Just curious............

Just curious............

September 5th, 2011, 7:21 pm #1

how many of you here own a Seiko Orange Monster and do you actually wear them or do they sit in your watch case?
I just somehow cant warm to the idea of strapping an Orange dial on my wrist!

September 5th, 2011, 7:30 pm #2

bought my first, and it will be here in a few days. Ask me again next week. Some of us like some colors, some like others. A chap at work drives a green truck, and hates the color. He says "Why do they even make green ones?" Of course he just might like an orange watch.

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan

September 5th, 2011, 7:38 pm #3

how many of you here own a Seiko Orange Monster and do you actually wear them or do they sit in your watch case?
I had both orange and black monsters.
I wore the orange all the time. Loved it. But then I love/owned many orange dialed watches.
The dial is bright, very nice look IMO.

I'd like to get another some day. Great for a daily beater.

The lume is killer.
[/IMG]

September 5th, 2011, 7:41 pm #4

thats why every once in awhile I'll strap on something more subtle! LOL

September 5th, 2011, 7:51 pm #5

and about 10 orange dialed watches. Personally I love the orange dials. That said, I find that the Balck monster (which I also have) seems to work much better with the monster case and bracelet than the orange version.

GO HOKIES

September 5th, 2011, 8:14 pm #6

.......... >>> when I started reading and seeing them on the old SCWF I never thought that I will end up getting one, specially that they weren`t that cheap. Then i saw one in a retail store (Winners) for a bargain price (which is rare) and I jumped on it without asking a question. I have it ever since (about 3 years now) and never crossed my mind to sell it. It makes its way in the regular rotation about once every 4 -6 weeks and I`m wearing it for about 2 weeks.

The lume is something impressive. Has to be experienced to be appreciated.

I don`t think you can go wrong with the OM. You can always sell it if you can`t warm up to it.

I don`t make things. I make things better !
Last edited by LES2900 on September 6th, 2011, 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 5th, 2011, 8:17 pm #7

in 2004 when they began on the market in Japan....couldn't warm up to the dial style and traded it. But having gone around the block with watches, I returned to the OM and bought 2!!

I predict this version will be a Seiko diver Classic, for the reason you don't like it....orange bright dial color and unique heavy duty bezel! Seiko used the orange color since the 70s in their diver watches (2205, 7548, 6458, 6309-729B, etc.).

September 6th, 2011, 3:29 am #8

I like to match my dial color with my wardrobe. During the warm months, when I wear my Hawaiian shirt with splashes of orange, and I wear the "OM" with it.

Thanks for looking!

September 6th, 2011, 3:32 am #9

September 6th, 2011, 4:49 am #10

Hi. Have both and wear the Orange one all the time. Have a bracelet for it but wear it on rubber as I wear it on the bike - rubber only there. Have a couple of other orange watches and also wear them a lot. Whenever I wear the black one someone always buys it and I have to get another. Cheers Phil