Here is the scenario ................................... >>>>

Here is the scenario ................................... >>>>

December 4th, 2010, 12:54 am #1

........ lets assume that there is cataclismic event happening so fast that you only have time to pack your bag. No time to pack all the watches and no space/room take them all with you either. But ... you can take only 2 watches - one on each wrist.

Which would be "choosen ones" ? Quartz??? Mecanical??? Maibe one of each???

I don`t make things. I make things better !

December 4th, 2010, 1:08 am #2

My Tissot T Touch............ it serves to me anything/everything I would need!

December 4th, 2010, 1:16 am #3

........ lets assume that there is cataclismic event happening so fast that you only have time to pack your bag. No time to pack all the watches and no space/room take them all with you either. But ... you can take only 2 watches - one on each wrist.

so if the battery craps out, I still have the auto Tsunami! hahaha!

Much like past poster question of being stranded on an island hahaha!
Last edited by thianwong on December 4th, 2010, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 4th, 2010, 1:30 am #4

Okay then...

One would be my kinetic/Perpetual Calender Seiko because it will keep track of the days and months indefinately and can go months without wrist time.

The other? Definately something mechanical to remember a simpler time before the stinky brown stuff hit the fan.

December 4th, 2010, 2:16 am #5

I'd take my G Shock Frogman, solar, tough, chrono, alarm,multi timezones.
And an automatic, since the Tsunami is on my wrist 95% time, this will be it.
Both can withstand floods,deep dives if i'm capsized under the titanic.
I like this excercise. I have narrowed down my collection to 2 must have watches.
I can begin to sell them all off. haha.
Now if I had my MM, I'd bring that as backup.

December 4th, 2010, 4:12 am #6

Boomtown

December 4th, 2010, 4:39 am #7

... it would be the watch I was wearing. Got caught upstairs in a house I lived in back in college when it broke out on fire. I was only able to get a pointer pup I had out and I'm telling ya, getting out and to safety is ALL you think about ! The hell with STUFF ! Lost EVERYTHING else I owned but the clothes and boots I had on and my dog. Replaced most of the stuff since.
Last edited by monbla256 on December 4th, 2010, 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 4th, 2010, 5:07 am #8

I'd take my G Shock Frogman, solar, tough, chrono, alarm,multi timezones.
And an automatic, since the Tsunami is on my wrist 95% time, this will be it.
Both can withstand floods,deep dives if i'm capsized under the titanic.
I like this excercise. I have narrowed down my collection to 2 must have watches.
I can begin to sell them all off. haha.
Now if I had my MM, I'd bring that as backup.
...... you seem to catch on fast .... hahaha... I`ve been thinking about the same thing: what if it comes down to only 2 watches???
And I found it kinda difficult to find 2 watches I like the most since what I like may not be the most apropiate for the scenario....
An ABC watch is fine... but it runns out of battery sooner or later ....
A solar would be good assuming its not gonna be in the dark more than 6 months ....
An auto/kinetic has to be "on the move" to stay charged....

Damn! Is there a watch out there that`s relying on its own energy??? Nuclear??? Perpetuum mobile???

December 4th, 2010, 5:19 am #9

... it would be the watch I was wearing. Got caught upstairs in a house I lived in back in college when it broke out on fire. I was only able to get a pointer pup I had out and I'm telling ya, getting out and to safety is ALL you think about ! The hell with STUFF ! Lost EVERYTHING else I owned but the clothes and boots I had on and my dog. Replaced most of the stuff since.
Boomtown

December 4th, 2010, 7:42 am #10

Boomtown

nt