Park Hill Church of Christ changes name! Fort Worth, Tx.

B
B

April 13th, 2005, 4:29 pm #31

First, I think the warning bell has been sounded. Again and again and again.

Second, according to their website, at least one of these posters seems to be part of a pretty influential family at this church. If he is willing to be candid, we might get some actual insight into the process that brought them to this point.

Third, unlike some folks here, I would find it more interesting to hear what the people who are actually involved in the situation have to say, than to hear how some one can connect it over 6 degrees of separation to Zoe and something sexual.

Maybe if we listen, we can actually learn something (and still disagree with it if we think it's wrong).

Puzzled
Puzzled

April 13th, 2005, 8:58 pm #32

If you worship in spirit and TRUTH you will not "feel bad" but righteous through Christ who instructed how to worship correctly. Who are you worshipping (?) Mr./Mrs. "Feel Good"? Get back into the Word and learn how to correct your wayward ways.
Anonymous
How in the world can you discern whay I believe from the statement "as opposed to a "feel bad" church? I'll take the feel good church." How does that statement make my ways wayward? Whew!

puzzled
puzzled

April 13th, 2005, 9:23 pm #33

Now the Park Hill Church of Christ in Fort Worth, Tx. has become the "Park Hill Church-A Christ-Centered Fellowship"!Wonder where that came from? They went to recorded instrumental music then praise teams and now acapalla and a Prasie band! These folks came out of the Southside congregation about 8 years ago and look where they are now! What exactly is the Southside church spreading around?
I think that what Paul was trying to say in Romans 16:16 was "greet each other with a holy kiss. The called out of Christ greet you." and not "this is what you should put on your sign out front."

Other "biblical" names.
The Way Acts 9:2
The Church at ...Acts 8:1
The Church of God 1 Corinthians 1:2
The Church of the ...... 1 Thessalonians 1:1
God's Household 1 Timothy 3:15
The Church of the Living God 1 Timothy 3:15
The Church of the Firstborn Hebrews 12:23
The Body of Christ 1 Corinthians 12:27
The Church in ....... Revelation 2:8

So let's quit getting bent out of shape when the sign gets changed.

btw, what has happened to the holy kiss?

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 14th, 2005, 3:00 pm #34

Check Romans 16:16 and see what you get for the Truth

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 14th, 2005, 9:39 pm #35

Just a couple of "should-be-obvious" observations.

Why on earth is the name change the name of this thread? I checked out their website http://www.ourchurch.com/view/?pageID=34934 and the name change is not the big problem to talk about. At least they aren't pretending to be like any other church of Christ, when they obviously are not. I realize we usually like to cloud the actual scriptural issues with ones that just make us uncomfortable, but let's try to stay on point here.

The first post mentions Southside. Do you have any idea if this group left Southside to make a directional change? If so, I wouldn't lump Southside into this whole thing.

For you that do attend Park Hill, could you explain the timeline and theology of the move from non-instrumental to instrumental? Also, are there any other teachings that are traditionally associated with the churches of Christ that you have moved away from? What do you practice when it comes to women's role, church leadership (elders & deacons), communion, etc.?

Thanks in advance for the insight.
Yes, check out their website and see the links to Edward Fudge and Rubel Shelly messages on it! Are you blind?

Change Agents Everwhere here
Change Agents Everwhere here

April 18th, 2005, 5:04 pm #36

I gave it my best shot! I wanted to give you an opportunity to come to me face to face and talk to me about this stuff like a man, but you have opted, instead, to keep the comfort of your anonymity and side with a man who is truly bent on creating dissension.

I wish it could have worked out differently. I was hoping to get to meet you through this process and learn how to grow together but I see that that will never happen.

I will not post on this website anymore becuase it is obvious that the reason for the website is not what it claims to be. In my opinion, this space is controlled by the devil. He has convinced a few of you that it is "biblical" to come on here under the shroud of anonymity and post hateful and judgemental thoughts about brothers who are doing there best to make it in this messed up world.

Your unwillingness to come to me face to face is proof that you are not genuinely interested in the truth about this matter yet but only interested in placing judgment on folks that you won't even take an opportunity to get to know!

That is not the heart of Christ and for this reason, I know that this place is not for concerned members, but rather angry members. Angry members who are unwilling to put aside their anger for the sake of expressing the same love that has been shown to them through the grace and mercy of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

God be with you as you jouney down this path! I pray that he will heal you of your judgmental hearts and through the power of the Holy Spirit, indwell in you a new heart full of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfullness and self-controll because in this world there is nothing that stands against them.

I offer the invitation to you again. Please feel free to return to Park Hill Church, A Christ-Centered Fellowship at any time. You are always welcomed and will receive acceptance and a place to heal if you so choose. We meet at 9:30am on Sunday mornings for Bible study. We begin worship at around 10:45am. On Wednesday evenings we meet at the building at 5:30 for dinner and fellowship with Bible study to follow at 7:00pm.

May God grant you peace, anonymous!

Ken, I am praying for your heart!

Moderator, I am praying for yours as well!

God bless you all!

In Him,

Jon Myers
I am very concerned after visiting this church about what is going on there. They are very much into the Holy Spirit moving differently in each of us. The change agents have really got into this place.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

April 18th, 2005, 11:07 pm #37

I think that what Paul was trying to say in Romans 16:16 was "greet each other with a holy kiss. The called out of Christ greet you." and not "this is what you should put on your sign out front."

Other "biblical" names.
The Way Acts 9:2
The Church at ...Acts 8:1
The Church of God 1 Corinthians 1:2
The Church of the ...... 1 Thessalonians 1:1
God's Household 1 Timothy 3:15
The Church of the Living God 1 Timothy 3:15
The Church of the Firstborn Hebrews 12:23
The Body of Christ 1 Corinthians 12:27
The Church in ....... Revelation 2:8

So let's quit getting bent out of shape when the sign gets changed.

btw, what has happened to the holy kiss?
He that is PUZZLED let him be PUZZLED still: Puzzled missed MANY more proofs that the church is the church of CHRIST. It is his body so if you call it THE CHURCH you fail to do all in HIS Name. The holy whore of Babylon is CIRCE and she used music and magical inchantments and drugs to SEEK new members.,

They also called Jesus Beel-zebul:: So, how about naming YOUR church the Church of Baal. We will name the preacher Lord of Flies. How about we call your wife Jezebel?

Jesus is the Christ of God. That is, Christ is God IN the PERSON of a human because He deals with humans in a human dimension. Nevertheless, the CHRIST of God sent HIMSELF just as he is sent as ARM or ROCK. Therefore, to be answer the invitation (electons) one must put their total confidence in Christ as the SON or WORD or visible expression of the invisible God. If you are ashamed of the name--even if others give it a bad name--then you have had your FOUNDATION flooded away. In fact, there can BE NO work of Christ in the world which does not seem contemptible in the eyes of the world:
  • <font color=blue>He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Matt 16:15

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. Matt 16:16

He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ OF God. Lu.9:20

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. Matt 16:17

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matt 16:18 </font>
With the eunuch nothing could HINDER him asking for baptism after hearing the PROPHECY of Christ would be the inability to make that confession. With Cornelius, hs PRAISE of God made perfectly clear in the language of the Jews meant that no one could PREVENT his baptism. Christ is not the CENTER: Christ is THE body and He is the Living head of the body. If you put Him AT THE CENTER or the so called CORE GOSPEL that means that ALL OF THE REST belongs to me. It is a CODE WORD.

This is the same ROCK which provided the water of the Word. He is the anointed (Christ) as the seven spirits or lamps on the Menorah. If you take the NAME off you take the BRANCH out and the lights are gone.

PUZZLED: The Way Acts 9:2

Church is discipline or school: the WAY of Christ is the CHURCH of Christ
  • <font color=blue>And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this WAY, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. Acts 9:2

Jesus saith unto him, I am the WAY, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Jn.14:6

For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the WAY of the Lord, make his paths straight. Mt.3:3

For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my WAYS which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church. 1Co.4:17 </font>
The WAY is the church of body or school of Christ

PUZZLED: The Church at ...Acts 8:1
  • <font color=blue>AND Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was AT Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles. Acts 8:1 </font>
"AT" is not a name: Only God who shed His "blood" purchased the church. Christ only built one. Therefore anytime the word is used of a faithful congregation a CHURCH is the church of Christ. Removing the NAME is what all did to keep from being martyrs. If someone else brings reproach on the name of Christ--even accusing Christians of being cannabals--you don't DENY Christ even when the tigers are chewing your bones. Shame.

Kimberly
Kimberly

April 20th, 2005, 4:02 am #38

Today as I was watching the sunset, I began praising God for the beauty He created. Last week while traveling, seeing the ocean and the beautiful scenery I praised God. As the wind blows thru my hair as I am in my own backyard, I feel the presence of God. I am even in praise when I am teaching my work out class or taking one at the gym, ever so grateful that I am able to move and do these things. When I feel joy I believe it comes from above. I am in coversation and praise so many times thru out the day and it dawned on me. There is no Church of Christ written above my home, at the beach or any of the many places I feel Gods blessings and His presence. What a shame that the name on a building dictates whether you are in Gods presence or able to worship Him. You are missing out on so much time conversing and thanking and praising. I can even feel his presence in my home listening to music, He is with me all the time. In restaurants, stores and my car. I feel so blessed that I am not restricted on when and where My Lord and Savior makes His presence known to me. What a shame for you as you are missing out on some quality time. You spend what, a few hours in your CHURCH OF CHRIST building. My church of Christ is my daily walk, My church of Christ is my home and my time wih my family and friends. And for any Christian to say "I hate when people say I will pray for you," I really wonder where your heart and your intentions are. I thank God that we do not have believers like that at Park Hill Church, A Christ Centered fellowship. For I believe a man who would rebuke the prayers of another would not be availabe to pray for me. And that is one of the many things you can count on at Park Hill Church. It obviously is not the place for you, however if you walked in our doors today we would still embrace you with Gods love because that is the kind of folks we are. Nonjudgemental, loving caring Christians doing our best to Glorify God.

My prayers too are with you, even if you do not want them.

In His Holy Name
Kimberly Hardick

shane
shane

April 20th, 2005, 2:36 pm #39

Kimberly,
Thank you so much for the words you expressed above. I praise God for people like and I pray that you have blessed day and week. Thank you again for bringing some hope and kindness to this hateful website!

Shane

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

April 20th, 2005, 5:11 pm #40

Is this the Shane who just sent me an e-mail with more hate than I have had in a month

He claims that he is a STUDENT PASTOR. Hey, Shane, you cannot go to school be be and ELDER as the ONLY pastor-teacher orgained by God to FEED the sheep with the Word of God and NOT construct some silly, paganistic, legalistic WORSHIP SERVICES.

The "pastors" or elders did not HAVE a pulpit. They were pointed out because they were ALREADY laboring to the point of exhaustion in preaching and teaching. Then, Shaney, you just have to AGE IN THE WOOD for a long time to become a Pastor or elder.

There ARE NO SADDLES on a faithful church or synagogue or school of Christ. Paull commanded that the ONLY pastors or elders "teach that which has been taught." To Timothy he commanded to "give attendance to the public reading or the Word" and to the doctrine contained therein and to admonishing that they observe what they read. They ate the Lord's supper--minus any singy-clappy praise songs, whistling or clapping by the STUDENTS. They looked around for anyone who was DESTITUTE and IF anyone had prospered THEN they gave it to the hands of the DESTITUTE. There is no command, example or inference for a collection plate to feed an able bodied man who must GO and preach what has been preached or "neither shall he eat."

Shane is mad because this forum intends to get all of the parasites with Phds who do not WANT to hear any Bible discussed and who will NOT preach the Word OFF the backs of widows and honest, hard working people who cannot affort to buy medicine for sick children while you do Dunkin Donuts with the Clergy Class.

If I manufactured Buggy Whips and someone tried to fire me then I might get mad also. I worked for the Railroad while attending college: they called it FEATHERBEDDING.

Ken