Tokunaga book question...

Tokunaga book question...

April 1st, 2010, 7:05 am #1

Morning all - I just picked up Ikuo Tokunagas book, which is Japanese.

Do you know if it is possible to scan a paragraph, and to translate the text in Google Translate?

Thanks in advance

Harry Teicher

"That a wristwatch is a small celestial theater. It is a small sky. A device for the measure of shadows." -Gabriel Gudding
Last edited by Harry_Teicher on April 1st, 2010, 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2010, 8:31 am #2

but you need some kind of OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software to get from the scan to word format. There are a few that does a decent job of English but I assume Japanese is harder. There is usually also a fair bit of proofreading involved.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/top-5-free ... o-text-nb/

- martin

April 1st, 2010, 11:00 am #3

Thanks for that - there are a couple of paragraphs I would really love to read, although the pictures themselves are worth buying the book for, imo!

Harry Teicher

"That a wristwatch is a small celestial theater. It is a small sky. A device for the measure of shadows." -Gabriel Gudding

April 1st, 2010, 2:31 pm #4

Morning all - I just picked up Ikuo Tokunagas book, which is Japanese.

Do you know if it is possible to scan a paragraph, and to translate the text in Google Translate?

Thanks in advance

Harry Teicher

Perhaps there's a Japanese-speaking university student looking to earn some money who would translate it for a fee. Do you live near any universities?

Perhaps a post to Craig's List is in order.

Best of luck!
Myles