Why don't you spend all this effort on something else

Why don't you spend all this effort on something else

susan french
susan french

February 22nd, 2002, 12:31 am #1

You probably are the same group that 8-10 years ago mailed books to everyone; saying RHCC was wrong for having a kitchen and praise singers.

If you feel so strongly about what you are promoting, then put your names on the cards and fliers. Stand up and take responsibility for your statements.

You may be, as the words stated Sunday, being attacked by Satan to disrupt and break away, etc..... If you feel so strongly, talk to the elders, then go your way or continue to pray and have faith that the Lord will take care of it, without all the propaganda.

Charlene Allen
Charlene Allen

February 22nd, 2002, 1:55 am #2

Okay so I had my say but I think you said it with fewer words and better. I did not agree with the elders decision and was afraid this would happen. People are always ready to take pot shots and at successful congregation saying that "Satan" is taking over. They need to take care of their own problems ... our churches are autonomous for a reason.

Blessings

chris castillo
chris castillo

February 22nd, 2002, 5:14 am #3

You probably are the same group that 8-10 years ago mailed books to everyone; saying RHCC was wrong for having a kitchen and praise singers.

If you feel so strongly about what you are promoting, then put your names on the cards and fliers. Stand up and take responsibility for your statements.

You may be, as the words stated Sunday, being attacked by Satan to disrupt and break away, etc..... If you feel so strongly, talk to the elders, then go your way or continue to pray and have faith that the Lord will take care of it, without all the propaganda.
These issues must seem important or petty to some depending on your opinion,but god loves us all men and women,and wants us to all live in peace and harmony even though this is earth and he has not returned yet,but he does not forget,but he does forgive.As for those who other view as being divisive,whether they are actually being divisive or just being slandered unjustly of being divisive,The lord our God watches this being done to innocent people and he will make the judgement about them not men not women,When I was baptised into this church last year,I did this not only for my own beliefs,but in the beliefs that I could make this world a little better in all of our short time on this earth in Gods hand,We are all in gods hands,no matter how much power we acquire on this small space in time on this world.If scripture that comes from the power of the holy spirit says that something is law then the bible is the law of spirituality,If women or men are meant to preach it is through the power of the holy spirit,Maybe the church since we are only humans who fall short of the grace of God but are saved through the lords forgiveness could hold a vote by the members,I pray that this church we decide on the best interest of its great members and elders and staff.
In him,Chris Castillo

rhcc member
rhcc member

February 22nd, 2002, 7:31 pm #4

There are SOULS to save!
Before the RAPTURE!

Joe McKnight
Joe McKnight

February 22nd, 2002, 9:55 pm #5

I can't think of anything. Besides I like shining the light of the Word and bugging the children of darkness. In other words I like getting in Satan's face, he had he's way with me for a long time, now it's my turn. Thank you LORD Jesus and thank you Holy Spirit.

just checking at ACU.EDU
just checking at ACU.EDU

February 22nd, 2002, 10:03 pm #6

Let's clarify, real quick. You consider what you are doing on this Web site to be the work of the Lord? Did you miss the Great Commission? The greatest commandment? Somehow, I had in my mind that those things were the work of the Lord rather than condemning people over doctrinal issues. And apparently, you consider the people you are arguing with over minor doctrinal differences to be "children of darkness"? Just checking.
Last edited by KevinHamm on March 27th, 2002, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin Hamm
Kevin Hamm

February 22nd, 2002, 10:53 pm #7

Just Checking,

Have you read some of the articles on this site? Have you studied them on your own? Check out some books at your local christian college and verify that the statements made are true and accurate. Have you read "Navigating the Winds of Change" by Lynn Anderson? Have you read "The Purpose Driven Church"? Have you read the preface in the NIV?

All we ask is that you educate yourself on these matters. You can draw your own conclusions then.

CW
CW

February 23rd, 2002, 10:14 am #8

No book written to "expose" movements, etc is my basis for what I believe and for what Christ has called us to be.

Anyone remember Goebl Music? I'd say that he is Mr. McKnight & Co's hero, rather than Christ. The only pattern I see at RHCC is one of seeking to follow scripture, and reach others for Christ.

Kevin Hamm
Kevin Hamm

February 23rd, 2002, 4:04 pm #9

I can guarantee that your Elders and your Preacher have read these books. These are the manuals for the church growth movement. If you want to see where your church is headed I recommend you educate yourself. Did you even read my post? One of the recommendations I made was to read the preface in the NIV. This is in your Bible. You'll see that the translators did not make a literal translation, but sought to translate the "thoughts" of the original writers.

Here are some scriptures for you:

Acts 17:11
1 John 4:5
Romans 12:2
2 Timothy 4:3-4
Ephesians 4:14-15
Galatians 1:6-10
1 Timothy 4:1-2

I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide you and open your eyes. I pray that your conscience has not been seared with a hot iron.

"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." Revelation 22:21

CW
CW

February 23rd, 2002, 8:29 pm #10

Any translation attempts to put the intent of the original author into another language. Ever read a literal Greek translation of the NT? It's difficult, if not impossible, to get at the meaning. Why? Because we aren't Greek, nor do we live in the 1st century!

You have to know the culture, how they spoke, idioms, etc...it's like someone saying, "In a pig's eye!" in English. Most of us know that this means, "It'll never happen", or "No way!"...but translated literally into another language, the foreign reader would think the sentence had something to do with pigs! To translate it correctly, you have to find a phrase in the native language of the reader that gets across the same meaning...that is translation, and it's what the NIV team did.

The KJV translators did the same thing, only they were under the rule of a monarch (King James), and part of an existing church that already had a ruling heirarchy as well...tell me they were not influenced by that? I can site examples if you like. For instance, the word "Deacon" does not appear in the Greek text. The actual word, Diakonos (sp?) means "servant". BUT because the KJV translators were part of a church that already had DEACONS, they decided to transliterate the word, rather than translate it. The created a new english word, "Deacon".