Bill recorded by Tertullian and all "trinitarians> Well, but "with God nothing is impossible." True enough; who can be ignorant of it? Who also can be unaware that "the things which are impossible with men are possible with God?" The foolish things also of the world has God chosen to confound the things which are wise." We have read it all.
I agree with Bill and Dave in their points made in the "Edit And Delete" list of messages. It appears there are few participants on this website and the website is divisive and evil.
The reality and good news is that even though Donnie and Ken are not making any disciples of Jesus Christ nor leading anyone to Christ and baptism through their years/decades of effort and wasted time on this website, there are plenty within the brotherhood who are fulfilling The Great Commission.
Think with me: If you would spend as much time on reaching the lost as you do on instrumental music and other disagreements, don't you think that would be the greater good? Why not let the Concerned Members website be a concern for churches (and Christians) who are not fulfilling The Great Commission to reach the lost?
Therefore, they argue, it was not difficult for God to make Himself both a Father and a Son, contrary to the condition of things among men. For a barren woman to have a child against nature was no difficulty with God; nor was it for a virgin to conceive.
Of course nothing is "too hard for the Lord."
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....But if we choose to apply this principle so extravagantly and harshly
.....in our capricious imaginations,
.....we may then make out God to have done anything we please,
.....on the ground that it was not impossible for Him to do it.
We must not, however, because He is able to do all things suppose that He has actually done what He has not done. But we must inquire whether He has really done it.
God could, if He had liked, have furnished man with wings to fly with, just as He gave wings to kites.
.....We must not, however, run to the conclusion
.....that He did this because He was able to do it.
He MIGHT also have extinguished Praxeas and all other heretics at once;
it does not follow, however, that He did, simply because He was able.
.....For it was necessary that there should be both kites and heretics;
.....it was necessary also that the Father should be crucified.
If you say that the Father WAS the Son as Bill and all of the LUers claim, then GOD Himself was crucified. Yet, Jesus asked a PROPHESIED question, why have YOU forsaken ME. If God forsook Jesus then God was NOT crucified. Jesus was quoting Psalm 22 which prophesied that the gender confused were attacking Him BUT He would not be defeated.
For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. Psalm 22:16
Keleb (h3611) keh'leb; from an unused root mean. to yelp, or else to attack; a dog; hence (by euphemism) a male prostitute: - dog.
In one sense there will be something difficult even for God -- namely, that which He has not done -- -not because He could not, but because He would not, do it.
For with God, to be willing is to be able,
.....and to be unwilling is to be unable;
.....all that He has willed,
1. It is IMPOSSIBLE for God to LIE because God is TRUTH. If God is TRUTH then to Lie would make God a Liar.
2. God said that He alone as "I" is the Father and Jesus is His Son. As mediator the MAN Jesus is the only ONE.
3. Bill says that God COULD be the Son and the Son could be the father.
4. Bill and all trinitarians say that God could be and is a LIAR.
5. Despising the Word is defined as BLASPHEMY.
6. Only recently after H. Leo Boles and the Gospel Advocate no one in the Churches of Christ were trinitarians including the Campbells and Stone. That began at FHU in 1938 so that maybe half of those at the "preacher" level have fallen into apostasy because it was required to get a degree and a job with churches ALSO using the H. Leo Boles and GA Bible Class Material.
7. Probably because He got into trouble at LU John Mark Hicks credits Max Lucado and Rubel Shelly with inventing a new form of TRITHEISM which is polytheism. He has since written trying to prove that Alexander Campbell was a closet trinitarian. As usual, "scholars" take a quote out of context which AC used to DEBUNK the trinity.
however, He has both been able to accomplish, and has displayed His ability. Since, therefore, if God had wished to make Himself a Son to Himself, He had it in His power to do so; and since, if He had it in His power, He effected His purpose, you will then make good your proof of His power and His will (to do even this) when you shall have proved to us that He actually did it.
The modern "scholars" such as Lipscomb who confess to stop being a Bible college and have become a school of Theology" are not educated enough to know-by God's Driven Purpose that you cannot STUDY God and theology like the musical worship teams is the study of Apollon-Abaddon.
Strong Delusions as the PROPHESIED way to identify those OF THE WORLD VIEW for whom Jesus refuses even to pray.</font>