What Is the Pattern to Follow?

What Is the Pattern to Follow?

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 11th, 2012, 3:04 am #1

Just curious - what is the pattern we are supposed to follow?
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on April 11th, 2012, 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 11th, 2012, 4:47 am #2

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]I changed the message title from being "untitled."

This is a great question -- now made controversial by the change agents who no longer subscribe to "the pattern" that the New Testament church is to follow. Let's discuss.[/color]

April 11th, 2012, 3:24 pm #3

Christ, the Rock, defined the pattern for the qahal, synagogue or Church of Christ in the wilderness. To avoid panic of camp movement, going to war or celebrating victory, the godly Israelites were called into assembly only for the purpose of transmitting the Word of God down to tribesand smaller groups.

The synagogue always existed for the godly people not involve in the not-commanded sacrificial system which was the flesh-- and blood-- lust of the other national or STATE sacrifices used to confiscate the peoples animals under the ploy that their "god" needed to be fed, clothed, housed and entertained or he/she would get angry and hurt you.

Jesus attended the synagogue

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was,
.....he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day,
.....and stood up for to read.

The Scrolls would be open on the pulpit (not to hold up preachers) and it would have been the scheduled plan of reading: the Prophets were key documents because they were inspired by the Spirit OF (preposition) Christ and defined in inclusive and exclusive statements the plan for a TRUE REST when Messiah came.

Jesus came as the LIGHT of the world and the purpose was to heal spiritual afflictions.

Luke 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias.
.....And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, [Isaiah 61)
Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
..... because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor;
..... he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted,
......to preach deliverance to the captives,
......and recovering of sight to the blind,
......to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luke 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Luke 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down.
......And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
Luke 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Both Jew and Gentile attended synagogue and both would be prepared to obey the good news when Messiah came.

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time
.....hath in every city them that preach him,
.....being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

It would have been considered blasphemy to insert your own experiences or speculation into that "which is writen for our learning."

April 11th, 2012, 6:12 pm #4

But what is the pattern?

April 11th, 2012, 7:49 pm #5

Acts 15:21 For Moses of old time
hath in every city them that preach him,
being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

To that Jesus added the Lord's Supper which is ALSO to teach or show forth the death of Christ.

That's it.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 11th, 2012, 11:54 pm #6

So what is the complete pattern?

April 12th, 2012, 12:18 am #7

That's the pattern. Being Bible literate the Campbells tried to restore

Church is A School of Christ
Worship is Reading and musing the Word.

That's it, that's it, that's it.

B
B

April 12th, 2012, 12:42 am #8

I don't think Anonymous grasps it yet. I don't think Anonymous even wants to grasp it.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 12th, 2012, 6:46 am #9

That's the pattern. Being Bible literate the Campbells tried to restore

Church is A School of Christ
Worship is Reading and musing the Word.

That's it, that's it, that's it.
"Read your Bible and figure it out?" Seems you don't know either.

john watson smith
john watson smith

April 12th, 2012, 2:40 pm #10

I don't think Anonymous grasps it yet. I don't think Anonymous even wants to grasp it.
I suggest the beginning of this answer is to look at the following line of reasoning

Col 1 - Christ is the image of God, the head of the church, raised from the dead and has pre-eminence over all things.
Pre eminence meaning first in rank or influence over everything spiritual or physical.

John 10/14 - Christ says that he and the Father are one, and to know him is to know the Father.

John 14 - Christ is the only way to God and no person comes to the Father any other way. There are no alternate ways to salvation and approval by God.

Heb 11 - Humans who come to God must believe that he is and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

To know or be aware of the pattern that we are to follow in worship and life one must conform his or her thinking to the above scripture concepts and absolutes. There is no other name given among men by which we must be saved!

Comments Welcome