Central Pointe Church of Christ, Duncanville Tx.

Stop It!
Stop It!

September 13th, 2005, 2:18 am #21

Well Ken you keep venting your beliefs and not found trying to answer simple questions with a biblical answer. Not your interpretation of scripture. You're sounding more and more like Satan with each quip.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

September 13th, 2005, 2:51 pm #22

ALL of the deliberate sowing of discord in the last decade in churches of Christ has been by professional musicians or "musicating" type preachers who are so DOGMATICALLY CERTAIN that God wants a PRAISE SERVICE or RITUAL that it is worth driving weeping widows out into the cold and DISCORDING most of the people who will not be DRIVEN OUT of their own homes.

I simply want someone to tell me where we got the idea that the ekklesia or synagogue or school of the Bible should be to RITUALIZE by singing PRAISE songs which are not the Bible and using a form which is not Biblical and for the purpose which is the most ancient, legalistic, patternist superstition known to ancient cave dwellers and hunters and gatherers.

Do you have any reasons which you feel are worth deliberately sowing discord? Who convinced you that this was NOT a sign of the end times and WHAT is their reasons? Surely, everyone must have a good reason before breaking the kneecaps of widows with a baseball bat. I want YOU to try to understand why you beleive what you believe and WHO convinced you.

Care Taker
Care Taker

September 13th, 2005, 11:36 pm #23

Stop beating a dead horse with your rhetoric. Give me scripture. Stop It asked you and now I want to know the same thing. You've stated what you believe, now give me scripture. Not what you've read in someone's book or by some man-made dogma. Scripture! Do you believe scripture? Oh maybe you're righting other churches who you've deemed are wrong on this website. Well when you have time please answer.
And that crack about being a "cult". Maybe you need to take another look at who's sounding cultish Ken.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

September 14th, 2005, 2:35 am #24

I had hoped that before afflicting people with the Praise Craze which is one of the oldest, most legalistic, patternists, superstitious rituals known to mankind which probably MOST of the congregation FEELS as a sick feeling in the stomach, someone would have checked into the meaning of Praise as a RITUAL. All history knows that the lostness of tribalism saw the need to DO praise rituals to appease, seduce or even threaten the "gods" that if they didn't produce more (members) they would take their worship elsewhere. Most tribalists believed that without their PRAISE the gods would give up and fail.

First, you should grasp that Jesus did not promise to build a worship center or praise center but an ekklesia or synagogue or school of the Bible. This was left virtually unchanged from the synagogue which He endorsed. The First days of festivals and always the seventh days were not called days of worship but of REST. They were to hold a HOLY CONVOCATION which means to READ or REHEARSE the Word of God from copies or memory.

Praise in a spiritual sense means to TELL THE STORY OF GOD and Paul commanded that we use the words of God.

The PRAISE of David meant to "make self vile" with singing, playing instruments, dancing and stripping off your clothes. This PRAISE word is the source of the word LUCIFER who is ZOE. ALL of the instrumental Psalms are WARRIOR'S CHANT and God authorized the trumpets to send signals or terrorize the enemy. ALL music works because it creates the same ENDORPHINS as being terrorized by a saber toothed tiger would produce. The impulses are FIGHT, FLIGHT or SEXUALITY. All of these drug-highs are well known to damage the body just as a runner damages their body before they get the RUNNER'S HIGH.

After the nation of Israel had fallen from grace because of the musical idolatry at Mount Sinai, ALL of the evidence including Stephen who enraged the clergy was that the music was a prayer and God TURNED THEM OVER TO WORSHIP THE STARRY HOST. That is the ONLY authority you have for ANY music concept which always marked paganism.

God defined the ASSEMBLY which is a word for the synagogue and was what Stephen called "the church in the wilderness." When they assembled it was only for instructions and the church did not change anything but add the Lord's Supper. It did not add singing, preaching or giving money. Numbers 10:7 OUTLAWS the triumph or alarm which means "playing instruments and making a joyful noise before the Lord." Psalm 41 prophesied that Judas would try to PANIC Jesus using the Clergy Warrior musicians to come for Jesus. I'm sorry if you have been too busy doing singy-clappy to notice that and no preacher is prepared to teach you.

The word PLEASURE was a sexual impulse to LIFT PEOPLE UP in mental anxiety which Jesus died to remove. The method was an exciting form of SINGING which was known as SORCERY. The purpose was HERESY which was to carry you away for the DEMAGOGUE'S own uses. Jesus EXAMPLED never being caught in a pagan arousal ritual and Paul directly commanded that we NOT do it. Otherwise, the diversity in Romans 14 could not be healed. It seems that someone is taking a united church and turning it BACKWARD to Romans 14.

<font color=red>Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. (education) Rom 15: 2
  • For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. Rom 15: 3
</font>Pleasuring is produced in the Greek texts by Demagogues who LIFT YOU UP with PRAISE SINGING in order to CARRY YOU AWAY for his own USES which means HERESY.

<font color=red>For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Rom 15: 4 </font>

You remember that Paul never commanded SINGING but SPEAKING one to another to TEACH and ADMONISH one another. All of the resources Paul defined are inspired by the Spirit of Christ.

Teaching is not SANGING but speaking to one another with Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs which are ALL the inspired text. The word SING is ODE and means to speak and it further defines PSALMOS as in "Hebrew Cantillation." That is why Paul said SPEAK to one another and not SING to one another..
  • <font color=blue>Didaskalia (g1319) did-as-kal-ee'-ah; from 1320; instruction (the function or the information): - doctrine, learning, teaching. </font>

The direct command to Timothy was:

<font color=blue> Till I come, give attendance to [public] reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. 1 Tim 4:13 </font>

Attendance is a "worship" word meaning to hold the mind to.
Disciples are MADE by baptizing and teaching what Jesus taught and revealed through the apostles. Every school boy who aspired to be a DISCIPLE of a master tentmaker could comprehend that.

<font color=red> Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: Rom 15: 5 </font>

Jesus did not try to AROUSE spiritual excitement. If He had done so He COULD NOT be a Teacher of SPIRITUAL KNOWLEDGE.

<font color=red>That ye may with one MIND and one MOUTH glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Rom 15: 6 </font>

PRAISE means to tell the story of God and only God knows how. Paul defined the way to GLORIFY God which is by speaking HIS Words. If we "sang" Twila Paris then we WORSHIP Twila Paris.

That defines the ekklesia or synagogue which solves the diversity problem in Romans 14, BOTH of which had a music for PLEASURING practice.

<font color=red>Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us, to the glory of God. Rom 15:7 </font>

SINGING as an act as opposed to teaching was introduced in the year 373 and unity has been destroyed every time people want to MUSICATE.

The NEW STYLE PRAISE SINGING from the OLD STYLE Towers of Babylon INTENDS to sow discord to drive the old people out into the cold so they can attract body worshipers: Pleasuring is still called heresy. I sense some GLORIFYING in being able to sow discord?

Evon
Evon

September 15th, 2005, 3:09 pm #25

Evon and Tee,

Would you please give me scripture for having a song leader? Would you also show me where the Bible says that the singing in the worship hour must be lead by one man?

Would you please give me scripture for who should pass the basket, or communion trays? Will I be condemned if my congregation has communion before the sermon and your congregation has it after the sermon?

Would you please give me scripture for having Ushers in the church and also that Ushers must be men?

I understand your opinion and I even understand your need to call your opinion THE TRUTH, but can we let the Bible have the last word on these issues? Can you use the Bible to answer my questions?

Dear Reasoner,

The Truth is in reference to the word of God, not my opinion.

There is a battle in the Churches of Christ and it's about Traditionalism. How far can you go towards nontraditional worship and not go against the beliefs of the church? I don't think I commented directly on what was witnessed at Central Pointe.

My comments were very direct in telling us to read the Bible for ourselves and we will find the Truth. Now, after reading the Bible and your congregation isn't worshiping based on what you have read, then you should do what is best for you.

I am more concerned about the laziness in the church and the influence of super churches that is causing the Churches of Christ to no longer keep our beliefs and put the souls of its members in jeopardy. I don't care what is going on in other churches because if it feels wrong to me, I move my membership.

I also commented on members of the church placing the preacher on a pedastal. A preacher should be treated like another member of the congregation. My "opinion" is a preacher shouldn't be paid by the church to do what he is "called" or "chosen" to do. Preaching has become an occupation for some. And the members help create these kinds of preachers. We need to examine that. The love of money is the root to all evil. Because a preacher is of the flesh, he can develop a lust for money and conduct service to attract money---not souls!

Finally! NUMBERS DON'T MEAN NOTHING!!!

Just because a church has alot of members, active members, doesn't mean they are bearing good fruit. Look back in history and examine the churches with large numbers whose leaders were and still are living secret lives. They did alot of things for people, they had large numbers, traveled, led many to Christ and the preacher was doing wrong! What does that say about the messages he was teaching? Was he teaching those people right? What happened to those people?

We are old enough to ready with understanding and respond accordingly. Of course, no one will tell a preacher he is worshiping out of order. I mean let's be realistic.

I am curious to know what reason Bro Dulin gave for being rebaptised? And why did he wait until he got in the new building to do so?
If anyone knows, can you tell me?

Love,
Evon

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

September 15th, 2005, 6:06 pm #26

Undoubtedly there have been times when hired hands--the meaning of HIRELING--did more good than DAMAGE. But, those days have passed. Preachers are actually being trained as Prophets, Chanellers and Facilitators to go out and MANIPULATE the change.

When they UP THE ANTE and claim to be dominant it is time to crack some spiritual knee caps and get them an honest job or get them a ticket on the next ass heading north as they did in the early churches after two or three days to deliver what THEY KNEW that others DID NOT KNOW.

So, you should spread the word that THE LAW OF GIVING is a big fat lie and liars will burn in hell. Paul claimed that even the pressure of his presence during collection for the DESTITUTE and not one penney for the INSTITUTE would constitute extortion which he lumps with adultery.

Now, they have CRASHED THE CROSS by insisting on the LAW OF TITHING. That, a dominant pastor person and "praise singing" are MARKS of a Judaized institution. SO JUST SAY NO and you will have the Bible and all known history on your side. Here is my collection of absolute proof: Copy and MASS MAIL

http://www.piney.com/ChMinistry.html
  • THE HIRED PASTOR.
    By T. R. Burnett

I am a hired pastor,
    And ride the modern hob,
    I preach for stated salary,
    And stay upon the job.

I set aside the bishops,
    And leave them in the lurch,
    What use is there for elders,
    When I preach TO THE CHURCH?

The Lord said, "GO ye therefore,"
    That was the olden way,
    But by my new translation
    It simply means TO STAY!

Paul once said to the elders,
    (My little soul to shock!)
    Down there at old Miletus,
    That they should "feed the flock."

But Paul was an old fogy,
    Way back in eastern clime,
    And did not know the customs
    Of this great modern time.

You now must have a preacher,
    (Please shout that long and loud!)
    In all the towns and cities,
    Or you can't draw the crowd.

The Baptists have a pastor,
    The smartest in the land,
    Digressives have an organ,
    And play to beat the band.

If you don't ape the fashions,
    You very soon will find
    That all the sects and parties
    Have left you far behind.

You need not hurt your conscience
    With an un-Bible name,
    Just call him your EVANGELIST,
    I'll PASTOR just the same!

When I was young and greener,
    I worked by the old plan,
    I knew the word evangelist
    Then meant a traveling man.

I went forth with my message,
    God's power to save from sin,
    I SOUNDED OUT the gospel,
    But now I sound it IN!

To keep the church converted,
    And free from every fear,
    I draw a handsome salary,
    One thousand plunks a year!

Farewell, ye old bush arbors,
    Ye once had your reward,
    Beneath your kindly shelter
    I used to "trust the Lord."

But God is now insolvent,
    In city, town, and ville,
    A church goes his security
    For my big gospel bill!

Ho, all LOCATED preachers,
    (That sound a bit absurd!)
    We'll show those old apostles
    How we SOUND IN the word!

Good-by, ye Bible model,
    Farewell, ye ancient plea,
    Sing loud, ye hired preacher,
    "Nearer, my JOB, to thee!"

Open Heart
Open Heart

September 16th, 2005, 4:38 am #27

Dear Reasoner,

There is a battle in the Churches of Christ and it's about Traditionalism. How far can you go towards nontraditional worship and not go against the beliefs of the church? I don't think I commented directly on what was witnessed at Central Pointe.

My comments were very direct in telling us to read the Bible for ourselves and we will find the Truth. Now, after reading the Bible and your congregation isn't worshiping based on what you have read, then you should do what is best for you.

I am more concerned about the laziness in the church and the influence of super churches that is causing the Churches of Christ to no longer keep our beliefs and put the souls of its members in jeopardy. I don't care what is going on in other churches because if it feels wrong to me, I move my membership.

I also commented on members of the church placing the preacher on a pedastal. A preacher should be treated like another member of the congregation. My "opinion" is a preacher shouldn't be paid by the church to do what he is "called" or "chosen" to do. Preaching has become an occupation for some. And the members help create these kinds of preachers. We need to examine that. The love of money is the root to all evil. Because a preacher is of the flesh, he can develop a lust for money and conduct service to attract money---not souls!

Just because a church has alot of members, active members, doesn't mean they are bearing good fruit. Look back in history and examine the churches with large numbers whose leaders were and still are living secret lives. They did alot of things for people, they had large numbers, traveled, led many to Christ and the preacher was doing wrong! What does that say about the messages he was teaching? Was he teaching those people right? What happened to those people?

We are old enough to ready with understanding and respond accordingly. Of course, no one will tell a preacher he is worshiping out of order. I mean let's be realistic.

I am curious to know what reason Bro Dulin gave for being rebaptised? And why did he wait until he got in the new building to do so?

Love,
Evon
Your message was filled with your beliefs and that's ok and please do not be offended if I take a position. But I had to ask these questions of you first.
Why would you ask a question about someone (christian)and you haven't asked that question personally? Are you ashamed of what you believe? Are you questioning someone's baptism? Is it for the good of the person who was rebaptized? Was it an answer to a good conscience? Do you follow scripture as you say you do? Has his rededication to God hindered the church from growing? Has this act injured what you believe? If you and many of the writers on this website were truly interested or "concerned" about what's going on in another vineyard of the Lord, shouldn't you take your "concerns/questions" directly to the source?
Did you die for another's sins? Do you hold the salvation of each man at your fingertip?
Let me stand on the Word of God. That's my position. When you stand on God's Word....now can we get you to go and make disciples...

Reasoner
Reasoner

September 18th, 2005, 3:18 am #28

Dear Reasoner,

Love,
Evon
Evon,

You stated that the truth is in reference to the word of God and it is not your opinion. Evon, God's word is truth. (John 17:17)
Again, I ask of you to give me book, chapter, and verse for what you call the truth concerning "some people, some christians, and some churches." If you cannot prove what you say from God's Word, then what you are speaking is your truth and your own opinion. God's word speaks for itself.

You said that you don't think you commented directly on what was witnessed at Central Pointe. Maybe you didn't know that the subject matter of this particular thread is Central Pointe Church of Christ Duncanville Texas. All of the responding post dealt with the same subject matter. Did you access the page entitled Central Pointe Church of Christ by mistake? Did you respond to the post talking about Central Pointe Church of Christ by mistake? Why didn't you start a new thread and share your personal views and your personal truths about whatever was on your mind since you say you were not commenting on Central Pointe?

You asked if anyone who knew the reason why Brother Dulin, the minister at Central Pointe, was rebaptised to write and tell YOU the reason for HIS actions. Do you not know that you should go to him directly concerning this matter since you are so greatly troubled by his actions. (Matthew 18:15, Luke 17:3-4, Galatians 6:1, James 5:19-20) How can one who is not directly commenting on Central Poine be so concerned about what the minister does?

James
James

September 19th, 2005, 1:20 pm #29

I had hoped that before afflicting people with the Praise Craze which is one of the oldest, most legalistic, patternists, superstitious rituals known to mankind which probably MOST of the congregation FEELS as a sick feeling in the stomach, someone would have checked into the meaning of Praise as a RITUAL. All history knows that the lostness of tribalism saw the need to DO praise rituals to appease, seduce or even threaten the "gods" that if they didn't produce more (members) they would take their worship elsewhere. Most tribalists believed that without their PRAISE the gods would give up and fail.

First, you should grasp that Jesus did not promise to build a worship center or praise center but an ekklesia or synagogue or school of the Bible. This was left virtually unchanged from the synagogue which He endorsed. The First days of festivals and always the seventh days were not called days of worship but of REST. They were to hold a HOLY CONVOCATION which means to READ or REHEARSE the Word of God from copies or memory.

Praise in a spiritual sense means to TELL THE STORY OF GOD and Paul commanded that we use the words of God.

The PRAISE of David meant to "make self vile" with singing, playing instruments, dancing and stripping off your clothes. This PRAISE word is the source of the word LUCIFER who is ZOE. ALL of the instrumental Psalms are WARRIOR'S CHANT and God authorized the trumpets to send signals or terrorize the enemy. ALL music works because it creates the same ENDORPHINS as being terrorized by a saber toothed tiger would produce. The impulses are FIGHT, FLIGHT or SEXUALITY. All of these drug-highs are well known to damage the body just as a runner damages their body before they get the RUNNER'S HIGH.

After the nation of Israel had fallen from grace because of the musical idolatry at Mount Sinai, ALL of the evidence including Stephen who enraged the clergy was that the music was a prayer and God TURNED THEM OVER TO WORSHIP THE STARRY HOST. That is the ONLY authority you have for ANY music concept which always marked paganism.

God defined the ASSEMBLY which is a word for the synagogue and was what Stephen called "the church in the wilderness." When they assembled it was only for instructions and the church did not change anything but add the Lord's Supper. It did not add singing, preaching or giving money. Numbers 10:7 OUTLAWS the triumph or alarm which means "playing instruments and making a joyful noise before the Lord." Psalm 41 prophesied that Judas would try to PANIC Jesus using the Clergy Warrior musicians to come for Jesus. I'm sorry if you have been too busy doing singy-clappy to notice that and no preacher is prepared to teach you.

The word PLEASURE was a sexual impulse to LIFT PEOPLE UP in mental anxiety which Jesus died to remove. The method was an exciting form of SINGING which was known as SORCERY. The purpose was HERESY which was to carry you away for the DEMAGOGUE'S own uses. Jesus EXAMPLED never being caught in a pagan arousal ritual and Paul directly commanded that we NOT do it. Otherwise, the diversity in Romans 14 could not be healed. It seems that someone is taking a united church and turning it BACKWARD to Romans 14.

<font color=red>Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. (education) Rom 15: 2
  • For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. Rom 15: 3
</font>Pleasuring is produced in the Greek texts by Demagogues who LIFT YOU UP with PRAISE SINGING in order to CARRY YOU AWAY for his own USES which means HERESY.

<font color=red>For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Rom 15: 4 </font>

You remember that Paul never commanded SINGING but SPEAKING one to another to TEACH and ADMONISH one another. All of the resources Paul defined are inspired by the Spirit of Christ.

Teaching is not SANGING but speaking to one another with Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs which are ALL the inspired text. The word SING is ODE and means to speak and it further defines PSALMOS as in "Hebrew Cantillation." That is why Paul said SPEAK to one another and not SING to one another..
  • <font color=blue>Didaskalia (g1319) did-as-kal-ee'-ah; from 1320; instruction (the function or the information): - doctrine, learning, teaching. </font>

The direct command to Timothy was:

<font color=blue> Till I come, give attendance to [public] reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. 1 Tim 4:13 </font>

Attendance is a "worship" word meaning to hold the mind to.
Disciples are MADE by baptizing and teaching what Jesus taught and revealed through the apostles. Every school boy who aspired to be a DISCIPLE of a master tentmaker could comprehend that.

<font color=red> Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: Rom 15: 5 </font>

Jesus did not try to AROUSE spiritual excitement. If He had done so He COULD NOT be a Teacher of SPIRITUAL KNOWLEDGE.

<font color=red>That ye may with one MIND and one MOUTH glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Rom 15: 6 </font>

PRAISE means to tell the story of God and only God knows how. Paul defined the way to GLORIFY God which is by speaking HIS Words. If we "sang" Twila Paris then we WORSHIP Twila Paris.

That defines the ekklesia or synagogue which solves the diversity problem in Romans 14, BOTH of which had a music for PLEASURING practice.

<font color=red>Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us, to the glory of God. Rom 15:7 </font>

SINGING as an act as opposed to teaching was introduced in the year 373 and unity has been destroyed every time people want to MUSICATE.

The NEW STYLE PRAISE SINGING from the OLD STYLE Towers of Babylon INTENDS to sow discord to drive the old people out into the cold so they can attract body worshipers: Pleasuring is still called heresy. I sense some GLORIFYING in being able to sow discord?
I seldom read this site anymore. Honestly I can't stomach the antagonism, the harrassment, and the generally demeaning and judgemental nature displayed by the main contributors. However, I happend to be on today and noticed this thread regarding Central Pointe and Reginald Dulin and felt compelled to write.

Though Brother Dulin needs absolutely no defense, since his work speaks for itself, I must say that having known of him and his family, who are staunch members of the church of Christ in Winston-Salem, NC, where I lived for 11 years, I can say without a doubt that most of the accusations presented here, if any, are completely exaggerated. Listen to the member from CPCC who wrote in. She corrected some misinformation that had been given earlier.

Better than that, call Brother Dulin. He'll be most happy to talk with anyone. And as to his rebaptism and reasons for it, quite plainly IT IS NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS! LET IT GO!

People, read your bibles. Don't give a whole lot of credence to this sight. And, certainly don't let it replace the time you would normally spend with family or your personal time with the Lord.

netta
netta

September 21st, 2005, 2:57 pm #30

Central Pointe is on its way to being a denominational church. I guess the bigger the better is there philosophy. Whatever happen to saving souls? "Pastor" Dulin must have been re-baptized because we don't have pastors in the church of christ. I feel sorry for this church. They need much prayer. But, I din't know if that will even help.
You're just and OLD BITTY!!! find me some scriptures about what was wrong with his services and them u can talk. As always GOD BLESS.