Hi

Drip..
Drip..

August 23rd, 2016, 2:53 am #11

(When Ken throws the STOLA he is out of material)

Commentary
Matthew Henry Commentary

150:1-6 A psalm of praise. - We are here stirred up to praise God. Praise God for his sanctuary, and the privileges we enjoy by having it among us; praise him because of his power and glory in the firmament. Those who praise the Lord in heaven, behold displays of his power and glory which we cannot now conceive. But the greatest of all his mighty acts is known in his earthly sanctuary. The holiness and the love of our God are more displayed in man's redemption, than in all his other works. Let us praise our God and Saviour for it. We need not care to know what instruments of music are mentioned. Hereby is meant that in serving God we should spare no cost or pains. Praise God with strong faith; praise him with holy love and delight; praise him with entire confidence in Christ; praise him with believing triumph over the powers of darkness; praise him by universal respect to all his commands; praise him by cheerful submission to all his disposals; praise him by rejoicing in his love, and comforting ourselves in his goodness; praise him by promoting the interests of the kingdom of his grace; praise him by lively hope and expectation of the kingdom of his glory. Since we must shortly breathe our last, while we have breath let us praise the Lord; then we shall breathe our last with comfort. Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord. Such is the very suitable end of a book inspired by the Spirit of God, written for the work of praise; a book which has supplied the songs of the church for more than three thousand years; a book which is quoted more frequently than any other by Christ and his apostles; a book which presents the loftiest ideas of God and his government, which is fitted to every state of human life, which sets forth every state of religious experience, and which bears simple and clear marks of its Divine origin.

August 23rd, 2016, 2:42 pm #12

Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord. Such is the very suitable end of a book inspired by the Spirit of God, written for the work of praise; a book which has supplied the songs of the church for more than three thousand years;

YOU don't SING Psalms. You think that "sing" means "tuneful." David did not. He might have used a two or three note melody or sequence of SINGLE sounds: You claim that melody is HARMONY. So, again, it is not a question of can or can't but whether one can read BLACK text on BROWN paper.

The Church of Christ (the Rock) goes back to the Wilderness:
It was EXCLUSIVE of vocal or instrumental rejoicing or rhetoric,
It was INCLUSIVE of Rest, Reading and Rehearsing the Word of God only.

<font face="arial" size="4">Three thousand years ago fits the TEMPLE which God did not command. The lambs were made dumb before the slaughter by the Jacob-cursed and God-Abandoned Levites who HAD NO inheritance and worked when not on very rare duty at the Temple devoted to the WORSHIP OF THE STARRY HOST.

The godly Jews would have been in their isolated villages with the only activity allowed was gathering to hear the WORD handed down by Moses (only) read and understand.

<font face="arial" size="4">God's permissive will cast down three temples because God promised David a HOUSE or a family or TENT.
But, Solomon built his gods a HOUSE or literal Temple.
BUT, God does not live in houses built by human hands nor is He worshipped by human hands.
The Christians gathered on Solomon's Porch because "that's where the people gathered." No Christian could enter even into the slaughter pit even though the sacrificial system had been "infiltrated and diverted" by the Race of Vipers probably Edomites.

The Temple you call THE CHURCH created Civil War and withing five years of Solomon's death the Egyptians came, looted the temple and rescued the wealth the Jews said God gave them.

If you use Halal 150 as your PATTERN and do not use all of those INSTRUMENTS which don't have BREATH then you are in lots of trouble.

You and etal use Halal 150 as the authority for SINGING Psalms when Paul commanded SPEAKING them for learning, AND you refuse to sing what you claim as inspired then you are in deep brimstone and sulphur. Paul knew that Halal 150 was neither Psalm (mizmor), Hymn or Spiritual (inspired) song: He is never recorded as SINGING in the assembly as in HALAL 150 David was worshiping his gods in the FIRMAMENT which is the right place to go if you have been abandoned to "worship the STARRY HOST."

There is no record that David ever attended Ekklesia-Synagogue and certainly if he sang and played IN the temple the Levites were commanded to EXECUTE HIM.

There is no command, example or remote inference of congregational singing until after John Calvin let you REWRITE a few psalms without BURNING you.

The Command is to use THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN FOR OUR LEARNING.
God BREATHED (not a spirit person) without METRON meaning musical meter
and Jesus SPOKE ONLY that which God BREATHED or inspired Him to SPEAK.
He said MY words are SPIRIT AND LIFE.
Your words are NOT Spirit and they do not produce LIFE.

The Church or Ekklesia of Christ which PUT DOWN and rejected anything in the Law, Psalms or Prophets which was not prophesied about MESSIAH has existed about 2,000 years. It is the Kingdom of God and Jesus said that it does not come with OBSERVATION which means Religious Observations or OPERATIONS.

Jesus and the Apostles RECITED A (one) HYMN and it would never happen for Godly Jews who attended Synagogue which Edersheim says HAD NO PRAISE SERVICE until next year at the yearly-appointed hour.

People question APTNESS when the elders role was to TEACH THAT WHICH HAD BEEN TAUGHT and I find no evidence of mature male elders needing to SING to replace THAT WHICH HAD BEEN TAUGHT.

</font></font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on August 23rd, 2016, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drip..
Drip..

August 23rd, 2016, 8:52 pm #13

God Used Them Anyway

Wesley Crouch

· Moses stuttered.

· David's armor didn't fit.

· John Mark was rejected by Paul.

· Timothy had ulcers.

· Hosea's wife was a prostitute.

· Amos' only training was in the school of fig-tree pruning.

· Jacob was a pathological liar.

· David had an affair.

· Solomon was too rich.

· Abraham was too old.

· David was too young.

· Peter was afraid of death.

· Lazarus was dead.

· John was self-righteous.

· Naomi was a widow.

· Paul was a murderer.

· So was Moses.

· Jonah ran from God.

· Miriam was a gossip.

· Gideon and Thomas both doubted.

· Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal.

· Elijah was burned out.

· John the Baptist was a loudmouth.

· Martha was a worry-wart.

· Mary was lazy.

· Samson had long hair.

· Noah got drunk.

· Did I mention that Moses had a short fuse?

· So did Peter, Paul--well, lots of folks did.

August 23rd, 2016, 10:43 pm #14

You are squirming before your time: just what is it you need to confess. The translators of the Septuagint used the Greek PSAO based words to define the Psalms because they understood that David and the other collected poets were WARRIORS. For instance psallo and SOP have the same root meaning. Psallo has NO musical meaning: in connection with a STRINGED INSTRUMENT ONLY it means to SMITE the string in order to educe a sound: that is not music. It also DEMANDS that you smite the string with your FINGERS and never with a plectrum or guitar pick.

Lam. 3:1 I am the man that hath seen affliction by the rod of his wrath.
Lam. 3:2 He hath led me, and brought me into darkness, but not into light.
Lam. 3:3 Surely against me is he turned; he turneth his hand against me all the day.
Lam. 3:4 My flesh and my skin hath he made old; he hath broken my bones.
Lam. 3:5 He hath builded against me, and compassed me with gall and travail.
Lam. 3:6 He hath set me in dark places, as they that be dead of old.
Lam. 3:7 He hath hedged me about, that I cannot get out: he hath made my chain heavy.
Lam. 3:8 Also when I cry and shout, he shutteth out my prayer.
Lam. 3:9 He hath inclosed my ways with hewn stone, he hath made my paths crooked.
Lam. 3:10 He was unto me as a bear lying in wait, and as a lion in secret places.
Lam. 3:11 He hath turned aside my ways, and pulled me in pieces: he hath made me desolate.
Lam. 3:12 He hath bent his bow, and set me as a mark for the arrow.
Lam. 3:13 He hath caused the arrows of his quiver to enter into my reins.
Lam. 3:14 I was a derision to all my people; and their song all the day.

Psalmos also appears in the LXX as equivalent to the Hebrew word neginah. This Hebrew term is used to describe a wide variety of songs. Neginah is translated by psalmos in Lam 3:14 (song), in Lam 5:14 (music) and in Ps 69:12 (song). It is striking to observe that in the LXX translation of Lam 3:14 and Ps 69:12, psalmos, or its verbal form, is used for songs that are not only uninspired but are in fact the product of the wicked, even drunkards, who mocked God and His word. The Hebrew term neginah is used elsewhere in the Hebrew Scriptures of: the songs of the wicked, Job 30:9 (song); the inspired praise of God, Psalm 61 title (Neginah-a song performed on a stringed instrument); and the uninspired praise of the Lord composed by King Hezekiah, Is 38:20 (my songs).

Lam. 3:15 He hath filled me with bitterness, he hath made me drunken with wormwood.
Lam. 3:16 He hath also broken my teeth with gravel stones, he hath covered me with ashes.
Lam. 3:17 And thou hast removed my soul far off from peace: I forgat prosperity.
Lam. 3:18 And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD:
Lam. 3:19 Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.
Lam. 3:20 My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.

William
William

August 23rd, 2016, 11:48 pm #15

Mizmor => melody of praise => psalm. You are correct, I understand, about the selection of psalm for Mizmor. However, if the proper translation is "melody of praise" that indicates singing. I suppose it would be possible to speak a melody.

David never wrote a "psalm".

August 24th, 2016, 1:18 am #16

That's true but don't tell anyone. The "triangle" was the common "harp" of a shepherd: David could have taken three sticks or leg bones arranged in a triangle. He had sheep gut to twist into a string (now called catgut), stretch them and go to it. A melody could be one note: do do do do do do or do do re _. The text was made into a "melody" which means to dismember or cut up into syllables. Any text can be cantillated or even with a bit of a two-note melody. The Rabbi divided the text into syllables and added marks which were not "notes" but instructions. The Overseer might let a school boy read the text but he looked over his shoulders to make certain that he didn't add any ooos or uhhs or anything which would be commentary.

Ps 4:1 - on Neginoth, A Psalm of David. Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.

The word "Psalm" is the Hebrew Mizmor.

h4210. mizmowr, miz-more´; from 2167; properly, instrumental music; by implication, a poem set to notes:—psalm.

h2167. zamar, zaw-mar´; a primitive root (perhaps ident. with 2168
1. through the idea of striking with the fingers);
2. properly, to touch the strings or parts of a musical instrument,
3. i.e. play upon it; to make music, accompanied by the voice;
4. hence to celebrate in song and music:—
5. give praise, sing forth praises, psalms.

A pruning hook made a ringing sound and so the instruments are connected to the PRUNING HOOKS hopefully being thrust in about now.

Rev. 14:18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
Rev. 14:19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

drepa^non , to, also drapanon (q. v.), (drepō)
A.= drepanē, d. eukampes Od.18.368; “khalkeois ēma d.” S.Fr.534; the usual form in Prose and Com., Hdt.1.125, etc.; “d. theristikon” PMagd.8.6 (iii B. C.).

Reaping and the Sickle was always accompanied with music:

<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
ther-istikos , ē, on,A.of or for reaping, “drepanon” PMagd.8.6 (iii B.C.);
.....“humnos” Suid. s.v. Lituersēs: as Subst. th., to, crop, Str.17.3.11.
------Li^tu^ersēs , ou, Dor. litr-ersas , ho, Lityerses, a bastard son of Midas, who used to challenge wayfarers to a reaping match, and bound the heads of the conquered in his sheaves, Ath.10.415b, Suid.ready for BURNING
2. a reaper's song named after him,. Men.264, Theoc.10.41, Ath.14.619a.

Soph. Ich. 534
Apollo probably enters in response to the chorus's calls.
... cows ... reward ... free ... The fragment ends here. From the Homeric Hymn to Hermes [KAIROS], we can assume that Apollo and Hermes have a scene together, ending with the restoration of the cattle to their rightful owner. Hermes also gives Apollo the lyre, which is his instrument forever after.

humnos , ho, A.hymn, ode, in praise of gods or heroes, hymns of David, hu. Haidou, of one whose songs are death,

Paul said SPEAK them and this was only a few named hymns in the BOOK of Psalms.

2168. zamar, zaw-mar´; a primitive root (compare 2167, 5568, 6785); to trim (a vine):—prune.

There are 57 "psalms" of David which are MIZMORS.
While the word CAN include striking or touching WITH THE FINGERS that is never true unless the instrument is NAMED. 50 OF THE MIZMORS do not include an instrument. When Paul speaks of "psalms" that includes only the Mizmors. I have read that the Jews only considered 1/3 of the "poems" suitable to be sung or cantillated and NEVER with an instrument in the synagogue.

People willing to "infiltrate and divert" your property so then can be LIKE DAVID do not know the facts and do not need to know the truth. There was no "meter" involved.

</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on August 24th, 2016, 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drip..
Drip..

August 24th, 2016, 2:28 pm #17

Some things never change! Praise the LORD!

August 24th, 2016, 2:54 pm #18

Verse 6 DEFINES the EVERYTHING as HAVING BREATH. None of these "instruments" were allowed AROUND but never IN the Temple but the Shofar.

http://www.piney.com/Shofar.html

"Only in Ps 150:3 is it (shophar) mentioned with most of the other really musical instruments. Hence, we must conclude that the function of the shophar was to make noise--be it of earthly or of eschatological character--but not to make music After the destruction of the temple and the general banishment of all instrumental music,

<font size="6">the shophar alone survived, just because it was not a musical instrument."(International Dictionary of the Bible, p. 473, Abingdon).

David was a king over a kingdom which God did not command: the NOT APT elders demanded "set a SENIOR PASTOR OVER US." God knew that they wanted to WORSHIP LIKE THE NATIONS of GENTILES. The worshipped the starry HOST and not the CREATOR of the HOST.

Furthermore, these instruments were almost always associated with making WAR or making LOVE.

David was not of the Aaronic priesthood was FORBIDDEN to perform religious music AND HE NEVER DID.

ALL pagans believed that their musical instruments WERE their gods or the HOUSE of their gods.

http://www.piney.com/MuLamech.html

</font>

August 24th, 2016, 4:16 pm #19

Do y'all like this passage?

Psalm 23 ... King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain
#KJV
David Young part of the Discipling and Kairos church planting plot uses psalm 33 to prove that God COMMANDED instrumental music: the LAPSE is to think that the King over an abandoned kingdom is the PATTERNISTS for the assembly. David's Musical team intended to intimidate the enemy with threatened and real RAPE and ROBBERY and called SORCERY in the never commanded anmial slaughter is HIS COMMAND to arm wrestle a now mega church out of the people's hands.

http://www.piney.com/David.Young.Psalm. ... Music.html

Fist, we will look at Psalm 71 referenced in the image above:

Unless you are following APOLLON the leader of your MUSES or LOCUSTS, YOU do your OWN praising to God even "upon your bed." However, when you intend to inform others you SPEAK and MEDITATE. That's the ONLY message in the New Testament and until long after the Reformation.

Drip..
Drip..

August 25th, 2016, 1:26 pm #20

Ken, you will not find "vile" in Psalm 150.

However, I think we all can profit if YOU make good use of Job 40:4 .

"I am vile; what shall I answer you? I will lay my hand on my mouth."