Has anyone here used a TWO piece

Has anyone here used a TWO piece

May 2nd, 2011, 7:44 pm #1

Zulu on any of their watches?
I have a one piece Zulu on my Arnie and dont exactly care for it so I thought maybe a two piece would look nice!
Anyone have one and maybe a pic or two they can share?
TIA

May 2nd, 2011, 7:53 pm #2

if, than it will be a one-piece. Where would be the two-piece advantage over rubber or steel?

Cheers,

Axel

May 2nd, 2011, 7:57 pm #3

it's just that the one piece fits weirdly over the top of the lug and looks bulky!
Notice from my pic how the One piece Zulu extends over the top of the spring bar causing an obvious and apparent gap? Instead of that gap a strap should extend downwards evenly from the spring bar and somewhat "hug" the wrist!
I dunno....... to me it just looks rather odd and bulky.

Last edited by time_watcher on May 2nd, 2011, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 2nd, 2011, 8:13 pm #4

May 2nd, 2011, 9:42 pm #5

Zulu on any of their watches?
I have a one piece Zulu on my Arnie and dont exactly care for it so I thought maybe a two piece would look nice!
Anyone have one and maybe a pic or two they can share?
TIA
thick one pieces do indeed tend to slide in thicker! I have a few older Natos, thin, and one thick Zulu but they are for emergency straps only. My complaint with these one section straps is they tend to scratch the caseback. Recently bought JakeB's rubber soft 2 piece vintage style waffles (8 of them-4 20mm and 4 22mm) for all my strap changeovers. The marathon MIL SPEC one piece straps are okay though.