Chocolate Amatller (Spain)

Chocolate Amatller (Spain)

July 16th, 2012, 7:05 pm #1

I am trying to document two sets? of chocolate cards from Spain. These were done by Amatller. The first is "Motorismo", the second is "Automovilismo".

By using internet translation programs (Spanish to English), I believe the Motorismo set to be from 1927 and the Automovilismo set to be from 1928.

Cards are fairly large (110mm x 77mm).

By using Google Translate, I found one site on the web stating that the Automovilismo set was "probably" 40 cards.

I have now over several years accumulated well over 100 cards. The highest number Automovilismo card I have acquired is number 23. The highest number Motorismo card I have acquired is 15.

So the questions:

(1) Are these considered two different sets, or a single set? (24 + 16 would make up a 40 card set).
(2) How many cards comprise the set(s)?
(3) How close are my dates of 1927 and 1928?
(4) Is there an authoritative reference for Spanish cards?

Jon.

Here are two fronts and two backs (4 different cards):

Last edited by carbking on July 16th, 2012, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 17th, 2012, 11:16 am #2

Jon , Motorismo complete at 15 .

A link sent via e-mail .

Mark

July 17th, 2012, 11:21 am #3

I am trying to document two sets? of chocolate cards from Spain. These were done by Amatller. The first is "Motorismo", the second is "Automovilismo".

By using internet translation programs (Spanish to English), I believe the Motorismo set to be from 1927 and the Automovilismo set to be from 1928.

By using Google Translate, I found one site on the web stating that the Automovilismo set was "probably" 40 cards.

I have now over several years accumulated well over 100 cards. The highest number Automovilismo card I have acquired is number 23. The highest number Motorismo card I have acquired is 15.

So the questions:

(1) Are these considered two different sets, or a single set? (24 + 16 would make up a 40 card set).

Jon.

Jon ,

Congrats ,you have 2 complete sets .

July 17th, 2012, 1:56 pm #4

So the questions:

Jon.

Mark - thank you!

For the benefit of any others who may have read this post, Mark found listings of complete sets available for sale in Europe. The motorcycle racing set at 15 cards, and the automobile racing set at 23 cards.

I had searched, but had not found these listings.

Again, Mark, thank you! I can add two more completions to my list of automobile/motorcycle/motor racing sets. These will make 1115 complete.

Jon.

July 17th, 2012, 2:28 pm #5

So the questions:

Jon.

wow Jon that is one impressive total of complete sets , well done to you Sir .
Always happy to (try) and help fellow collectors .

July 17th, 2012, 4:43 pm #6

So the questions:

Jon.

Mark - that is the "good" number. The other number is 326. That is additional sets of which I am aware, and missing anything from one card to the entire set!

Jon.

July 17th, 2012, 7:29 pm #7

So the questions:

Jon.

It's sports but here is one possibly from the same company...

July 17th, 2012, 7:34 pm #8

So the questions:

Jon.

Yes, same company. They produced a lot of different cards, many of which were sports. I have a world-wide search on Ebay looking for the two sets I collect, and see many different others.

Jon.

July 17th, 2012, 11:04 pm #9

So the questions:

Jon.

I think I may only be looking around the corner!

July 17th, 2012, 11:15 pm #10

So the questions:

Jon.

Henry - after you get the results from a search on ebay, schroll down on the left side of the results page, and you will find a check box for "world wide". Check that box, and ebay will check every ebay site for your item.

Happy bidding.

Jon.