Park Hill Church of Christ changes name! Fort Worth, Tx.

Park Hill Church of Christ changes name! Fort Worth, Tx.

Just Concerned with everyone Else
Just Concerned with everyone Else

March 4th, 2005, 9:32 pm #1

Now the Park Hill Church of Christ in Fort Worth, Tx. has become the "Park Hill Church-A Christ-Centered Fellowship"!Wonder where that came from? They went to recorded instrumental music then praise teams and now acapalla and a Prasie band! These folks came out of the Southside congregation about 8 years ago and look where they are now! What exactly is the Southside church spreading around?
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on March 5th, 2005, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saved by Grace
Saved by Grace

March 6th, 2005, 8:50 pm #2

From your message I cannot tell whether you are for Parkhill or against it? Have you even been there? This is a church that has freed itself from the baggage of "man-made" legalism and had chosen to focus on the fact that each of us can be saved by Grace. I get so frustrated by those of you that can't seem to grasp the concept that YOU have nothing to do with your salvation. You didn't earn it - You can't buy it - and you certainly can't get it by listening only to acappella music, taking communion every sunday, and making sure the top of the head actually got submerged. I invite you to come visit.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 8th, 2005, 2:05 am #3

We are just concerned about how this church has been taken over by folks like you. I am not closed minded or legalistic. They should have not abandoned the Biblical name and the biblical way to correctly worship. I understand they are letting anyone into fellowship without any tests of faith too..

Jesse
Jesse

March 10th, 2005, 4:16 pm #4

Sounds like the beginning of the end for this group of "Christians". It is so sad to see liberal, progressive, purpose-driven apostates destroying the Church of Christ. You are to be pitied and prayed for because you are blindly following corrupt leaders. Probably, someone that is involved has something to gain of a material nature. Book sales boom when another Church of any faith is suckered into this whirlwind. Apostasy is certainly condemned in the Scriptures so this cannot be called "judgemental".

The Hohenwald Church of Christ in Hohenwald, Tn began this downhill climb a few years ago, slowed down when their sneaky, perverted changes were discovered, reversed a little and now is gaining momentum again. One of the "younger" preachers of the congregation is now preaching in demominational churches while remaining active in the congregation. Wonder if it is the money? Sometimes a little extra cash is tempting.

There are so many churches that are now apostate and I don't quite understand what hope you have in light of the cost, both in loss of Godly, sincere christian men and women and in the loss of respect in your community.
Jesse

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 10th, 2005, 4:21 pm #5

We are just concerned about how this church has been taken over by folks like you. I am not closed minded or legalistic. They should have not abandoned the Biblical name and the biblical way to correctly worship. I understand they are letting anyone into fellowship without any tests of faith too..
Sorry, What"s your problem. My reference should have been to anonymous. He/she is the one lacking a proper understanding of the scriptures.
Jesse

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

March 11th, 2005, 12:25 am #6

Now the Park Hill Church of Christ in Fort Worth, Tx. has become the "Park Hill Church-A Christ-Centered Fellowship"!Wonder where that came from? They went to recorded instrumental music then praise teams and now acapalla and a Prasie band! These folks came out of the Southside congregation about 8 years ago and look where they are now! What exactly is the Southside church spreading around?
It is not remotely possible to deliberately REMOVE the name of Christ without being ashamed of the name. The church of Christ is:
  • <font color=blue>Ekklesia (g1577) ek-klay-see'-ah; from a comp. of 1537 and a der. of 2564; a calling out, i.e. (concr.) a popular meeting, espec. a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both): - assembly, church.
    • Ek meaning out of and:

Kaleo (g2564) kal-eh'-o; akin to the base of 2753; to "call" (prop. aloud, but used in a variety of applications, dir. or otherwise): - bid, call (forth), (whose, whose sur-) name (was [called]).
    </font>
Jesus was speaking of the Apostles but stating a general principle that the assembly is to GIVE HEED and to affirm with one mind and one mouth "that which is written." Then He promsied:
  • <font color=blue>For where two or three are gathered together in MY NAME, there am I in the midst of them. Matt 18:20 </font>
IF you are not gathered in HIS name then HE will NOT be there: too bad, too sad but they have DISinvited Him as proven by THE MINISTRY which repudiates Christ's sole teaching role through spoken Scripture

Gathered is:
  • <font color=blue>Sunago (g4863) soon-ag'-o; from 4862 and 71; to lead together, i.e. collect or convene; spec. to entertain (hospitably): - / accompany, assemble (selves, together), bestow, come together, gather (selves together, up, together), lead into, resort, take in.</font>
To be the CALLED or the ELECT means that we are invited to assembly or synagogue with Christ. The body or Ekklesia or church which gathers or synagogues is the church or synagogue of Christ:
  • <font color=blue>And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Col 3:15

Let the word of Christ [Spirit or "that which is written"] dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Col 3:16

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Col.3:17 </font>
It is a fact that those who refuse to have the name of God in their mind have no intention of speaking the WORD OF CHRIST. Therefore, in the name of common decency it is good that they remove His Name.

The BODY of Christ is the church: therefore, the body must assembly in the name of the HEAD of the body: the church of Christ:
  • <font color=blue>And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. Col.1:18

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Eph 5:23 </font>
If you DENY Christ by removing HIS title the HE promises to DENY you. My studied opinion is that removing the name is a MARK that Christ has taken the initiative, removed the candlestick and therefore supernaturally REMOVED His Name. Remember that He sends strong DELUSIONS to the deluded to make them feel SUPERIOR at having removed His name.
  • <font color=blue>Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. Matt 10:32

But whosoever shall DENY ME before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Matt 10:33 </font>
Again, removing the name is wicked hands beng MANIPULATED by Christ to VERIFY to the community that He has DENIED THEM and taken away their ACCESS.

It hurts when we see people deliberately removing the name of Christ so that they can INFILTRATE into people's minds without openly revealing ANY devotion to Christ. Because the world is hostile to the name of Jesus Christ those who seek to build temples are treacherous thinking that they can 'save more souls' while trying to fool the contributors. That is why they will STEAL from a widow's welfare check.

However, this is just the way it is: the majority will be lost and the saved will be a tiny remnant. However, God will not punish people until they are confirmed in their belief. Therefore, we are witnessing God's agents sorting people out according to the MARK they have received. Watching "good old" blind people stumbling into the ditch hurts but part of the glory of God is that the faithful will watch and judge those who are being moved beyond redemption.

They want to make peace with the world to guard themselves against persecution:
  • <font color=blue> Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Matt 10:34 </font>
THEY are changing their name to MAKE PEACE with the Baptists. At the same time the Baptists are changing their names to MAKE PEACE with anyone with a widow's mite which was ACCEPTED by the priesthood just as Jesus was promising to DISMANTLE the den of thieves and house of merchandise stone by stone. I suggest that attempting to FIND FRIENDS in all of the wrong places MAY be the meaning of crying out for the MOUNTAINS to hide them from the WRATH they know they have coming.

In all of the churches--from most religious groups--where people rejoice in being deceived, the result will be the break up of friendships and even marriages. We know that it happens and the changlings conspire to get wives to divorce their husbands to remove his discording influence.
  • <font color=blue>For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. Matt 10:35

And a mans foes shall be they of his own household. Matt 10:36

He that loveth father or mother more than me is NOT WORTHY of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Matt 10:37 </font>
I know of a church where an elder loved his delinquent son more that Christ and all of His Body. You will remember that Paul told the Corinthians "Your assemblies do more harm than good." One problem was that they forgot that only CHRIST died for them. The SECRET is don't give them any more of your money and thus sin against the DESTITUTE to whom Jesus gave the ONLY right to our pension money. They will steal it and laugh behind your backs.

Paul said that the faithful will have to SEEK (worship) God OUTSIDE the city or camp. That is out where Christ suffers reproaches and the faithful WILL BE persecuted. Therefore, don't believe the psychological violence that you OWN them the rust off one red penny. Spread the word: there is NO LAW OF TITHING and NO LAW OF GIVING other than those WHO PROSPERED are to help those who ARE DESTITUTE. You will be sinning if YOU divert your ALMS from the poor to support some wimpy guy who believes that a certificte from ACU as what Carroll Osburn calls "Propets, Chanellers and Facilitators" to LIE about Scripture because assuredly they neither love nor know the Word as it has been taught. They have been LEARNED as rhetoricians, sOPHISts (serpents), singers and msicians whom the Greek world knew as SORCERERS and therefore PARASITES. If you QUIT feeding them the dishonest traffickers will get a job selling used computers and the honest evangelist can be called back. FREEDOM in Christ means FREEDOM FROM what is happening in institutions which ARE NOT churches of Christ.

Ken

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 19th, 2005, 5:04 am #7

From your message I cannot tell whether you are for Parkhill or against it? Have you even been there? This is a church that has freed itself from the baggage of "man-made" legalism and had chosen to focus on the fact that each of us can be saved by Grace. I get so frustrated by those of you that can't seem to grasp the concept that YOU have nothing to do with your salvation. You didn't earn it - You can't buy it - and you certainly can't get it by listening only to acappella music, taking communion every sunday, and making sure the top of the head actually got submerged. I invite you to come visit.
You are a sad case of "feel good" church...need to get back into the Word brother! I will visit there next Sunday and see exactly what is going on but I think I already know!

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 21st, 2005, 12:29 am #8

Ok I went to this church today (you invited me) and some Holy Spirit "expert" was teaching the adult class on the Holy Spirit. Said he was an attorney and former Highland CofC (Abilene) preacher many years ago...Chalk... I think. Very articulate guy and knows the scripture well but I had never heard that the Spirit leads us to do all that! The worship service used a "praise BAND" and acapella singing with a praise group miked up front. Some people clapping and twirling around and yelling praise words! Is this type of stuff going on EVERYWHERE???? The lesson was very Biblical..on the entry of Jesus to Jerusalem for the final time. Lord's supper was very Biblical. And the people there seemed to be happy and joyful and truly full of worship. I think I will give it another try next week but I hope some leaders at this place will come to their senses and get back to the correct and true, bible based worship.

R.A.M.
R.A.M.

March 25th, 2005, 2:03 am #9

If you have nothing to do with your own salvation then, conversely, the lost really have nothing to do with their unsaved state - they're not really responsible since "who can stand against God?" This entire line of reasoning falls right in line with the popular secular view of the day which says our mistakes are actually the fault of someone else. Imagine if that someone else is GOD!

The reformed theology must logically conclude that God must be the originator of sin, since he is responsible for everything. Think it through, friend. It is not "the most God-honoring theology", as advertised.

Randall T.
Randall T.

April 2nd, 2005, 12:19 am #10

For those in our fellowship who have obviously been taught only one side of the 'saved by grace' - without the understanding of 'saved by grace through faith' concept -, please invest a few dollars and a few days with this book: Chosen But Free, A Balanced View of Divine Election (Bethany House, 2001) Incidentally the author isn't C of C, and this isn't some old book from the 1950's.
On page 24 he gets right to the point, referring to extreme Calvinism: "...here is the unmistakable conclusion: both Lucifer and Adam sinned because God gave them the desire to sin...(p.25) What is more, if evil actions have no cause, then no one can be held responsible for them. But both good moral reason and Scripture inform us that free creatures are held morally responsible for their choices."
(p.48)...extreme Calvinism...involves a denial of human free choise, which is supported by both Scripture and good reason. Second, 'irrestible grace' on the unwilling is a violation of free choice. ...Third, (it) leads logically to a denial of God's omnibenevolence (all-lovingness) (see I John 4:16 and John 3:16) In fact, if God is one indivisible being without any parts, as classical Calvinists believe, then his love extends to ALL of his essence, not just part of it. Hence, God cannot be partly loving."

Please read some of the other side, brothers, before you purchase this misleading 'package deal.' It's not 'all glory to God' when it makes God the originator of sin and inconsistent with what he reveals about himself in the Word.