Lousy @#$**& Computer virus

October 1st, 2011, 6:34 pm #1

I hate viruses.,.

October 1st, 2011, 7:21 pm #2

Download this free mawarebytes
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

TURN OFF!!! any other AV you got

Update malwarebytes.

run, and it should do the trick. The free version does not protect ''live'' so just turn off and leave for the next tim your computer catches venerial disease

Hope this helps

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

October 1st, 2011, 8:05 pm #3

You really shouldn't rely on any one anti-virus software. Rene can you tellus what version of windows you are using? Depending on the version we can advise you on combination of anti malware software and security settings you can use in order to minimize your exposure to malware.

Of course, If you are interested and have an older machine, switching the rig to linux will give you a much faster machine with a truly modern operating system that is not susceptible to viruses (so you won't have to waste memory and processor power to run antiviruses)

GO HOKIES

October 1st, 2011, 8:22 pm #4

I was/ am running Mawatebytes but apparently that was not the problem. Turns out Microsoft screws up. They falsely reported that Chrome had a virus in it so they blocked/ deleted it from their system. They reported the error and said to go to the MSE site and d/l the latest updates. I tried that to no avail. Stupid #@$$&$es. Its now in the shop
Last edited by time_watcher on October 1st, 2011, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 2nd, 2011, 12:25 am #5

------------------------------------------

October 3rd, 2011, 7:06 pm #6

I was/ am running Mawatebytes but apparently that was not the problem. Turns out Microsoft screws up. They falsely reported that Chrome had a virus in it so they blocked/ deleted it from their system. They reported the error and said to go to the MSE site and d/l the latest updates. I tried that to no avail. Stupid #@$$&$es. Its now in the shop
just regress your system to a date before the MS Security update (you must be using MSE right?), then reinstall the latest version of chrome, which fixes Microsoft's screw-up. your system will be fine after that.

If you want better and more detailed advice, let us know what version of windows you are running.

GO HOKIES