PSA returns R730-4 Pirates Bold

PSA returns R730-4 Pirates Bold

March 12th, 2017, 5:00 pm #1

I have not made a PSA returns post before and I know that there are various viewpoints about grading, but I have kind of wanted to get my set of R730-4 Pirates Bold graded for several years. I finally did so and by and large was pleased with the results. I can also say that the cards which did not grade 9 or 10 missed out by the thinnest possible margin. I mean really thin. The entire set, cards and stickers, look just like these (with the exception of #1 and #66) to my untrained eye.

Last edited by PancakeBunny on March 12th, 2017, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 12th, 2017, 5:24 pm #2

Wow, impressive submission congrats!

March 12th, 2017, 5:49 pm #3

I have not made a PSA returns post before and I know that there are various viewpoints about grading, but I have kind of wanted to get my set of R730-4 Pirates Bold graded for several years. I finally did so and by and large was pleased with the results. I can also say that the cards which did not grade 9 or 10 missed out by the thinnest possible margin. I mean really thin. The entire set, cards and stickers, look just like these (with the exception of #1 and #66) to my untrained eye.

Yea! Impressive is the word, now you have to jump on the upgrade wagon, though road ahead.

March 12th, 2017, 6:52 pm #4

Very Nice!

: )

March 13th, 2017, 12:57 am #5

Those are some sweet cards Daniel. Congrats. Still one of my favorite sets, even if it is from the 60s.

Alan

March 13th, 2017, 1:58 pm #6

Hi Daniel , many thanks for the share . Lovely looking cards . I have a liking for cards that have images in bubbles contained in the main card .
The artistic nature/coloring of the cards reminds me of similar issues notably the Buymore Treasure Island set plus the UK Chix Ships of the 7 Seas .

Keep up the good work.

edited to change have from gave ^^
Last edited by kurlywurly on March 13th, 2017, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 14th, 2017, 1:08 am #7

Daniel,
Those are some beauts!

Looking at your scans it made me think that it would be neat if the grading services had holders oriented like the cards...

March 14th, 2017, 10:00 am #8

Hi Todd , good point .
the orientation of the holders has always been a gripe with me , i even dislike the 10 pocket UK cigarette sleeves as they show horizontal cards in a vertical format . This bugged me so much that i spent an age transfering my cards into top loaders ( after scanning them so i could view them on the PC or TV ) .

Lets hope this can be taken up with some of the grading companies .

ps hello Mr Moon .

March 14th, 2017, 11:52 am #9

Absolute beauties Daniel! Congrats. Makes the submission costs well worth it!

March 14th, 2017, 12:00 pm #10

Beautiful cards!
And why am I just now finding out there are stickers with this set too? LOL!
Larry