~Let's Go To Vegas~ Chapter 21

~Let's Go To Vegas~ Chapter 21

June 18th, 2006, 1:29 pm #1

(Thanks to Belle for the beautiful banner)

Chapter 21

Shawn and Belle were now on their way to the Las Vegas Hilton hotel where the Barry Manilow concert was to be held. As they were driving, they both talked about how much they were having a good time. And Belle was jokingly saying that maybe they should move to Las Vegas, but both Shawn and Belle knew how much they would miss their families.

As the car pulled to a stop in the hotel parking lot, Shawn stopped the car and went over to open Belle's door for her, and then headed into the hotel. After walking into the theater where the concert was going to be, Shawn and Belle where shown to their table. Since it was a dinner and a show, they just ordered drinks.

"You know Shawn, I've been thinking. Maybe since we both love it here so much, that maybe we should come back as much as we can." Belle said, as they were waiting for the show to begin.

"That's a great idea! And when our son or daughter is old enough we can bring him or her here. There's plenty of things for families to do here."

"Yeah, and you know that Andrew and Stephanie are going to want to see their new little cousin as much as they can." Belle said, getting excited about the thought of bringing hers and Shawn's child to visit cousins Andrew and Stephanie.

They were going talk somemore about future plans, but were interupted by the arrival of Robin and Patrick who were both arguing with each other.

"Don't they remind you of how we used to be?" Belle smiled.

"Yeah. Eventhough we fought and teased each other back in high school, I knew that I was just covering the fact that I was in love with you." Shawn said, leaning over and giving his wife a sweet but passionate kiss.

"Sorry we're late. Dr. Scorpio here, got the directions missed up. Mrs. Brady, you're looking very beautiful tonight." Patrick said, smiling at Belle. This time, Shawn wasn't too worried about Patrick flirting with his wife. He knew that Dr. Drake did to get a reaction out of Robin.

"Excuse me, we're staying in this hotel. It was YOU that was looking at every female that passed us." Robin snapped back, and took her seat next to Belle at the table.

No sooner than when Robin and Patrick arrived, that the concert began.

The concert lasted for about two hours. Barry Manilow sang most of his hit songs like; "Looks Like We Made It", "Brooklyn Blues", "I Write The Songs", and "Mandy". And of course he sang one of his most famous songs, "Copacbana".

Since Bo and Hope was the most romantic couple he knew, Shawn knew all of the song that were performed.

And it was during the song "Ready To Take A Chance Again", Dr. Patrick Drake made the first move to show Robin Scorpio how much he truely cared for her.

"You remind me, I live in a shell
Safe from the past and doing okay
But not very well
No jolts, no surprises,
No crisis arises, my life goes along as it should
It`s all very nice but not very good

And I'm ready to take a chance again
Ready to put my love on the line
With you...
Been living with nothing to show for it
You get what you get when you go for it
And I'm ready to take a chance again with you

When she left me, in all my despair
I just held on, my hopes were all gone
Then I found you there

With you
And I'm ready to take a chance again,
With you
Ready to take a chance again, with you.....
With you"

And nobody seemed to noticed that by the end of the song, Robin and Patrick were in a world of their own.

After the concert ended, Shawn and Belle decided to visit some of the places that they went to while on their day out a few days ago. Along with Robin and Patrick, they drove downtown to Glitter Gluch. It was once again lit up for the night time. The two couples noticed that there was a parade going on, so they stood on Fremont Street to watch.

After a few minutes of taking in the beautiful sites, the small groud decided to go somewhere else. Belle had suggested the Stratosphere Tower, and the other three readily agreed.

Upon arriving, the group got to the top and began to look out over the city. The last time that Belle and Shawn were there, it was daylight. But, now in the night time the view was spectacular. The whole city was lit up like a giant Christmas tree with sparkling and neon lights.

Shawn came up behind Belle, put his arms gently around her waist, and gave her the most loving kiss.

"I love you so much, Belle." He softly whispered.

"And I love you too, Shawn. Always."

To Be Continued....

Song Credit: "Ready To Take A Chance Again" by Barry Manilow