Team Lyle Alamo Express - Results

Team Lyle Alamo Express - Results

Doug5551
Doug5551

May 29th, 2012, 7:40 pm #1

All -

Nevada has been the site of many historic LD events like Miles Inc., Mass Gold, Blister, and WPF. Inspired by these rides, I decided to put on the Team Lyle Alamo Express, an All-Nevada Bun Burner Gold ride. Prior to May 18, 2012, there had been only 7 All-Nevada BBGs certified.

22 people decided to apply for the ride. Some of the very best LD riders - Iron Butt Rally Finishers/ Cognoscente Group winners/Cal 24 winners/MERA/Team Strange members, etc - signed up for this event. But also, there were six participants who had only completed one certified ride. 17 riders showed up to the starting line in Alamo, Nevada, actually 18 counting me. I was hoping to add a few additional Nevada BBGs to the list. I was wrong.

We DOUBLED the names on the list! (pending the riders sending their forms to the IBA)

14 riders completed the All-Nevada BBG. Two Goldwing riders had to drop out due to rear tire issues, one rider got tired and wisely elected to be safe and drop out of the ride, and one rider finished 35 minutes after the 24 hour BBG deadline.

Of the 14 finishers, 8 successfully completed their first BBG. In addition, one pillion completed her first BBG. Congratulations to all Alamo Express players who achieved the goals that they were after.

It is interesting to note that 4 of the 14 finishers (just under 30 percent) were Darkside riders on a Goldwing, FJR 1300s and a ST1300. An FJR was first back to Rally Headquarters.

Congrats again to all TLAE riders. And the next time any of you see Greg Marbach, you should immediately go up and shake his hand. Trust me.

Thanks to Lisa Erbes for her support and for all she has done with Eddies Road. And a huge thanks to Brian Casey, our Route Master, whose work made this all possible.

Doug Barrett
TLAE Rally Master
IBA #456

Lurleen
Lurleen

May 30th, 2012, 1:28 pm #2

I just want to thank Doug for putting on this ride and choosing Eddie's Road as the beneficiary. The riders were very generous with their donations and we thank them all for that. Lyle is very pleased and hopes he can make the trip next time.

Just so you know where your money is going - Eddie's Road is funding a project at Murphy Harpst Children's Centers in Cedartown, GA. This is a group home for about 56 severely abused and neglected kids. They are wards of the state who cannot function in a foster home so MH is pretty much the last stop for most of them.

Our program is called "Eddie's Interns". Kids from ages 14-18 are selected to participate and will receive coaching and skills training to prepare them for independent living once they turn 18 and the state "sets them free". The majority have no family or any type of support system. They live in a very structured environment and simply don't have the skills that most of us took for granted at that age. Our hope is that they can move into adulthood and make some good choices that will keep the cycle of abuse from continuing in their lives.

As more funding comes in, we hope to set up similar programs at other group homes around the country.

We have two more Team Lyle rallies scheduled for this year - New England in July & Georgia in September. They are the 8-hour, bonus hunting type rather than the BBG format of Nevada. And if you haven't signed up for Smoke Chasing or the Grand Tour of Georgia, you still can. Go back over to the home page for more info.

Now back to your regular programming,

Lisa
www.eddiesroad.org

Scott
Scott

June 1st, 2012, 1:35 am #3

All -

Nevada has been the site of many historic LD events like Miles Inc., Mass Gold, Blister, and WPF. Inspired by these rides, I decided to put on the Team Lyle Alamo Express, an All-Nevada Bun Burner Gold ride. Prior to May 18, 2012, there had been only 7 All-Nevada BBGs certified.

22 people decided to apply for the ride. Some of the very best LD riders - Iron Butt Rally Finishers/ Cognoscente Group winners/Cal 24 winners/MERA/Team Strange members, etc - signed up for this event. But also, there were six participants who had only completed one certified ride. 17 riders showed up to the starting line in Alamo, Nevada, actually 18 counting me. I was hoping to add a few additional Nevada BBGs to the list. I was wrong.

We DOUBLED the names on the list! (pending the riders sending their forms to the IBA)

14 riders completed the All-Nevada BBG. Two Goldwing riders had to drop out due to rear tire issues, one rider got tired and wisely elected to be safe and drop out of the ride, and one rider finished 35 minutes after the 24 hour BBG deadline.

Of the 14 finishers, 8 successfully completed their first BBG. In addition, one pillion completed her first BBG. Congratulations to all Alamo Express players who achieved the goals that they were after.

It is interesting to note that 4 of the 14 finishers (just under 30 percent) were Darkside riders on a Goldwing, FJR 1300s and a ST1300. An FJR was first back to Rally Headquarters.

Congrats again to all TLAE riders. And the next time any of you see Greg Marbach, you should immediately go up and shake his hand. Trust me.

Thanks to Lisa Erbes for her support and for all she has done with Eddies Road. And a huge thanks to Brian Casey, our Route Master, whose work made this all possible.

Doug Barrett
TLAE Rally Master
IBA #456
It was a very fun ride for all involved. Mario who looked totally whipped said it was a blast whipping his bike.
Riding at Mach 1 for hours on end was very nice indeed

Confirmation of reply: