Civil War

Civil War

October 27th, 2009, 5:36 pm #1

Hi all. Just finished reading the interesting thread about Civil War News, and the also-interesting historical tangents. It got me to thinking about the 1965 Bettman Civil War Pictures set. I had a handful of these cards as a kid. No idea where they came from or how I obtained them. Some them were glued into an album along with my Civil War News cards. A couple of years ago I was able to purchase some of the Bettman cards through The Wrapper, but I haven't seen them listed for quite some time. So, I am wondering: can anyone shed some light onto this set, its history, etc. (I do know that they were reprinted at some point)? Is there anyone else out there collecting the set? Does anyone know of a source for these cards. I'd love to add to my set. Thanks too all for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm. James

October 11th, 2010, 2:32 am #2

I have been working on this set for years and still am missing 11 cards. I have a few traders. Anyone having cardds and wishing to trade or sell please contact me. Thanks.

October 11th, 2010, 3:08 am #3

Hi all. Just finished reading the interesting thread about Civil War News, and the also-interesting historical tangents. It got me to thinking about the 1965 Bettman Civil War Pictures set. I had a handful of these cards as a kid. No idea where they came from or how I obtained them. Some them were glued into an album along with my Civil War News cards. A couple of years ago I was able to purchase some of the Bettman cards through The Wrapper, but I haven't seen them listed for quite some time. So, I am wondering: can anyone shed some light onto this set, its history, etc. (I do know that they were reprinted at some point)? Is there anyone else out there collecting the set? Does anyone know of a source for these cards. I'd love to add to my set. Thanks too all for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm. James
Just noticed a reprint set on ebay.