schilling's best...

schilling's best...

June 5th, 2012, 10:15 pm #1

on a different note, i have found a "creeping" or "crawling" baby die-cut premium circa 1897-1906 from schilling baking soda and other schilling's best products. i can seem to find much info about these premiums, and they dont seem to be listed anywhere online. does anyone know anything about these? a bit larger, closer to 4"x6" in some cases, and two-piece, so the card can stand. there seems to be a few others in this line as well, not just babies. just lookin to find more info about them, or maybe a checklist of sorts. anyone?

--kilo.

June 6th, 2012, 2:05 pm #2

There are 6 Die-Cut ~ Stand-Up dolls in this group
They are Trade cards not premiums.
All are Girls
1. Jester rattle - I have not seen this W/ a Shilling adv.
2. Doll
3. Ball
4. Umbrella
5. at Table w/ cup & Spoon
6. Both hands on ground

A little hard to find with no damage.

Ron

June 6th, 2012, 6:59 pm #3

on a different note, i have found a "creeping" or "crawling" baby die-cut premium circa 1897-1906 from schilling baking soda and other schilling's best products. i can seem to find much info about these premiums, and they dont seem to be listed anywhere online. does anyone know anything about these? a bit larger, closer to 4"x6" in some cases, and two-piece, so the card can stand. there seems to be a few others in this line as well, not just babies. just lookin to find more info about them, or maybe a checklist of sorts. anyone?

--kilo.
thanks for the info ron, yes they doseem to be hard to find. i have found pictures of a few stand-up dolls from the same (or similar) promotion as well. at least 4 different ones, all with 'standing' ability and all have the schilling name etc front and back. any info about these?

an 1897 newspaper ad claims to send all participants of a contest a "new" set of crawling babies, these bieng different than those from the previous contest. any idea if there were others made, perhaps ones that didnt stand/crawl?

--kilo.

June 7th, 2012, 12:21 am #4

--kilo.
It states on the back that there are 16 in the set.
I only have one. They are a Shillings private design.
And seem to be mostly west coast. I usually see them in the $20+ range.
I am willing to pay that when I am near finishing a set, but hate to start at that level.
I like Dolls & have 500 or so. I think that they are way more difficult to find sound then other cards. Because as intended, they were played with & ruined by children.

Ron

June 7th, 2012, 2:04 am #5

--kilo.
...the babies, the umbrella, missing the umbrella part of course. saw the hands on floor baby on a collectibles site for $65, too rich for me. have seen a few of the other dolls on ebay at $35, also too much for my taste, at this point at least. def gonna be tough to complete cheaply, lol.

--kilo.