Looking for a certain Seiko........

Looking for a certain Seiko........

May 25th, 2010, 12:52 am #1

I am looking for either a Seiko or a Citizen JUST like this one only w/o both day/date feature and at least 40mm in diameter.
Any ideas??
TIA
Borrowed pic:

Almost forgot...... larger crown as well and NO crown guards!
Doesnt have to be new and can also be Vintage as well.

May 25th, 2010, 1:20 am #2

As in a simple time only dial?

BTW...I like the way you're thinking

------------------------------------------

May 25th, 2010, 1:27 am #3

Yes..... that is correct!

May 25th, 2010, 1:39 am #4

the very first thing that sprang to mind was Orient!
Then I started thinking along the lines of vintage Seikos. There are probably dozens that fill this description and I'm betting you can probably even choose a caliber; 6 series, 5 series or 7 series that will have what you seek. Bo doubt there are several in the GS series but I doubt you want to spend that kind of moolah

I'll start by looking through my collection then saved pics and post anything similar

May 25th, 2010, 2:07 am #5

I am looking for either a Seiko or a Citizen JUST like this one only w/o both day/date feature and at least 40mm in diameter.
Any ideas??
TIA
Borrowed pic:

Almost forgot...... larger crown as well and NO crown guards!
Doesnt have to be new and can also be Vintage as well.
.... you this one:

a 66-7100 from the late '60s, hand wind movement, 17 jewels . 'cept for the size looks like it'll do ya
I have one of these that I've had since my grandfather gave it to me for High School graduation back in '67. It's a DAMN GOOD watch !

May 25th, 2010, 2:21 am #6

I'm afraid to ask......... how much would it set me back and what is the mm diameter?? You can send info via E-mail if you are more comfortable in doing so!

May 25th, 2010, 2:25 am #7

the very first thing that sprang to mind was Orient!
Then I started thinking along the lines of vintage Seikos. There are probably dozens that fill this description and I'm betting you can probably even choose a caliber; 6 series, 5 series or 7 series that will have what you seek. Bo doubt there are several in the GS series but I doubt you want to spend that kind of moolah

I'll start by looking through my collection then saved pics and post anything similar

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1965-SEIKO-SEA-HORSE ... 518971d45b

It's a handwinder with the 66B caliber movement from the early 60's. I have a couple of watches wit this movement and they are excellent performers and obviously as robust as heck

May 25th, 2010, 2:27 am #8

.... you this one:

a 66-7100 from the late '60s, hand wind movement, 17 jewels . 'cept for the size looks like it'll do ya
I have one of these that I've had since my grandfather gave it to me for High School graduation back in '67. It's a DAMN GOOD watch !
And you are right, these are great watches!

May 25th, 2010, 2:29 am #9

I'm afraid to ask......... how much would it set me back and what is the mm diameter?? You can send info via E-mail if you are more comfortable in doing so!
... back in '67 I think my grandfather paid around $30.00 for it when he was in Tokyo It is an even 36 mm in dia. less crown. I'm sure you could find one from one of the other WIS's here or across the street. Sorry, mine's not for sale

May 25th, 2010, 2:31 am #10

You should not have to pay more than about $30 to $40 for a really well kept specimen.

All of mine were considerably less; the were Ramon treasures that didn't run but all of them responded to a good service and only one needed a new part!

Other calibers to look for are the 6300 and 7000. There are a plethora of other ones but I don't remember them all at the moment...those are all hand winders. If you look at autos then the field is wide open