7:29 pm #1

......... >>>> My recent purchase was a Timex Chrono-Compass. Prety pleased with the watch but I was looking into changing the leather strap with a bracelet

Looked around for a while then i found a Timex bracelet that would fit the watch 20mm lugs. Well, I found one. I like it and the looks overcomes the fact that it has folded SS links with black rasin inserts.
This is how it looks after I replaced the leather with SS band

Now.... the bad news. Altho the bracelet fits my wrist without having to remove links, how the hell do I remove links? As you can see on the pics below, the pins have been inserted thru then the edge of the folded hole was further flatened on the pin. That`s how it looks on both sides

There is also no visual indication on the inside of the bracelet that any of the pins can be pushed either way

I have and seen before folded link bracelets that are adjustable by removing links and my common sense tells me that this bracelet should be the same way.
Am I missing something here or what I see is what it is?

I don`t make things. I make things better !

July 3rd, 2012, 2:35 pm #2

That bracelet looks cool! ;) nt

July 7th, 2012, 5:22 am #3

......... >>>> My recent purchase was a Timex Chrono-Compass. Prety pleased with the watch but I was looking into changing the leather strap with a bracelet

Looked around for a while then i found a Timex bracelet that would fit the watch 20mm lugs. Well, I found one. I like it and the looks overcomes the fact that it has folded SS links with black rasin inserts.

Now.... the bad news. Altho the bracelet fits my wrist without having to remove links, how the hell do I remove links? As you can see on the pics below, the pins have been inserted thru then the edge of the folded hole was further flatened on the pin. That`s how it looks on both sides

There is also no visual indication on the inside of the bracelet that any of the pins can be pushed either way

I have and seen before folded link bracelets that are adjustable by removing links and my common sense tells me that this bracelet should be the same way.

I've never looked at one of these Timex semi-plastic jobs before, but if the plastic links are formed from two pieces then that would be the key to resizing. However if they are solid, then I'd have to agree with you that the links are not removable.

July 7th, 2012, 5:41 pm #4

The metal is thin and flimsy and will bend when you push the pins in or out. I ruined my bracelet like that one attempting to remove 3 links.

Boomtown

July 8th, 2012, 1:50 pm #5

.........>>> I suppose I can try to open up the side of the link just enough to let the pin slide thru. The black resin link its a one piece link and it can`t be manupulated in any way.
Yes, the bracelet seems light and flimsy but it is comfortable... however I took it off and reinstalled the leather band until I find a way to remove a coupe of links..