I have a new first for me. My PMT JDM Eco-Drive's battery is dead and will not charge.>

I have a new first for me. My PMT JDM Eco-Drive's battery is dead and will not charge.>

February 6th, 2011, 4:27 am #1

What do I do now? Must I send it to Citizen or can a local watch repairman replace it? I assume that it is simply a rechargeable lithium.

Boomtown

February 6th, 2011, 4:29 am #2

Dont fret.......... it just needs some carbs!!

February 6th, 2011, 4:57 am #3

What do I do now? Must I send it to Citizen or can a local watch repairman replace it? I assume that it is simply a rechargeable lithium.

Boomtown
Pull-puch the crown at 3 sec interval a few times?

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

February 6th, 2011, 5:04 am #4

Boomtown
for what it' worth... the VERY same thing happened to my Blue Angels watch and a battery change doesnt cure it as I tried! Looks like a trip to Citizen USA is in order! I'll likley need a whole new movement and goodness only knows how much that will cost??

February 6th, 2011, 5:05 am #5

Pull-puch the crown at 3 sec interval a few times?

sunlight and push in the reset to try to get it moving again.

Boomtown

February 6th, 2011, 5:12 am #6

February 6th, 2011, 5:17 am #7

The push in reset is at 2 above the crown.

Boomtown

February 6th, 2011, 5:21 am #8

Sold it a few months back.
I remember the reset but never used it.
Great piece and worth the extra care.
Funny 'cause those are supposed to last almost forever
Well not funny ha ha , ya know what I mean.
Hope all goes well

February 6th, 2011, 5:25 am #9

is rainy and foggy. Strange weather this year everywhere. Dallas is really freaky as Super Bowl fever hits.........snowed out.

Boomtown

February 6th, 2011, 1:54 pm #10

Boomtown
If you can't get it jump started, I would send to Citizen. The rep who used to frequent the forums has said several times that they would replace dead cells for free. I'm sure the "Never needs a battery" marketing line has everything to do with this. While it is in there I would expect to get the gaskets replaced too and maybe even a pressure test.

While it is there, maybe get a new second hand too?

Citizen's parts and labor charges are very reasonable. Probably competitive with all the independent professionals. They will provide a quote before doing any service. If you send it I would take some picture before hand to capture the condition. A friend when through a headache with Citizen US because they put some healthy scratches in his otherwise brand new watch. Situation was resolved to his satisfaction but it took a while.

If you can't be bothered, I'm sure you could sell this one as it. Desirable model and I'm sure someone would take the risk on it for the right price.