Fedex stopped by today

Fedex stopped by today

May 3rd, 2011, 6:04 am #1

I had a similar model to this a while back and as some of you may remember I just felt it was to big. I soon sold it and spent quite a bit of time, probably more than for any other watch, researching different models for a replacement. This one at 40mm diameter, fits the bill nicely. Here are a few quick and dirties for your perusal.

If you haven't guessed here are some details.

The watch I bought and flipped was a DeBaufre Flieger and it just didn't fit. The overhang of the lugs on my wrist was the real downfall for the watch but all dimensions were a lot beefier than this Stowa. In general the watch has a much more refined look due to its smaller dimensions and should be able to pass in dressier garb. I had been considering ordering one from Stowa with the ETA 2824-2 automatic and had been trying to convince myself that the chronometer grade movement wasn't really worth the extra cash. I thought a manual wind movement would be nice for a change, but they were not available at this time. When I happened across this one, a limited edition from 2009 with the ETA 2801 manual wind Hi-Beat works. I like the center seconds and hacking ability as well. The fact that it was new, as in never worn, iced the cake and like they say, the rest is now history.

Quality comes with time.

May 3rd, 2011, 6:14 am #2

We should try to meet up when I see Al at Archer Watches again. I am curious to see how the Archer 45 Flieger compares to your beauty.

May 3rd, 2011, 6:24 am #3

Quite a difference in size though. This one hit all the buttons for me. It came in a 2mm smaller than Al's other case. The IWC flieger I was looking at was a little to refined and 39mm in width. Not to mention a few more pesos as well.

Quality comes with time.

May 3rd, 2011, 6:31 am #4

I had a similar model to this a while back and as some of you may remember I just felt it was to big. I soon sold it and spent quite a bit of time, probably more than for any other watch, researching different models for a replacement. This one at 40mm diameter, fits the bill nicely. Here are a few quick and dirties for your perusal.

The watch I bought and flipped was a DeBaufre Flieger and it just didn't fit. The overhang of the lugs on my wrist was the real downfall for the watch but all dimensions were a lot beefier than this Stowa. In general the watch has a much more refined look due to its smaller dimensions and should be able to pass in dressier garb. I had been considering ordering one from Stowa with the ETA 2824-2 automatic and had been trying to convince myself that the chronometer grade movement wasn't really worth the extra cash. I thought a manual wind movement would be nice for a change, but they were not available at this time. When I happened across this one, a limited edition from 2009 with the ETA 2801 manual wind Hi-Beat works. I like the center seconds and hacking ability as well. The fact that it was new, as in never worn, iced the cake and like they say, the rest is now history.

Quality comes with time.
the blue hands, smaller case are great!

http://professionalwatches.com/2010/06/ ... pilot.html

May 3rd, 2011, 6:41 am #5

The price with the Cosc automatic movement has risen $400.

Quality comes with time.

May 3rd, 2011, 12:11 pm #6

Quality comes with time.
I have been looking at expanding my models, and that might be a good option - smaller manual wind of this style.

I do like that one very much.

Cheers, Al

May 3rd, 2011, 2:26 pm #7

Quality comes with time.
poywatch aka Boomtown
Watch Agent 007--Licensed to kill time
Education:BS WIS
University: Watch Amata U.
Fraternity: Alpha Zuan Omega

May 3rd, 2011, 5:25 pm #8

Quite a difference in size though. This one hit all the buttons for me. It came in a 2mm smaller than Al's other case. The IWC flieger I was looking at was a little to refined and 39mm in width. Not to mention a few more pesos as well.

Quality comes with time.
39-40mm is probably perfect for you... That one looks really well made as well. Lots of nicely executed details on the case.

May 3rd, 2011, 5:40 pm #9

Quality comes with time.
always interested by the Fliegers, that one is small, which is probably normal or the right size for my wrists even though I prefer the bigger ones.
I've only seen them or thought of them as bigger watches. Good to know.
One of these days I'll have to give one a try.
That Stowa is a great watch to start with.

enjoy that nice flieger.

May 3rd, 2011, 7:47 pm #10

Quality comes with time.
..and I have to say, that even it's big, it is attractive.

Cheers,

Axel