Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson

FlamingoJake
FlamingoJake

June 17th, 2012, 6:12 pm #1

Dave has posted details of his own serious wreck in South Dakota over at MTF...

http://forums.delphiforums.com/mctourer ... sg=48310.1

June 18th, 2012, 12:57 am #2

The accident happened as I was northeast of Lake Crystal, on MN 60, at the intersection with Cty 115. Was taken to the Mankato hospital, checked out, and discharged. Left side is stiff and sore, and turning pretty colors. Helmet is destroyed.
Bike is already at the shop. I'm sure the insurance company is not happy with me. But examination of the scene showed extremely bag placement of the construction barrels.
Will be home bound for at least a week.

June 18th, 2012, 2:24 pm #3

Dave - I ran into some friends of yours on the rally in South Dakota. It was at the Pierre exit off I-90, he was on a GL1500 trike and she was on a HD. I don't recall their names, but they were from Pennsylvania, and they wished you well.

June 18th, 2012, 2:48 pm #4

The accident happened as I was northeast of Lake Crystal, on MN 60, at the intersection with Cty 115. Was taken to the Mankato hospital, checked out, and discharged. Left side is stiff and sore, and turning pretty colors. Helmet is destroyed.
Bike is already at the shop. I'm sure the insurance company is not happy with me. But examination of the scene showed extremely bag placement of the construction barrels.
Will be home bound for at least a week.
Was looking for you this past weekend. Sorry for this being the reason we missed each other. Heal well and will see you down the road.

Jeff

Bob Young
Bob Young

June 18th, 2012, 3:58 pm #5

With a dead mouse to your credit, wouldn't it be Mickey Killer or perhaps Minnie Killer. But then maybe the mouse is remembered as Bambikiller wrecker. Maybe what happens in the Dakotas should stay in the Dakotas.

June 18th, 2012, 11:54 pm #6

Dave - I ran into some friends of yours on the rally in South Dakota. It was at the Pierre exit off I-90, he was on a GL1500 trike and she was on a HD. I don't recall their names, but they were from Pennsylvania, and they wished you well.
Chris, that would have been Chazz and Chilly. Chazz is from PA, Chilly from NY. Chazz had a breakdown and had to get a part overnighted.

June 22nd, 2012, 6:47 am #7

With a dead mouse to your credit, wouldn't it be Mickey Killer or perhaps Minnie Killer. But then maybe the mouse is remembered as Bambikiller wrecker. Maybe what happens in the Dakotas should stay in the Dakotas.
News from the shop is that the bike is totalled this time. Will have to work with the dealer to get a new bike. Thought about a used one, but think I would prefer to own one new from the showroom again.

DS2 was barely broken in at 104K miles. Lots of memories of trips and rallies.

No internal bleeding, but I do have two broken ribs. Will be out of commission for awhile. Any trips will be by cage for at least a month.
Thanks to Critter for taking me to the VA on Tuesday.

July 5th, 2012, 10:11 pm #8

I have a new 2012 Wing sitting at the dealership, waiting for accessories. Will be at least another week before it is ready, and that long for me to be ready to ride again. I selected the Ultra Blue Metallic. Getting a new blue Shoei multitec, to be reimbursed by the insurance company.

July 5th, 2012, 11:13 pm #9

Woot! Deer Slayer 3

July 6th, 2012, 5:25 pm #10

I have a new 2012 Wing sitting at the dealership, waiting for accessories. Will be at least another week before it is ready, and that long for me to be ready to ride again. I selected the Ultra Blue Metallic. Getting a new blue Shoei multitec, to be reimbursed by the insurance company.
Glad to hear your on the road to being back in the saddle again. Get healed fast.

Confirmation of reply: