The Christian Comedian...Seriously?

Scripture
Scripture

October 31st, 2014, 3:04 pm #21

"Three preachers walk into a bar"...nevermind! Entering a no laugh zone! Scripture don't you have bigger "fish" to fry like a church that has no staff left and a weak eldership that has no clue how to fix the mess they have on their hands. That's no laughable matter ! Big picture, Scripture BIG picture.
The church does have staff and they are continuing onward.

The elders are at an advantage they have not had in two decades, with far less division.

The wild broncos who left the carriage behind are elsewhere with very little guidance, and who knows where they go. They are wild broncos in that they wanted their will with little concern for the general body.

The big picture was composed of a bunch of fragmented and faulty underpictures which have flapped for decades.

Now we have a clearer picture.

The vision of the church before the separations was "we don't know what it [the church] will look like. We don't know what we will call it. Our opponents are BS." This was the statement of the elders via the pulpit previous to the separation. We don't blame all the elders for this inadvised statement, in that all were not pleased with it.

The three preachers are not to be mocked.

Justice
Justice

October 31st, 2014, 3:05 pm #22

Apparently one of the gimmicks some modern churches use today to keep Christians "interested" is the so-called "Christian comedian." S/he's the person who tells jokes and amusing anecdotes just like a regular stand-up comedian, only the butt of those jokes is Christianity. Now these jokes are designed to put a light spin on Christianity so that it will be more pleasing and palatable to the masses. If people can get a good laugh out of praise and worship, if they can see Christianity as anything but "serious," they can stomach going to church.

Here's a link to one such "Christian comedian." His subject is hand-raising in worship. Judge for yourself.

http://m.godvine.com/Awesome-Worship-Ad ... -3798.html
Rumor has it that the "Grammar" thread is no longer locked. Was this a negotiated benefit upon "Bill's" return? I'm not one to stir the pot but I am curious. There is also a typo in the message header now. Donnie, can you inform us about these changes?

November 1st, 2014, 4:21 am #23

Perhaps for some it is time to get back to work.

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Not that there's no interest in seeing "the BIG picture," but that the image was larger than a 13-inch screen ... had to reduce its height and width.[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Justice,

The image reminds me of the truth that a Christian is to do GOOD WORKS!!!

Scripture explained it very well in an earlier post -- the interplay between grace and works. Sadly and unfortunately, the preaching change agents in the church of Christ are learning and acquiring erroneous teachings from their denominational schoolmates. Grace. It's all about grace, they say, and God's grace covers it all ... and nothing about "human endeavor." But how should these agents respond to: Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?" (Romans 6:1).

Ephesians 2:8,9 is often misinterpreted. I just checked parallel translations of the passage. In regard to salvation ("saved by grace"):

(1) 12 [the majority] of the 20 versions expressed the event in either past tense ("WERE SAVED by grace") or present perfect tense ("HAVE BEEN SAVED by grace")

(2) 8 of the 20 versions expressed the event in the present tense: "For by grace ARE ye saved through faith" -- the KJV included.

Properly understanding Ephesians 2:8,9 should lead one to conclude that there is an initial or past salvation (Acts 2:37,38) by being baptized into Christ in order to remit SINS THAT ARE PAST (Rom. 3:25). No good works are required at conversion!!!!

But the new Christian is to remain faithful (Rev. 2:10) -- this is present salvation. Phil. 2:12 directs us to "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." James 2 clearly tells us that faith without works is dead.

Properly understanding Ephesians 2:10 [just the following verse regarding grace] should lead one to conclude that in our present salvation, we are to do good works. "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works...."

The Christian is to do good works.

There is no contradiction between grace and works when we "study ... rightly dividing the word of truth" (II Tim. 2:15).[/color]

Scripture
Scripture

November 1st, 2014, 2:19 pm #24

In other words, "walk the talk."

Justice
Justice

November 1st, 2014, 4:26 pm #25

Just for Scripture.

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Not that there's no interest in seeing "the BIG picture," but that the image was larger than a 13-inch screen ... had to reduce its size.[/color]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on November 1st, 2014, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 1st, 2014, 6:00 pm #26

Apparently one of the gimmicks some modern churches use today to keep Christians "interested" is the so-called "Christian comedian." S/he's the person who tells jokes and amusing anecdotes just like a regular stand-up comedian, only the butt of those jokes is Christianity. Now these jokes are designed to put a light spin on Christianity so that it will be more pleasing and palatable to the masses. If people can get a good laugh out of praise and worship, if they can see Christianity as anything but "serious," they can stomach going to church.

Here's a link to one such "Christian comedian." His subject is hand-raising in worship. Judge for yourself.

http://m.godvine.com/Awesome-Worship-Ad ... -3798.html
David Skidmore Saved By Grace Through faith.

http://www.piney.com/David.Skidmore.Ephesians.2.html

I have reviewed this because David has been the Purpose Driver at one of my old "investments with the lord." When people speak of Grace they don't usually want to discuss it but USE it. They in fact confess WE GONNA SIN but GRACE GONNA save us. That means save us from being excised by God for bring music in the "holy places."

http://www.piney.com/Amos.8.html

and give them permission to deliberately SOW discord and drive away the faithful so WE CAN HAVE UNITY.

As Donnie noted, We are saved in the sense of the Remission of Sins only by obeying Christ in baptism.

No one has their sins remitted by inactive faith
No one receives A holy spirit or A good conscience by faith only.
No one has their spirits translated into the heavenly kingdom by faith
No one is added to the ekklesia or universal church by faith only.
No one is "washed with water into the WORD" meaning into the SCHOOL OF CHRIST by just believing in Jesus.
No one is separated FROM that crooked race, the World for which Jesus does not pay without being baptized to "save yourselves from this crooked race." In fact, the GRACE-ONLY cults insists says Shelly etal WE SHOULD BE AS MUCH AS MUCH LIKE THE WORLD TO SAVE THE WORLD. Now, they gonna SAVE THE WORLD by their conduct!!

Pistis or faith includes to COMPLY
Apistos or believeth not means I will not comply and marks treachery.

SAVED FROM WHAT they seem unable to begin at the beginning of the PATTERN.

Purpose Driven Cult: Baptism doesn't make you a believer -- it only shows that you believe. Baptism dose not "save" you,only yourfaith in Christ does that.

"For it is by trace that you have been saved, through faith... it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast."

Paul is speaking of GRACE, THE FAITH, THE GOSPEL in contrast to THE LAW of Moses in which only the Jews BOASTED. Obeying a direct command is NOT obeying THE LAW OF MOSES.

You missed the BOAT if you pick out "dogma" in OPPOSITION to just reading and understanding THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN FOR OUR LEARNING. It is not written as a PATTERN for selling the FREE WORD.

Scripture
Scripture

November 1st, 2014, 6:01 pm #27

Just for Scripture.

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Not that there's no interest in seeing "the BIG picture," but that the image was larger than a 13-inch screen ... had to reduce its size.[/color]
When man's work is done. . . .

http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/w/o/r/workfort.htm

I've heard these complaints about working songs since the 1980s when an woman in her 80s complaint about them.

"They make me tired."

Scripture
Scripture

November 1st, 2014, 6:10 pm #28

David Skidmore Saved By Grace Through faith.

http://www.piney.com/David.Skidmore.Ephesians.2.html

I have reviewed this because David has been the Purpose Driver at one of my old "investments with the lord." When people speak of Grace they don't usually want to discuss it but USE it. They in fact confess WE GONNA SIN but GRACE GONNA save us. That means save us from being excised by God for bring music in the "holy places."

http://www.piney.com/Amos.8.html

and give them permission to deliberately SOW discord and drive away the faithful so WE CAN HAVE UNITY.

As Donnie noted, We are saved in the sense of the Remission of Sins only by obeying Christ in baptism.

No one has their sins remitted by inactive faith
No one receives A holy spirit or A good conscience by faith only.
No one has their spirits translated into the heavenly kingdom by faith
No one is added to the ekklesia or universal church by faith only.
No one is "washed with water into the WORD" meaning into the SCHOOL OF CHRIST by just believing in Jesus.
No one is separated FROM that crooked race, the World for which Jesus does not pay without being baptized to "save yourselves from this crooked race." In fact, the GRACE-ONLY cults insists says Shelly etal WE SHOULD BE AS MUCH AS MUCH LIKE THE WORLD TO SAVE THE WORLD. Now, they gonna SAVE THE WORLD by their conduct!!

Pistis or faith includes to COMPLY
Apistos or believeth not means I will not comply and marks treachery.

SAVED FROM WHAT they seem unable to begin at the beginning of the PATTERN.

Purpose Driven Cult: Baptism doesn't make you a believer -- it only shows that you believe. Baptism dose not "save" you,only yourfaith in Christ does that.

"For it is by trace that you have been saved, through faith... it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast."

Paul is speaking of GRACE, THE FAITH, THE GOSPEL in contrast to THE LAW of Moses in which only the Jews BOASTED. Obeying a direct command is NOT obeying THE LAW OF MOSES.

You missed the BOAT if you pick out "dogma" in OPPOSITION to just reading and understanding THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN FOR OUR LEARNING. It is not written as a PATTERN for selling the FREE WORD.

It is prophesied, "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Matthew 7:23

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Matthew 25:34-35

Churches that are built on the sand will not stand.

November 1st, 2014, 6:13 pm #29

Rumor has it that the "Grammar" thread is no longer locked. Was this a negotiated benefit upon "Bill's" return? I'm not one to stir the pot but I am curious. There is also a typo in the message header now. Donnie, can you inform us about these changes?
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Justice,

Those with editing privileges can "lock" and "unlock" a thread. So, it must have been unlocked at some point ... I don't know when. It's been a while since the last post was submitted: the INDEX of threads or pages shows October 16, 2011.

All has been restored, but the thread will remain "locked" [again] as it already served its purpose [and abuses ] at the time.

Thanks for the info.[/color]

Scripture
Scripture

November 1st, 2014, 6:18 pm #30

The house cricket loses its will--and its-life-to the horsehair worm. Larvae of the parasiite infiltrate the cricket when it scavenges dead insects then grow inside it. The cricket is terrestrial but the adult stage of the worms' life cycle is aquatic. So when the mature worm is ready to emerge, it alters the brain of its hosts, driving the cricket to abandon the safety of land and take a suicidal leap into the nearest body of water. As the cricket drowns, an adult worm emerges, sometimes a foot in length.

Moral: don't eat dead worm guitar players, or cricket singers who may live on dead insects
I've seen these "horsehair" worms crawling on the water surface in the backup river waters during a flood.

I thought it just must have been my imagination!